Elder Druid Protection
Elder Druid Protection
- 1330 AE
- Living World Season 3
- Draconis Mons
(Ring of Fire)
Click to enlarge
- In order to enter the volcano's lava, I must earn the blessings of four trapped elder druids.
- Find the guardian golem in the golem graveyard.
- Speak to the golem.
- Defeat spiders to find the gem key.
- Return to M.O.X.
- Find Zinn's vault in the Ancient Hollow.
- Find Zinn's vault at the top of the cavern.
- Find the elder druid in the Inquest camp.
- Find Zinn's vault near the Boiling Sea.
- Find and free the elder druid in the Ancient Hollow. (when approaching vault in Ancient Hollow)
- Find the elder druid at the top of the cavern. (when approaching vault at top of cavern)
- Find the elder druid near the boiling sea. (when approaching vault at sea level)
- Contact Taimi via the holo device at the sub landing. (after second druid is freed)
This next step can be completed in any order, as there are 4 vaults scattered around the map. One is right in the Ancient Hollow (which is filled with poison gas), one is on the upper level on the eastern side (with many imprisoned creatures), one is on the water level in the southern area, and one is in the Inquest camp up near the top level (locked behind a gate that requires an Inquest Keypad).
After freeing the second druid, Taimi will call, saying she discovered something and ask you to plug into the communicator back at the landing base. You can visit here at any time, but it is a required step before completing this chapter.
|Elder Druid Protection||Flashpoint||0|
|Find the imprisoned druids and gain their blessings.Story Journal: Elder Druid Protection||Gained the Druid Blessings||0|
- Upon finding the Golem
- M.O.X.: LIFE-FORM DE-TEC-TEDC IN VI-CIN-I-TY. AC-TIV-ATE GREE-TING MODE.
- <Character name>: Are you... How long... Who are you?
- M.O.X.: GREE-TINGS, LIFE-FORM! FOR YOUR CON-VEN-IENCE, I RE-SPOND TO THE NAME M.O.X.
- M.O.X.: I WOULD LIKE TO MAKE AN OFF-ER- US-ER ZINN HAS CEASED TO FUNC-TION. GOL-EM SQUAD REN-DERED IN-CA-PA-CI-TA-TED.
- M.O.X.: I DE-DUCE THAT YOU HAVE COME HERE FOR A REA-SON. HELP ME AND GOL-EMS. GOL-EMS WILL HELP YOU.
- <Character name>: I need to find the nearest of Zinn's vaults and get into it. Can you help me with that?
- M.O.X.: I A-LONE CAN HELP YOU WITH THAT. I HAVE THE EN-TRY CODE TO ZINN'S FIRST VAULT. BUT YOU WILL NEED THE KEY GEM.
- <Character name>: Where is it?
- M.O.X.: A RE-SEAR-CHER STOLE IT. A WEB-BY ATE THE A-SU-RA.
- <Character name>: So...it's in one of these spiders? Do you know which one?
- M.O.X.: NEG-A-TIVE. I AM CON-FI-DENT YOU WILL FIND THE ONE.
- Returning with the key gem
- <Character name>: I found the key gem.
- M.O.X.: GOOD. I AM ALT-ER-ING... THE SE-CUR-IT-Y ON... ZINN'S VAULT TO... REC-OG-NIZE YOU. PRO-CESS-ING... DONE.
- M.O.X.: A-SCEND THE ROOT OVER THERE TO FIND ZINN'S VAULT. THE OTH-ERS ARE IN DIFF-ER-ENT PLACES.
- M.O.X.: ONE AT THE A-PEX, ONE ON THE SHORE OF THE BOIL-ING SEA, AND ONE HAS BEEN BREACHED BY IN-QUEST.
- <Character name>: Thanks. Hm, you know? I have people here and a submarine. You could come back with us. Back to civilization.
- M.O.X.: YOU WILL BE THE NEW US-ER? AC-CEPT-ABLE. WHEN DO WE LEAVE? CAN WEB-BY COME?
- If asura:
- <Character name>: I have something to take care of first, and then we'll go. Your pet eats asura. It stays, so say your good-byes.
- If charr:
- <Character name>: I have something to take care of first, and then we'll go. The spider has to stay, so say your good-byes.
- <Character name>: I have something to take care of first, and then we'll go. I'm afraid Webby has to stay, so say your good-byes.
- M.O.X.: UN-DER-STOOD. GOOD-BYE MODE EN-GAGED.
- Upon opening any vault door
- Vault Guard: M.O.X. AP-PROVES. AC-CESS GRAN-TED.
- Upon releasing the first druid spirit
- <Spirit>: Free. I am freed after all this time.
