Admiral Taidha Covington
Admiral Taidha Covington
After you meet Grenth, be sure to tell him the Hydra Queen sent you!
Admiral Taidha Covington is the infamous leader of the Covington Pirates and can be found on Laughing Gull Island. Killing her is the final step of the area's meta event, The Campaign Against Taidha Covington. She shows reverence towards Grenth, the God of Death, invoking his name when in combat.
Admiral Taidha Covington of the Covington Pirates was once a member of the Captain's Council but eventually left due to disagreements. She captured the Capricorn, a magical ship, from Captain Peter the Lost but could not figure out how to tell the ship to weigh anchor. She had to abandon the ship as a result, leaving the Capricorn to sail the seas as an elusive ghost ship.
Taidha fortified her base on Laughing Gull Island atop the ruins of Port Noble and persuaded or forced several pirate crews to work for her, becoming a noteworthy rival to the ships sailing under the flags of the Captain's Council. Her pirate alliance began harassing locals in Bloodtide Coast and beyond, leading to a war between her crews and the Lionguard.
The Hydra Queen's reign of terror was contested in 1325 AE when the Lionguard, assisted by adventurers, besieged Covington Keep from land and sea and broke through the keep's sturdy gate after weakening her pirate allies one crew at a time. Ever defiant, Taidha confronted the assaulters and fought them head on before she was forced to retreat deeper into the base, proving herself to be a skilled combatant throughout the assault.
The admiral ultimately lost her life atop her keep, and her last words invoked Grenth, the God of Death, with the desire to meet him in the Underworld. Following Taidha's demise, the keep was overrun by Risen until these dragon minions were pushed back as well and the Lionguard established a foothold on the island.
- Kill Admiral Taidha Covington (50) [Group Event]
- Drops Turrets
- Taidha's Slash - causes Bleeding and Weakness
- Taidha's Shot - Channeled attack that hits multiple times
- Taidha's Cannon - Extreme damage, causes Knockdown
- Taidha's Dodge - causes Bleeding, Crippled, Evade, and Knockdown 5
- Taidha's Reel - Pulls and reflects projectiles while hitting multiple times and causes 2 Bleeding per hit and Vulnerability per hit
- Place turret - creates either a Pirate Turret that has a Bomb or Covington Rifle Turret which uses Rifle Turret
|Embroidered Coin Purse||Container||Exotic||1|
|Coarse Leather Strap||Trophy, Salvage item||Basic||1|
|Kill the Hydra Queen||Bosses||10|
|Find and defeat the hydra queen.It's a metaphor.||Boss Achievement||10|
- Killing her will reward the achievement Kill the Hydra Queen. Prior to the update of 4/15/14 it was difficult to accomplish due to bugs and particular battle mechanics.
- Defeating Taidha Covington is required for many collections:
- Ancient Runed Tablet is a crafting material required for Astralaria III: The Mechanism legendary weapon collection.
- Assassinate Taidha Covington is a trophy required for The Predator III: The Hunter legendary weapon collection.
- Birding Taidha Covington is a trophy required for the Quip I: The Experimental Pistol legendary weapon collection.
- Blood Orange is food required for The Moot III: The Energizer legendary weapon collection.
- Breekeelee Friendship Bracelet is a trophy required for the Frenzy III: Rage legendary weapon collection which is obtainable by speaking with Drenikroovah immediately after defeating Taidha.
- Covington's Sea Song is a trophy required for the The Minstrel III: The Bard legendary weapon collection.
- Lesson: Avoid Bandits is a trophy required for the Chuka and Champawat IV: Tiger Training Guide legendary weapon collection.
- Ocean Supremacy is a trophy required for the Twilight I: The Experimental Nightsword legendary weapon collection.
- Taidha Covington (trophy) is a trophy required for the The Flameseeker Prophecies I: The Experimental Shield legendary weapon collection.
- Mistward Coat Panel is a trophy required for the Mistward Plate collection.