From Guild Wars 2 Wiki
Rata Sum (pronounced rata soom) is the capital city of the asura and is in the form of a giant, floating cube. When the Great Destroyer drove them from their homes in the Depths of Tyria 250 years ago, they arrived at the ruins of some previous civilization, setting up geomystical generators for power within these already fortified confines and establishing the area as their new capital. The aesthetic sensibilities of these ruins are reflected in modern asuran architecture.
- Maguuma Jungle
- Connects to
- Metrica Province
- Pink Moa
Originally a hastily erected outpost protected by ruins, Rata Sum is now a geometrical masterpiece and testament to the asura's unstoppable ability to progress.
|Advanced Metamystics Lab||—|
|Applied Development Lab (home instance)|
|Auxiliary Study Rooms||
|College of Dynamics|
|College of Statics||
|College of Synergetics|
|Council Level (instance)|
|Idea Incubation Lab|
|Lower Research Stacks||
|Rata Sum Port Authority|
|Snaff Memorial Lab (instance)|
|The Golem Mines||
 Pet Acquisition
- Pink Moa
- Frick Hall (the bottom level of the primary structure, on the northern wall)
- Red Jellyfish
- Rata Sum Port Authority (end of Dawnside Quay pier)
- Tark Hall (on the south end)
 Concept art
 See also
- Advanced Metamystics Lab is only accessible during Forging Permission and Hazardous Environment.
- Although mechanically counting for the Maguuma Explorer, in lore it is part of the Tarnished Coast.
- 'Rata Sum' is an anagram of 'Mursaat'.
- Two of the possible translations from Latin of "Rata Sum" are "I have calculated" and "I am certain."
- Currently, travel to the Polymock Arenas is not yet available. Through map exploitation, this area could be explored, but now the player will die upon landing. They'll be revived in a Peacemaker jail cell.