The Bitterfrost Frontier is a zone in the Shiverpeak Mountains. A frozen and desolate area, this is the front line against the icebrood of Jormag. They are held back by the combined forces of kodan and quaggans of the Sorrow's Eclipse Sanctuary, with occasional support from a local grawl tribe. These kodan have been blessed with the spirit of fire, and will teach visitors about Koda's Flame, its legacy and how to wield it as a weapon.
- Complete the A Crack in the Ice story step Journey to Bitterfrost Frontier from Living World Season 3.
- Using a Bitterfrost Frontier Portal Scroll.
- Using a Bitterfrost Vantage Point gizmo.
- Use a Teleport to Friend while having unlocked the area on the account.
- Unbound Magic is found throughout the map and is dropped by various enemies and events.
- Fresh Winterberry can be gathered from Winterberry Bush nodes throughout the map and as event rewards.
|Black Ice Pass||80||
|Brakbrak Ice Snarl||80|
|Dragon's Teeth Hot Springs||80|
|Griffon Old Growth||80|
|Sorrow's Eclipse Sanctuary||80||
|The Bitter Cold||80|
|The Svanir Hive||80|
- Defend the kodan brazier from Jormag's minions (80)
- Failure: Light the kodan brazier (80)
- Defeat Jormag's Champion (80)
- Other events
- Defeat the champion Svanir tyrant (80) [Group Event]
- Kill the Svanir, and free the quaggans (80)
- Defend the griffon chicks from the Sons of Svanir (80)
- Trounce the veteran corrupted wolf and its pack (80)
- Clear the streams of corruption so the quaggans can enjoy bathing (80)
- Failure: Destroy all the icebrood around the hot springs (80)
- Protect the statue from destruction (80)
- Failure: Gather stones to bolster the statue of Chokocooka (80)
- Resource nodes
- Mithril Ore/Rich Mithril Vein
- Orichalcum Ore
- Ancient Sapling
- Cypress Sapling
- Fresh Winterberry
- Verdant Herbs
- Winter Root Vegetables
- Recipe: Winterberry Pie from Farmer Simooba at Dragon's Teeth Hot Springs
- Recipe: Steak with Winterberry Sauce from Farmer Simooba at Dragon's Teeth Hot Springs
- Recipe: Winterberry Seaweed Salad from Farmer Simooba at Dragon's Teeth Hot Springs
- Recipe: Winterberry Sorbet from Farmer Simooba at Dragon's Teeth Hot Springs
- Recipe: Gossamer Stuffing from Slooshoo at Sorrow's Eclipse Sanctuary
- Recipe: Dragon Hatchling Doll Frame from Slooshoo at Sorrow's Eclipse Sanctuary
- Recipe: Dragon Hatchling Doll Hide from Slooshoo at Sorrow's Eclipse Sanctuary
- Recipe: Dragon Hatchling Doll Eyes from Slooshoo at Sorrow's Eclipse Sanctuary
- Recipe: Dragon Hatchling Doll Adornments from Slooshoo at Sorrow's Eclipse Sanctuary
- Despite this being a Shiverpeaks zone, experience earned here will go towards Heart of Maguuma masteries.
- The zone's renown hearts have their progress reset daily.
- Several collections have components from this zone (via Slooshoo), and most of these items can be bought and sold on the Trading Post.
- The Gift of Aurene collection involves crafting a Dragon Hatchling Doll from 5 crafted parts, and offers a Mini Aurene as a reward. Each part can only be crafted once per day per account, on the standard daily reset. The parts are tradable, but the complete doll is account-bound.
- The Koda's Blessing collection involves creating 19 Offerings to Koda, and offers the Koda's Warmth Enrichment (with a fiery visual aura) as a reward. Both the Offering Basket and complete Offering to Koda items are tradable.
- Chests in the Bitter Cold give roughly double the loot of other Icebound Chests, and are lootable once per day, per character.