- 1329 AE
- Living World Season 3
- A Crack in the Ice
- Bitterfrost Frontier
Click to enlarge
- Ingredient Gathering
- Loot packets of frostbitten suet from creatures you kill.
- Get fresh winterberries from gathering nodes.
- Find a source for cold-resistant eggshells.
- Find a firestone.
- Talk to Hooga Dizdiz and Sun Warming about your quest.
- (Harvest sticks from nearby saplings.)
- Flexible Sticks: x/4
- (Harvest shiny ice.)
- Shiny Ice: x/4
- (Collect chicken feathers to decorate your shrine.)
- Chicken Feathers: x/4
- Build a beautiful shrine to the grawl's goddess, Chokocooka.
- Cement your your friendship with Hooga Dizdiz.
- Collect a firestone.
- Talk to Woomulla, the quaggan conservationist.
- Collect eggs, place them in the incubator, and retrieve shells once they hatch.
In order to complete this story step, you will need to gather four ingredients, which can be gathered in any order, to create a Thaw Elixir.
- Fresh Winterberry (12)
- Go to the Griffon Old Growth area, where there are plenty of resource nodes to gather them.
- Alternatively, gathering them from Icebound Chests will also advance the progress-meter.
- Cold Resistant Eggshell (3)
- Clump of Frostbitten Suet (8)
- Dropped by any creature killed in Bitterfrost Frontier.
- Grawl Firestone*
- Talk to Hooga Dizdiz in Brakbrak Ice Snarl.
- Gather ingredients:
- Once you have all the ingredients, build the shrine near Hooga Dizdiz.
- Report to Hooga Dizdiz, and he will automatically put the Grawl Firestone into your inventory.
- Talk to Hooga Dizdiz in Brakbrak Ice Snarl.
(*) After completing this story with the current character, Hooga Dizdiz will not give you another Grawl Firestone. Instead you must talk to Sun Warming after completing the renown heart to purchase it with karma. This is required if player accidentally consumed/destroyed the Grawl Firestone or if they want to get additional Thaw Elixir. It is recommended that the player be sure to get the Dive Master: Cold Feet achievement and the Snow Leopard Cub for their home instance during the story to avoid having to make another elixir.
|Elixir Recipe||A Crack in the Ice||0|
|Collect all items on the ingredient list for the elixir.Journal: Elixir Recipe Completed||Completed Elixir Recipe||0|
- Simply complete the episode.
- Approaching Woomulla and Eagle Flight
- Eagle Flight: Watch out for Svanir. They come here regularly to abscond with baby griffons—and they take swings at us too.
- Eagle Flight: They're not smart enough to understand that if you kill all the griffons there will be no more eggs.
- <Character name>: Not the sharpest icicles on the roof, are they?
- Eagle Flight: (laugh) No, they are not. And yet, they are a formidable foe. We've been forming alliances against them.
- Eagle Flight: Even with the grawl. It's our only hope out here. there's a grawl community nearby. I've heard they have fire stones.
- <Character name>: I wish you best of luck, and thanks. The Svanir will not overcome us.
- Speaking to Woomulla
- Woomulla: Hoo!
- Eagle Flight: The griffons in this copse are protected. What is your business here?
- <Character name>: Hello. I'm looking for ingredients for an elixir I need. Would you help me determine where I might find them?
- Eagle Flight: What ingredients, may I ask?
- <Character name>: Yes. Winterberries, cold-resistant eggshells, frost-bitten suet, a fire stone, and a hot spring. Have you seen these?
- Woomulla: Hmm. You could help find abandoned griffon eggs. They're under piles of snow. Quaggan would love you forever.
- Woomulla: The griffon mothers are being killed by the Svanir before they can sit upon the eggs and warm them.
- Eagle Flight: We are warming them ourselves.
- <Character name>: You sit on them?
- Eagle Flight: Great glaciers, no. We put them in the incubator.
- Woomulla: It incubates the egg so it can hatch. Snow griffon eggs can survive in the cold for months, just waiting to be warmed up.
- <Character name>: I'll see if I can find any unhatched eggs for you.
- After hatching griffon eggs
- Woomulla: Oh foo. This one is so sweet.
- Woomulla: FoooOOOoooo!
- Speaking to Hooga Dizdiz and Sun Warming
- Hooga Dizdiz: You, you, you. Who you? What you want?
- <Character name>: Hello. I don't mean to trespass. I seek allies against the Svanir.
- Sun Warming: Any enemy of the Svanir is a friend of ours. It's okay, Hooga. We can talk.
- Hooga Dizdiz: Grrr. Talking, talking. Always talking.
- Sun Warming: Those who aren't already corrupted by Jormag must work together if any of us are to survive.
- <Character name>: I'm glad to hear that. I'm looking for ingredients that will help in a fight against an icebrood.
- Sun Warming: What do you seek?
- <Character name>: Cold-resistant eggshells. (probably only if not yet collected the eggshell)
- <Character name>: A fire stone and a the whereabouts of hot springs.
- Sun Warming: A fire stone? The grawl have them, but you'll have to earn their respect or they'll never give you one.
- <Character name>: Can you advise me? How should I go about it?
- Sun Warming: They love their goddess. If you construct a shrine to honor her, I am confident they would reward you.
- Sun Warming: And please be as respectful as possible with them. We need this alliance to last.
- After building the shrine to Chococooka
- Hooga Dizdiz: Oot! Ooot! Chokocooka happy. Shrine good.
- <Character name>: I'm glad Chokocooka likes it.
- Hooga Dizdiz: Ook, is good. Hah! Stone for you!
- (if this was your last ingredient)
- <Character name>: Just what I needed. I don't suppose you know where I could find fresh, hot --very hot-- water, do you?
- Sun Warming: Yes, indeed. There are springs not far from here. You will find very hot water there.
- <Character name>: Thank you! And good luck. Long live Chokocooka!
- Hooga Dizdiz: Ooot ooot!
- The sequence of the objectives can change, depending of what group of NPCs you approach and talk to first.