Each zone comes with its own set of activities and objectives. In addition to the dynamic events populated in its borders, five measures of completion are specifically associated with a zone:
- Hero Challenges often present a puzzle or a Veteran foe to a character, completion of which earns another Hero point.
- Renown Hearts ask characters to complete tasks in their environs.
- Points of Interest mark out special locations to be explored.
- Waypoints provide instant, safe travel to places previously discovered - for a price.
- Vistas provide a graphical showcase of given locations in the environment.
Bringing up the world map will show a breakdown of the character's progress for the current zone. Upon map completion, the character receives a reward of some items and crafting materials, experience, and coin. This milestone is also acknowledged by the Tyrian Explorers Society with a letter of recognition.
Zones by level
Every zone has a recommended difficulty range, expressed as the recommended level player characters should reach before traveling there. The monsters and the recommended level for renown hearts and dynamic events in an area will be between the given levels. The dynamic level adjustment in the game will put characters at the recommended level for an area if their current level exceeds it. Recommended levels are generally expressed in multiples of 5.
- 1 These maps count towards world completion.