- <Spirit>: The wind whispered your intention to me. I grant a portion of the protection you need to enter the volcano's throat.
- If asura:
- <Character name>: Enjoy your freedom.
- If charr:
- <Character name>: Thanks. I'll use it well.
- <Character name>: Thank you. I won't waste your gift.
- Taimi: Commander, I'm getting an odd reading from the communicator. Your temperature seems to be fluctuating. Wildly.
- <Character name>: Oh, yes, that makes sense. I was given a heat barrier from one of the Spirits of the Wild down here.
- Taimi: Sure. Yeah. Perfect sense. But seriously what's happening?
- <Character name>: I told you. These voices spoke to me.
- Taimi: Uh-huh.
- <Character name>: Then the ghost tree things told me I should free them.
- Taimi: Uh-huh.
- <Character name>: And in return, they grant me protection from the high temperatures.
- Taimi: Sure, sure... So... You're clearly suffering from heat stroke. But don't panic; I'll send help your way!
- <Character name>: Taimi, I'm fine. Or will be. As soon as I liberate more of my magical ghost friends.
- Taimi: Oh, boy.
- Upon releasing the second druid spirit
- <Spirit>: You are the one mentioned on the wind.
- <Spirit>: You are determined to enter the corpus of Tyria. For your help, I grant you partial protection in the volcano's throat.
- <Character name>: I appreciate it.
- Taimi: Come in, Commander. Hey, don't touch that!
- <Character name>: Go ahead, Taimi.
- Taimi: Ugh, Phlunt and his nosy little puppets are picking this place clean! Okay...not sure how to even start this...
- Taimi: (big breath) Look, we've discovered that eliminating dragons isn't the best thing for the environment...
- Taimi: But what else were we going to do? Keep them alive and just let 'em eat us?
- Taimi: So we destroy them and deal with the fallout, but... But what if we can't deal with the consequences anymore?
- <Character name>: What's worse than being consumed by a dragon?
- Taimi: Well, when Balthazar stole the machine, it got me thinking, so I ran a scenario in the simulation room.
- Taimi: And... I should have done this before! This is all my fault! I was so exhausted!
- Taimi: Keeping the lab secret, working all hours, I didn't... A— All the lives!
- Taimi: I've doomed everyone! Probably? I don't know!
- <Character name>: What are you getting at? What's going on?
- <Character name>: Are—? Taimi?
- Taimi: I'm here. There's a communicator dock near the submarine you arrived on. Plug into that and you'll see...
- Upon releasing the third druid spirit
- <Spirit>: I heard you might come, but I did not expect it to happen. You have kept your word.
- <Spirit>: I offer you my protection for your journey into the volcano's throat and only there.
- If asura:
- <Character name>: Thank you for doing your part to save Tyria.
- If charr:
- <Character name>: Only there, huh? That's a shame. But thanks.
- <Character name>: Thank you for helping me.
- Upon releasing the forth druid spirit
- <Spirit>: You have traveled a treacherous path, and the worst is yet to come. Now you must dare the volcano's throat.
- <Spirit>: That is where you will find the one you seek. The long lost God of Fire. Go now.
- <Spirit>: The blessings you have received will end when your deed is done. Do not fail. Upward to the apex.
- Upon using the holoprojector
- <Character name>: I'm plugged in. Show me.
- Taimi: (deep breath) Incoming...
- During the cinematic
- Taimi: The simulation is beginning.
- After the cinematic
- <Character name>: Taimi...
- Taimi: I know. We're completely nooked!
- <Character name>: Are you sure this is accurate? Will it really...?
- Taimi: There's a definite margin for error, but I think it's sound. Oh, I don't know! I'm so tired! Please don't be mad at me!
- <Character name>: I'm not. Don't... We'll just stop him. It's okay. We have to.
- Taimi: Here's the thing about that... I didn't exactly plan to shut off the machine in the middle of its routine.
- Taimi: So if he starts it up, the only way to turn it off is to overload it, and that'll blow it to smithereens.
- Taimi: Omadd's Machine is one of a kind—even I don't know what makes it tick.
- Taimi: So...if it's destroyed, we'll never get another shot at Primordus OR Jormag.
- Taimi: Hello? Are you there?
- <Character name>: Just letting this sink in... Rock and a hard place, huh?
- Taimi: Rock and a hard place. What do you want to do?
- <Character name>: Let's hope I can reach him before he has a chance to turn it on. If not... I don't know. I'll make the call then.
- Taimi: Good luck. I'm...sorry. (click)
- If you log out and come back another day, you may lose progression and have to free the four druids again.