Admiral Taidha Covington
Admiral Taidha Covington
After you meet Grenth, be sure to tell him the Hydra Queen sent you!
Admiral Taidha Covington, also known as the Hydra Queen, is the infamous leader of the Covington Pirates and can be found on Laughing Gull Island. She leads a pirate alliance consisting of various crews which oppose the Captain's Council and the Lionguard. Killing her is the final step of the area's meta event, The Campaign Against Taidha Covington. The Hydra Queen shows reverence towards Grenth, the God of Death, invoking his name when in combat.
Admiral Taidha Covington of the Covington Pirates was once a member of the Captain's Council but eventually left due to disagreements. She captured the Capricorn, a magical ship, from Captain Peter the Lost but could not figure out how to tell the ship to weigh anchor. She had to abandon the ship as a result, leaving the Capricorn to sail the seas as an elusive ghost ship.
Taidha fortified her base on Laughing Gull Island atop the ruins of Port Noble and persuaded or forced several pirate crews to work for her, becoming a noteworthy rival to the ships sailing under the flags of the Captain's Council. Her pirate alliance began harassing locals in Bloodtide Coast and beyond, leading to a war between her crews and the Lionguard.
The Hydra Queen's reign of terror was contested in 1325 AE when the Order of Whispers began a campaign to eliminate her and replace her with one of her bribed allies, Captain Penzan. While Whispers agents hampered the crews of the pirate alliance in the region, the Lionguard and various adventurers besieged Covington Keep from land and sea and broke through the keep's sturdy gate. Ever defiant, Taidha confronted the assaulters and fought them head on before she was forced to retreat deeper into the base, proving herself to be a skilled combatant throughout the assault.
The Hydra Queen ultimately lost her life atop her keep, and her last words invoked Grenth, the God of Death, with the desire to meet him in the Underworld. Following Taidha's demise, the keep was overrun by Risen until these dragon minions were pushed back as well, and the Lionguard established a foothold on the island.
- Kill Admiral Taidha Covington (50) [Group Event]
- Drops Turrets
- Taidha's Slash - causes Bleeding and Weakness
- Taidha's Shot - Channeled attack that hits multiple times
- Taidha's Cannon - Extreme damage, causes Knockdown
- Taidha's Dodge - causes Bleeding, Crippled, Evade, and Knockdown 5
- Taidha's Reel - Pulls and reflects projectiles while hitting multiple times and causes 2 Bleeding per hit and Vulnerability per hit
- Place turret - creates either a Pirate Turret that has a Bomb or Covington Rifle Turret which uses Rifle Turret
- Stolen skills
|Embroidered Coin Purse||Container||Exotic||1|
|Coarse Leather Strap||Trophy, Salvage item||Basic||1|
|Sack of Booty||Container||Basic||1|
- Bosses: Kill the Hydra Queen — Find and defeat the hydra queen. (10 )
- Mistward Plate: Mistward Coat Panel
- Astralaria III: The Mechanism: Ancient Runed Tablet
- Chuka and Champawat IV: Tiger Training Guide: Lesson: Avoid Bandits
- Frenzy III: Rage: Breekeelee Friendship Bracelet
- Quip I: The Experimental Pistol: Birding with Taidha Covington
- The Flameseeker Prophecies I: The Experimental Shield: Taidha Covington
- The Minstrel III: The Bard: Covington's Sea Song
- The Moot III: The Energizer: Blood Orange
- The Predator III: The Hunter: Assassinate Taidha Covington
- Twilight I: The Experimental Nightsword: Ocean Supremacy
- Killing Taidha Covington will reward the achievement Kill the Hydra Queen. Prior to the update of 4/15/2014 it was difficult to accomplish due to bugs and particular battle mechanics.
- She drops the pirate variant of the Embroidered Coin Purse.
- In the past, players would only receive credit for the Kill the Hydra Queen achievement if Lionscout Jenny was alive when the Admiral died.
- Associated items