Magic Find is an attribute that increases a player's chance to receive higher-quality loot from dead foes. Magic Find only affects loot dropped by foes, it does not affect any other source of loot.
- WvW: Outmanned
- Guild bonuses, via influence.
- Equipment, including Item upgrades such as certain Sigils, Runes, gemstones, infusions and jewels.
- Consumables: Magic Find Boosters or certain foods.
 Jewels & gemstones
|Sunstone Nugget|| +1% Magic Find
|Intricate Sunstone Jewel|| +1% Magic Find
|Embellished Intricate Sunstone Jewel|| +1% Magic Find
|Sunstone Lump|| +1% Magic Find
|Gilded Sunstone Jewel|| +1% Magic Find
|Embellished Gilded Sunstone Jewel|| +1% Magic Find
|Opal Shard|| +2% Magic Find
|Ornate Opal Jewel|| +3% Magic Find
|Embellished Ornate Opal Jewel|| +3% Magic Find
|Opal Crystal|| +3% Magic Find
|Brilliant Opal Jewel|| +3% Magic Find
|Embellished Brilliant Opal Jewel|| +3% Magic Find
|Opal Orb|| +3% Magic Find
|Exquisite Opal Jewel|| +4% Magic Find
- Copper Doubloon: +1% Magic Find, Level required 0
- Silver Doubloon: +2% Magic Find, Level required 20
- Gold Doubloon: +2% Magic Find, Level required 35
- Platinum Doubloon: +3% Magic Find, Level required 50
Minor runes can be applied to any armor, major runes can only be applied to armor with a minimum level of 39, and superior runes require armor to be at least level 60.
- Rune of Scavenging: Magic find and condition damage. The total of magic find from Superior is 35%, and 15% increased gold from monsters.
- Rune of the Traveler: Magic find and vitality. The total of magic find from Superior is 50%.
- Rune of the Pirate: Magic find and might duration. The total of magic find from Superior is 50%.
- Rune of the Noble: Magic find and power. The total of magic find from Superior is 50%.
These sigils add a small amount of magic find each time you kill a foe and stack up to 25 times. The bonus is removed when downed.
- Minor Sigil of Luck: +0.2%/kill (max +5%), Level required 0
- Major Sigil of Luck: +0.4%/kill (max +10%), Level required 39
- Superior Sigil of Luck: +0.6%/kill (max +15%), Level required 60
- Seal of the Traveler: +2% Magic Find, +8 Power, +8 Precision, Level required 50
- Medallion of the Traveler: +3% Magic Find, +10 Power, +10 Precision, Level required 65
- Crest of the Traveler: +3% Magic Find, +14 Power, +14 Precision, Level required 80
 Guild sources
- +10% Magic Find Banner: Spawns a guild banner that will give +10% magic find to any ally that touches it for 30 minutes. Stacks with other loot buffs.
- WvW Fort +10% Magic Find: For 12 Hrs, any fortification held by your guild in World Vs World will give allies a better chance to discover rare loot.
- +10% Magic Find for 72 hours: For 72 hours guild members have a 10% better chance to find rare loot. Traveling Antique Shows are great!
