Great Jungle Wurm
From Guild Wars 2 WikiJump to navigationJump to search
This article is about the Caledon Forest world boss. For the Bloodtide Coast world boss, see Triple Trouble. For other uses, see Great Jungle Wurm (disambiguation).
Great Jungle Wurm
- Wychmire Swamp
The Great Jungle Wurm is an enormous Jungle Wurm and World boss in the heart of Wychmire Swamp, south of Twilight Arbor. Although it spawns Summoned Husks and Nightmare Hounds, Gamarien believes its presence there is the result of a "much darker force" than the Nightmare Court, and simply defeating it is not enough to clear the local corruption.
- Caledon Forest
- Wychmire Swamp (During related events only)
- Defeat the great jungle wurm (15) [Group Event]
- The wurm bites down on a nearby Elite Ritual Husk, consuming it to heal itself. This skill has a very short range and doesn't always immediately occur when a husk gets within range.
- The wurm sits up straight and roars, Fearing enemies in a point-blank area of effect for 5 seconds.
- Bite - The wurm quickly whips around, dealing damage and knocking back in a point-blank area of effect; ~600 range, this is the wurm's auto-attack.
- Frost Siege - The wurm slowly coils itself up and then whips around, dealing damage in a small point-blank area of effect and firing multiple projectiles in random locations within a much larger point-blank area of effect. The smaller attack can hit a single target up to 7 times, inflicting Poisoned and 1 stack of Bleeding for 5 seconds with each hit. Projectiles inflict Poisoned and 1 stack of Bleeding for 5 seconds on hit and create a point-blank-on-target area of effect cloud. These clouds last for 10 seconds and pulse every 2 seconds, poisoning for 8 seconds with each pulse.
- Bosses: Don't Feed the Beast — Prevent the great jungle wurm from eating any summoned husks. (10 )
- The Tyrian Service Medal: Caledon Forest Combat Distinction — Defeat the Great Jungle Wurm in Caledon Forest[sic]
- HOPE I: Research: Jar of Wurmswort — Found in the Great Jungle Wurm's chest in the Wychmire Swamp of Caledon Forest.
- Nevermore I: Ravenswood Branch: Swamp Protector — Found in the chest after killing the Jungle Wurm terrorizing the Wychmire Swamp in Caledon Forest.
- The Moot III: The Energizer: Gummy Wurms
- Decade of the Dragons: Decade of Champions: Great Jungle Wurm — Defeat the great jungle wurm in Wychmire Swamp in Caledon Forest. (1)
- Previously, its corpse would not disappear. When the meta event chain has restarted, the wurm would wake up and go back underground.
- Its combat mechanics and visuals were improved with the July 19, 2022 game update update.