- This article is about the activity. For the achievement category, see Sanctum Sprint (achievements).
On those days that Crab Toss is active in the daily activity rotation, enter into a match by talking to:
- Kouris, the activity NPC in Lion's Arch, located in the southern part of the Grand Piazza
- Edinna Linhoft, the activity NPC onboard the Havoc's Heir (accessible with a Captain's Airship Pass)
Small blue crystals refill 10% of the player's endurance, allowing them to use Light Dash more often. Orange crystal grant 3 seconds of swiftness and vigor. The aspect crystals provide one charge of the augmented aspect skill, which means doubling the height of Leap and the range for Light Dash and Lightning Pull. Using the augmented variants of skills does not affect the cooldown of the standard skill nor does the augmented Light Dash consume endurance.
There are two types of power ups: defensive and offensive. Players will receive Aspect Master or Grounded from defensive power ups and Fake Power-Up, Gale, Lightning Rod, or Blinding Light from offensive power ups. Players in first place will only receive Fake Power-Up and Grounded. Players in the farthest half of the racers can receive Light Travel from defensive upgrades and the stronger versions of Gale, Lightning Rod, or Blinding Light from offensive power ups.
|1||Leap||Use the aspect of wind to leap extremely high.|
|Assisted Leap||Use the aspect of wind to leap extremely high.|
|2||Light Dash||1||Dash forward at the speed of light.|
|Speed of Light||1||Dash forward at the speed of light.|
|3||Lightning Pull||5||Use lightning to pull yourself to the target location.|
|Lightning Pull||Use lightning to pull yourself to the target location.|
|Lightning Tether||1||Use lightning to pull yourself to the target location.|
|4||Aspect Master||Power up all of your movement skills for a short time.|
|5||Fake Power-Up||½||Place a fake power-up that launches competitors and and removes their power-ups.|
|6||Grounded||Learn the next skill you're hit with and gain stability.|
|7||Gale||¾||Slow down your competitors with a mighty gust of wind. Knocks down airborne competitors.|
|Tempest||¾||Slow down your competitors with a mighty gust of wind. Knocks down airborne competitors.|
|8||Lightning Rod||¾||Call down bolts of lightning to stun other racers.|
|Lightning Storm||¾||Call down bolts of lightning to stun other racers.|
|9||Blinding Light||¾||Blind competitors with the sun's brilliant light.|
|Solar Flare||¾||Blind competitors with the sun's brilliant light.|
|0||Light Travel||¼||Teleport to the next checkpoint.|
The reward is obtainable from a Magnificent Chest at the finish line. You may only claim the reward if you have passed through every checkpoint and have not been sent in by the game to play a practice round. The chest contains:
- 1 random piece of equipment of at least Masterwork rarity. Fine rarity under level 14.
- Bag of Coins (12-14 ) and Thimble of Liquid Karma for first place.
- Bag of Coins (5-9 ) and Sip of Liquid Karma for other places.
- During Festival of the Four Winds
- 1st Place
- 2nd-12th Place
- During Cutthroat Politics
- 1st Place
- 2nd-12th Place
- Players must wait for the full timer duration for achievements that count matches played to count, including Daily Activity Participation.
- Latency can make the 2nd half of the course hard to complete, due to requiring several Lightning Pulls which can overshoot frequently. Players can circumvent these problems using skills 1 and 2 in conjunction to cover the gaps intended for skill 3.
- There are several Fireworks Launchers around the finish area and players can view the mountain from the four cardinal directions from a vista at the center. The launchers will not fire once upon activation, but work like a bundle which grants you the Fireworks skills.
- Sanctum Sprint is the spiritual successor to Guild Wars' Rollerbeetle Racing and is also based on the gameplay of the Mario Kart Nintendo video game series.
- Primary article: Sanctum Sprint (achievements)
- Historical achievements
|Pickup Completionist||Bazaar of the Four Winds||9|
|In Sanctum Sprint, use every possible pickup item at least once.||Used 1 Unique Item||3|
|Used 3 Unique Items||3|
|Used 7 Unique Items||3|
|Speedy Sprinter||Bazaar of the Four Winds||5|
|Place among the top three racers in Sanctum Sprint.||Placed||5|
|Sanctum Sprint||Bazaar of the Four Winds||1|
|Find and speak with the Sanctum Sprint activity master in Zephyr Sanctum.||Arrived||1|
|Sanctum Sprinter||Bazaar of the Four Winds||10|
|Place first in Sanctum Sprint.||Placed First||10|
|Frequent Sprinter||Bazaar of the Four Winds||0|
| Run 15 races of Sanctum Sprint.Just one more lap...
||15 Races Run||0|
|Crowd Favorite||Bazaar of the Four Winds||10|
|Complete Sanctum Sprint multiple times.||Completed 1 Race||1|
|Completed 5 Races||2|
|Completed 15 Race||2|
|Completed 25 Race||5|
|Crystal Obsessed||Bazaar of the Four Winds||21|
|In Sanctum Sprint, collect as many crystals as possible.||Collected 1 Crystal||1|
|Collected 50 Crystals||5|
|Collected 150 Crystals||5|
|Collected 250 Crystals||5|
|Collected 500 Crystals||5|