Admiral Taidha Covington
Admiral Taidha Covington
After you meet Grenth, be sure to tell him the Hydra Queen sent you!
Admiral Taidha Covington, also known as the Hydra Queen, is the infamous leader of the Covington Pirates and can be found on Laughing Gull Island. She leads a pirate alliance consisting of various crews which oppose the Captain's Council and the Lionguard. Killing her is the final step of the area's meta event, The Campaign Against Taidha Covington. The Hydra Queen shows reverence towards Grenth, the God of Death, invoking his name when in combat.
Admiral Taidha Covington of the Covington Pirates was once a member of the Captain's Council but eventually left due to disagreements. She captured the Capricorn, a magical ship, from Captain Peter the Lost but could not figure out how to tell the ship to weigh anchor. She had to abandon the ship as a result, leaving the Capricorn to sail the seas as an elusive ghost ship.
Taidha fortified her base on Laughing Gull Island atop the ruins of Port Noble and persuaded or forced several pirate crews to work for her, becoming a noteworthy rival to the ships sailing under the flags of the Captain's Council. Her pirate alliance began harassing locals in Bloodtide Coast and beyond, leading to a war between her crews and the Lionguard.
The Hydra Queen's reign of terror was contested in 1325 AE when the Order of Whispers began a campaign to eliminate her and replace her with one of her bribed allies, Captain Penzan. While Whispers agents hampered the crews of the pirate alliance in the region, the Lionguard and various adventurers besieged Covington Keep from land and sea and broke through the keep's sturdy gate. Ever defiant, Taidha confronted the assaulters and fought them head on before she was forced to retreat deeper into the base, proving herself to be a skilled combatant throughout the assault.
The Hydra Queen ultimately lost her life atop her keep, and her last words invoked Grenth, the God of Death, with the desire to meet him in the Underworld. Following Taidha's demise, the keep was overrun by Risen until these dragon minions were pushed back as well, and the Lionguard established a foothold on the island.
- Kill Admiral Taidha Covington (50) [Group Event]
- Drops Turrets
- Taidha's Slash - causes Bleeding and Weakness
- Taidha's Shot - Channeled attack that hits multiple times
- Taidha's Cannon - Extreme damage, causes Knockdown
- Taidha's Dodge - causes Bleeding, Crippled, Evade, and Knockdown 5
- Taidha's Reel - Pulls and reflects projectiles while hitting multiple times and causes 2 Bleeding per hit and Vulnerability per hit
- Place turret - creates either a Pirate Turret that has a Bomb or Covington Rifle Turret which uses Rifle Turret
- Stolen skills
|Embroidered Coin Purse||Container||Exotic||1|
|Coarse Leather Strap||Trophy, Salvage item||Basic||1|
|Sack of Booty||Container||Basic||1|
- Bosses: Kill the Hydra Queen — Find and defeat the hydra queen. (10 )
- Specialization Collections: Mistward Plate — Collect all 7 items and skins to forge your Mistward Plate. (3)
- Legendary Weapons: Astralaria III: The Mechanism — The heavens grant their gifts to Tyria in the form of meteors that streak across our skies. Gather the ore of these fallen stars and use it to craft the spinning armillary that will eventually rest in the heart of your legendary weapon. Do this to create The Mechanism, the next step of your quest to attain Astralaria. (3)
- Legendary Weapons: Chuka and Champawat IV: Tiger Training Guide — As my tigers grow, it's a daily challenge to learn for myself the lessons I need to be able to impart to the cubs when they're ready. (0)
- Legendary Weapons: Frenzy III: Rage — Quaggan are a peaceful people, but when provoked, quaggans become engines of anger and fury. Usually, though, quaggans like friends. Quaggans want give them friendship bracelets. Will you be quaggans' friend? Consider your reply carefully as you seek to attain the legendary precursor Rage. (3)
- Legendary Weapons: Quip I: The Experimental Pistol — Humor is in the mind of the beholder, and a prankster is welcome everywhere. Well, most places. Well, among your friends. Consider this quirk in the nature of the universe as you take your first steps in creating the legendary precursor, Chaos Gun. (3)
- Legendary Weapons: The Flameseeker Prophecies I: The Experimental Shield — Tyria is a land of heroes and villains locked in eternal struggle. Attain the "Anthology of Villains" and record the tales of the defeat of the most dastardly of their lot. Meditate upon the nature of villainy as you take the first steps in creating the legendary precursor known as The Chosen. (3)
- Legendary Weapons: The Minstrel III: The Bard — From the forge of criticism emerges the glory of performance, where one learns of the vast wonder of the world of music. Tyria is alive with music if one only takes the time to focus upon it. Gather these songs in your journey to create the legendary precursor The Bard. (3)
- Legendary Weapons: The Moot III: The Energizer — After the successful hunt comes the celebration, when all the pent-up energy of the battle is released in food and song. Drink, dine, dance, and revel across the land of Tyria in your journey to attain the legendary precursor known as the Energizer. (3)
- Legendary Weapons: The Predator III: The Hunter — One hunts by stealth and slyness, and one targets only the most valuable prey. Show your ability to stalk your prey and use the knowledge gained as you craft the legendary precursor The Hunter. (3)
- Legendary Weapons: Twilight I: The Experimental Nightsword — All things must end, all kingdoms perish, and every day must finish in the fall of night. Consider the finality of all things by meditating on the transience of power and glory throughout Tyria, all in order to take your first steps in creating the legendary precursor known as Dusk. (3)
- Killing Taidha Covington will reward the achievement Kill the Hydra Queen. Prior to the update of 4/15/2014 it was difficult to accomplish due to bugs and particular battle mechanics.
- She drops the pirate variant of the Embroidered Coin Purse.
- In the past, players would only receive credit for the Kill the Hydra Queen achievement if Lionscout Jenny was alive when the Admiral died.
- Associated items