From Guild Wars 2 WikiJump to navigationJump to search
This article is about the mesmer skill. For the trait skill that previously had the same name, see Lesser Phantasmal Defender.
- Mesmer (skill list)
- Illusionary Defender
- Training cost
- 3 Hero points
- Game link
Phantasm. Summon an illusion that taunts your target and all nearby targets while blocking. When it finishes blocking, the illusion explodes, dealing increased damage for each attack it blocked.
- Damage: 393 (0.4)?
- Damage: 197 (0.2)?
- Increased damage per block: 50%
- Maximum Damage Increase: 500%
- Taunt (3s): Involuntarily attack foes.
- Taunt (1s): Involuntarily attack foes.
- Number of Targets: 5
- Radius: 240
- Range: 900
— In-game description
- Illusion of Vulnerability — Inflict vulnerability when you interrupt a foe. This trait can only affect enemies with defiance bars once per interval.
- Furious Interruption — Gain quickness when you interrupt a foe.
- Vicious Expression — You and your illusions deal increased strike damage to foes without boons. Disabling a foe removes boons from them. Disables include stun, daze, knockback, pull, knockdown, sink, float, launch, taunt, and fear.
- Power Block — Interrupts deal damage and inflict weakness. Enemy skills that you interrupt have an increased cooldown. Cannot increase recharge of skills with no recharge or skills on creatures with defiance bars. This trait can only damage enemies with defiance bars once per interval.
- Phantasmal Fury — Your phantasms have fury.
- Duelist's Discipline — Pistol attacks from you and your illusions have a chance to cause bleeding. Interrupting a foe recharges pistol skills. This trait can only reduce recharge on enemies with defiance bars once per interval.
- Ineptitude — Interrupting a foe inflicts blind, and blinding a foe inflicts confusion. This trait can only activate on enemies with defiance bars once per interval.
- Illusionary Defense — Gain a stacking damage reduction whenever you summon an illusion. Virtuoso: Triggers when stocking a blade.
- Chaotic Interruption — When you interrupt a foe, recharge one of your equipped-weapon skills at random. Only affects weapon skills that are recharging.
- Sympathetic Visage — Phantasms take your conditions when they are first summoned.
- Illusionary Inspiration — Summoning an illusion heals all allies around you. Virtuoso: Triggers when stocking a blade.
- Persistence of Memory — When a phantasm becomes a clone, it transfers its boons to you.
- Compounding Power — Creating an illusion increases your outgoing damage and gives increased condition damage for a short duration. Virtuoso: Triggers when stocking a blade.
- Phantasmal Haste — Phantasms spawn with quickness. Gain quickness when you create a phantasm.
- Phantasmal Force — Phantasms deal increased strike damage for each stack of might you have. Gain might when your phantasms become clones.
- Delayed Reactions — Disabling a foe slows them. Disables include stun, daze, knockback, pull, knockdown, sink, float, launch, taunt, and fear. This trait can only affect the same enemy with once per interval.
- Time Catches Up — Activating a Shatter gives your illusions superspeed. Shatters deal increased damage to movement-impaired foes.
- Chronophantasma — The first time a phantasm would become a clone, it instead resummons itself and attacks again. Resummoned phantasms inflict a percentage of the original's damage. (Resummoned phantasms are briefly dazed.)
- Phantasmal Blades — Phantasms that successfully complete their attack launch a blade at their target and grant you fury when they expire.
- Summons a phantasm called Illusionary Defender wielding a shield and no weapon (but does damage).
- When used underwater, the activation is second. ½
- If the explosion of the Phantasmal Defender deals the final blow to a mob it progresses the Shield Master achievement.
- Phantasms have their own unique weapon strength that is independent of the player's equipped weapon rarity.
For a detailed skill history, see here.
|May 22, 2018||
|February 06, 2018||
|February 22, 2017||
|October 18, 2016||
|July 26, 2016||
|October 23, 2015||Heart of Thorns release:
|June 23, 2015||Specialization update:
|January 27, 2015||
|May 20, 2014||
|August 28, 2012||Game release:
- The Illusionary Defender's shield resembles the Wall of the Mists.