|Candied Apple||boon and +10 Experience from kills3% magic find while under the effect of a||45 minutes|
|Caramel||boon and +10 Experience from kills3% magic find while under the effect of a||15 minutes|
|Caramel Apple||boon3% magic find while under the effect of a||30 minutes|
|Beetletun Omelette||4% magic find +10 Experience from kills||60 minutes|
|Cinnamon Apple||4% magic find +10 Experience from kills||30 minutes|
|Bowl of Apple Sauce||4% Magic find +10 Experience from kills||30 minutes|
|Onion Ring||4% magic find +10% Experience from kills||15 minutes|
|Meat Pie||4% magic find +10 Experience from kills||30 minutes||5|
|Blueberry Tart||4% Magic find +10 Experience from kills||30 minutes||5|
|Chocolate Banana||boon. +10 Experience from kills7% magic find while under the effects of a||30 minutes||15|
|Strawberries and Biscuts||10% Magic find +10 Experience from kills||30 minutes||15|
|Lemon Bar||10% Magic find +10 Experience from kills||30 minutes||20|
|Strawberry Tart||10% Magic find +10 Experience from kills||30 minutes||20|
|Candy Corn Cake||10% Magic find. +10 Experience from kills||45 minutes||25|
|Clam Cake||10% Magic find. +10 Experience from kills||30 minutes||25|
|Strawberry Ghost||10% Magic find while under the effects of a boon.||45 minutes||25|
|Chocolate Cherry||24% Magic find while under the effect of a boon, 6% boon duration and +10 Experience from kills||30 minutes||30|
|Yam Fritter||18% Magic find. +40 condition damage. +10 Experience from kills||30 minutes||30|
|Cherry Tart||18% Magic find, +40 power, +10 experience from kills||30 minutes||35|
|Cherry Almond Bar||18% Magic find, 10% Gold from monsters +10 experience from kills||30 minutes||40|
|Chocolate Orange||28% Magic find while under the effect of a boon. +10% Boon duration. +10 Experience from kills.||30 minutes||45|
|Piece of Candy Corn Almond Brittle||18% Magic find, 10% Gold from monsters +10 experience from kills||45 minutes||45|
|Chickpea Fritter||22% Magic find, +50 condition damage and +10 Experience from kills||30 minutes||50|
|Orange Coconut Bar||22% Magic find, 20% Gold from monsters||30 minutes||50|
|Ginger Pear Tart||22% Magic find, +50 Power and +10 Experience from kills||30 minutes||50|
|Glazed Pear Tart||22% Magic find, +50 Power and +15% Experience from kills||45 minutes||55|
|Eggplant Fritter||26% Magic find and +60 Condition damage||30 minutes||60|
|Chocolate Raspberry Cream||32% magic find while under the effect of a boon, 14% boon duration||30 minutes||65|
|Peach Tart||26% Magic find and +60 Power||30 minutes||70|
|Raspberry Peach Bar||26% Magic find, 30% Gold from monsters||30 minutes||70|
|Glazed Peach Tart||26% Magic find and +60 Power||45 minutes||75|
|Chocolate Omnomberry Cream||40% Magic find while under the effect of a boon, 20% Boon duration||30 minutes||80|
|Cup of Lotus Fries||30% magic find, +70 Condition Damage and +10 Experience from kills||30 minutes||80|
|Omnomberry Bar||30% Magic find, 40% Gold from monsters and +10 Experience from kills.||30 minutes||80|
|Omnomberry Tart||30% magic find, +70 Power and +10 Experience from kills.||30 minutes||80|
|Spicy Pumpkin Cookie||30% magic find, +70 Condition Damage and 15% Experience from kills||45 minutes||80|
 Maximizing magic find
Ascended back items provide 5% magic find but do not use upgrade components. Superior Sigil of Luck will grant 0.6% magic find for each kill, up to 15% bonus.
|Explorer's, Traveler's, or Wayfarer's armor set or equivalent||18%|
|5 Superior Runes of the Pirate, Noble, or Traveler||50%|
|1 Superior Rune of the Pirate, Noble, or Traveler, different from above||10%|
|Amulet: The Golden Lotus with Magical Infusion||30%|
|Ring: Snaff's Gyre||10%|
|Ring: Yakkington's Ring||10%|
|Accessory: Armbrace of Truth||10%|
|Accessory: Egg of the Crystal Queen||10%|
|Back item: Wayfarer's Spineguard or equivalent, with Exquisite Opal Jewel||7%|
|Main-hand Explorer's weapon or equivalent with Crest of the Traveler||6%|
|Off-hand Explorer's weapon or equivalent with Crest of the Traveler||6%|
|Subtotal from equipment||167%|
|Superior Sigil of Luck||15%||Can swap to different weapon set after fully stacked.|
|Guild Heroes banner||15%|
|Guild Magic Find booster||10%|
|Laureate Magic Find Booster||30%|
|Magic Find Booster||50%|
|Chocolate Omnomberry Cream||40%||While under the effects of a boon.|
|Subtotal from effects||160%|
- "Everytime you kill a monster you roll on a number of tables, inside these tables are different rarity categories. Magic find increases the chances you will get higher categories. For example if there is a 1 in 10 category, and you have 200% magic find you will have 3/10 chances to get that category. This improves not just the rarity of the items you get but can also improve your chances at getting trophies and rare crafting materials like lodestones."
- ^ Isiah Cartwright on Magic Find and Chests, Guild Wars 2 Forum
- ^ Isiah Cartwright on Magic Find and the Mystic Forge, Guild Wars 2 Forum
- ^ Ryan Diederich says hero panel can't display some conditional bonuses, Guild Wars 2 Forum