Squads are large groups created and led by players with commander privileges. These privileges are unlocked on an account-wide basis by consuming a Commander's Compendium, which is purchased from a commander trainer for 300 and 250 . Active squad leaders can display a commander icon, or tag, on the world map; this is visible to all players in the map and tracks the commander's current location. A tag will also appear above the commander's head.
To join a squad, click on a commander tag on the world map, right-click on a commander's portrait after targeting them, or right-click on their name in chat and select the option to join their squad. You do not need the commander's permission to join.
- To leave a squad, type the chat command: /squadleave or open the party window (press "p") and select "leave" under squad.
- Squad members can send messages via the squad chat channel, or .
- Squads are limited to 50 players.
- Players can be members of a party and a squad at the same time.
 Commander tools
 Squad creation
- To create a squad, open the party UI located on the left hand side of the screen (default: ) and select "create". This turns on your tag. Select "disban" to turn it off.
- The same panel allows you to choose a color: blue, red, yellow or purple. However, you cannot change the color while you are leading a squad, in which case, disband and recreate the squad.
 Useful commands
/squadinfo— Shows names of squad members and the amount of supply they are carrying; non-members are not included.
/supplyinfo— Shows the names of adjacent allies and the amount of supply they are carrying; adjacent range is approximately 180 units.
- map — Creates a context menu for adding special order waypoints visible to squad members (but not others). The three types of waypoints are:
+ on the
- Squad Attack Order
- Squad Defend Order
- Squad Rally Order
- Hovering your cursor over any Commander tags on the map will display "Commander <squad leader's name>".
- The September 2014 Feature Pack made several changes to the commander tool:
- The tag became account bound.
- You can now choose from four colors: red, yellow, purple, and the original blue.
- The price of the Commander's Compendium increased to 300 and 250 , a net increase of 200 .
- The new features applied to existing commanders and those that had spend more than 300 were given rebates of at least 100 .
- The Commander (effect) was removed.
- At launch, the original price of the Commander's Compendium was 100 ; there was no requirement to spend Badges of Honor.