- Maybe they want it has opposed to Instanced zones, like dungeons and certain locations in towns. If a map isn't explorable, then I don't think there is any point in it existing anyways(unless it's a removed map or something). I guess you can say every map is a zone, and each zone can be explorable(has monsters, quests, points of interest, waypoints, etc) or be instanced(is a dungeon, storyline map for alking to a special npc or have a event triggered). UkranyPt 10:50, 26 July 2012 (UTC)
renown heart list
I've noticed that there are two different ways that renown heart lists are displayed. there is one after zone completion, and one much latter down the page. I'm arguing that it would be better up near the top of the page. The argument being that I believe most players will be most interested in the renown hearts if they were going to a zone. That being said, I am new to this wiki and new to wikis in general, so I figure i'll leave it up to someone else. Everfeather 18:42, 5 September 2012 (UTC)
- Take a look at Guild Wars 2 Wiki:Location formatting and Guild_Wars_2_Wiki:Projects/Cartography. -- ab.er.rant 10:59, 6 September 2012 (UTC)
Mount Maelstrom is not in Maguuma
I do not know how to fix the table or I would do it myself, but Mount Maelstrom is in the Steamspur Mountains. C The 03:01, 20 September 2012 (UTC)
- Geographically, yes, but mechanically, it contributes to the Maguuma Explorer achievement, thus it is part of the Maguuma Jungle region. —Dr Ishmael 12:47, 1 October 2012 (UTC)
...is missing from the DPL table. I'm pretty sure it was there when I created that table, and I can't figure out why it's missing now. Even the simplest DPL query on
uses = Template:Area infobox doesn't list it. —Dr Ishmael 12:48, 1 October 2012 (UTC)
- Never mind, I just realized the problem. DPL is limited to 500 results, and this limit is applied before any result filtering, e.g. by
includematch, which is just plain stupid. I hate DPL. But at least I think I can fix it. —Dr Ishmael 12:50, 1 October 2012 (UTC)
- Fixed. If we simply had these things categorized in Category:Explorable zones this would've been so much simpler, but nooooooooooo, that's really dumb apparently. —Dr Ishmael 12:57, 1 October 2012 (UTC)
- I am glad that someone boldly implemented the OP's table format for this article. It is much simpler to use and it offers sorting. 188.8.131.52 20:08, 16 November 2013 (UTC)
"Counts towards Heart of Thorns world completion"
So, while pondering whether I should pre-emptively add Path of Fire world completion to the zone table row template, I started wondering: what on earth does "Heart of Thorns world completion" mean, anyway?
Completing all those maps doesn't have any special "world completion" reward, character nameplate star, title or map GUI. Sure, they do have map completion rewards, like every other map does, and those rewards contain a subcomponent for crafting legendary weapons, but the last time I've checked world completion wasn't defined by the ability to make shiny weaponry. Furthermore, those gifts are still purely driven by map completion, as you can complete each zone on a different character, which still gives you all the items without you actually achieving "HoT world completion" anywhere.
- crap it. -Chieftain Alex 21:53, 17 August 2017 (UTC)