A guild hall is a private region for your guild that you can build up and decorate over time. The proprietors in your guild hall are the primary source of upgrades for you to improve your guild.
— Guild interface
- 1 Guild Initiative Headquarters
- 2 Claiming a Guild Hall
- 3 Guild Upgrades
- 4 Features
- 5 NPCs
- 6 Gallery
- 7 Notes
- 8 External links
Guild Initiative Headquarters
— Dougal Keane
The Guild Initiative Headquarters acts as a miniature guild hall and is available for all guilds. It is an instanced area accessed by entering the portal next to the Guild Buff Waypoint in the Postern Ward area of Lion's Arch.
Accessing the Headquarters for the first time will grant your guild its first Guild Upgrade Prerequisite.
|Guild Initiative Registration||Access the Guild Initiative's central office in Lion's Arch.||Access to more Guild Upgrades.|
Upgrade Prerequisites do not give new services but instead unlock access to better upgrades. The most common prerequisite upgrades are Building renovations.
Inside the Headquarters you will find the following services:
- Hannah the Younger (Guild Registrar)
- Guild Officer (Guild Commendation Trader)
- Grímur Oddursson (Guild Initiative Notary)
- Kogga (Guild Hall Explorer)
- Sarah McKenzy (Guild Hall Explorer)
By speaking to Grímur Oddursson you can purchase the first Guild Upgrades in exchange for Favor and Gold.
|General Merchant||25||20||Adds a merchant with harvesting and salvage tools to the guild's private locations.||10GXP|
|Repair Anvil||25||30||Adds a repair anvil to the Guild Initiative Headquarters and the guild's hall, if they have one.||10GXP|
|Guild Vault: Stash||1,000||50||Grants access to a 50-slot guild vault and gold storage.||10GXP|
Purchasing upgrades will grant your guild Guild Experience (GXP). For every 100GXP that your guild earns it will gain 1 Guild Level. The higher your Guild Level the more upgrades will be available.
Claiming a Guild HallIn the library of the Headquarters are the Guild Hall Explorers. Each one representing a different Guild Hall. Speaking to them will allow you to view a cinematic of their Guild Hall. If you have the "Claim Guild Hall" permission, and the required Favor and Gold, then you can start an expedition to the Guild Hall. The Heart of Thorns expansion is required to start the expedition and participate in guild hall claiming, but is not required to access the guild hall after it has been claimed.
In the depths of the Maguuma jungle, beneath a city of gold, there lies a hidden cavern. It is a place of ancient and powerful magic. Build unknowable years ago by the Exalted, it has been long abandoned. Yet power still hums within the walls. We don’t know what magic enchants the cavern. Nor do we know its purpose. All we know is that the chamber holds valuable clues to the city’s mysterious past. Choose the Gilded Hollow, seek power in the depths, and forge your future within its walls. Delve into the depths…and find a home.
—Kogga [Guild Explorer]
The Gilded Hollow is a monolithic cavern containing the remnants of an outpost of a lost golden city in the heart of the jungle.
|Kogga [Guild Explorer]||Requirement|
|Travel to the Gilded Hollow entrance tunnel, located beneath the golden city at the center of the Auric Basin. Meet Kogga inside the hollow and clear the Mordrem infestation there to claim this guild hall.|| 100 |
On a high cliff overlooking wild and untamed jungle, there is an ancient fortification. It is a place of beauty and reverence. Scholars don’t know who build the Lost Precipice, nor why it was forsaken. Its walls, once bright with mosaics and strange runes, are crumbling and cold. For now, the wind whispers down crumbing hallways, speaking secrets to those who dare to listen. Choose the Lost Precipice, seek its mysteries, and discover the past while you build your future. Rise to the heights…and find a home.
—Sarah McKenzy [Guild Explorer]
The Lost Precipice is a hidden canyon refuge on the border between the Maguuma Jungle and the wastelands to the north.
|Sarah McKenzy [Guild Explorer]||Requirement|
|Travel to the sunken shrine that marks the hidden entrance to the Lost Precipice, in the northwest part of the Verdant Brink. Meet Sarah McKenzy inside the precipice and clear the Mordrem infestation there to claim this guild hall.|| 100 |
Once you arrive at the Guild Hall you will need to complete an event to clear the map of hostiles. The event plays out the same for each Guild Hall.
- Killing the Mordrem
The expedition begins with five waves of Mordrem Maws that spawn in random locations around the map and must be defeated within a short time limit (3 minutes and 30 seconds). The number of Mordrem Maws that spawn per wave scales based on the number of players in the instance. Spread out in teams of 5-10 players each and assign commanders to cover various areas of the map. When you reach a Mordrem Maw, it will have a shield up protecting it; kill the Mordrem Vinetender to bring down the shield. If players fail to defeat all of a wave's Mordrem Maws within the time limit, the map-wide air toxicity will raise, as indicated by a bar in the upper right corner. If the air toxicity bar fills completely, the expedition fails. However, you can repeat this step as many times as needed.
- Kill the Vinewrath Knights
After you have cleared five waves of Mordrem Maw, a Legendary Mordrem Commander Axe, or multiple legendary mobs of the same name, will spawn. The number and rank that must be defeated depend on the number of players present. The Vinewrath Knights are heavily armored, however their armor can be removed by breaking the breakbar. Otherwise they function similarly to Legendary Axemaster Hareth. Some Vinewrath Knights are not easily fought in melee so you may need the use ranged weapons.
- The Crystal Chamber
After all Vinewrath Knights are defeated, the Vinewrath blocking the crystal 'throne' will wither away and a guild leader with appropriate permissions can interact with the crystal to claim the hall for your guild. Once you've claimed a guild hall, you are sent into the guild hall proper and it is time to begin upgrading.
For completing the expedition you will earn another Guild Upgrade Prerequisite and unlock access to the Guild Hall.
|Guild Hall Obtained||Complete the Event and claim the Guild Hall.||Access to the Guild Hall and more Guild Upgrades.|
You can teleport to your Guild Hall at any time by going to the Guild Interface and selecting "Guild Hall" to the right side by your Guild Level.
- Primary article: Guild upgrade
After claiming your guild hall, many further upgrades are available that add buildings, improvements, and other features. Each upgrade has a different set of requirements that may include items, favor, gold, or Aetherium. These requirements must be met before the upgrade can be activated. Any guild member can look at the list of available upgrades however only a guild member with guild upgrade permissions can actually activate the upgrade.
The first steps on upgrading a guild hall should be done in the following recommended order as the rest of the upgrades are highly dependent on each other. The sequence of upgrades becomes more flexible as you progress. The upgrades listed here are in a recommended order.
Getting started on upgrading your Guild Hall
- Tavern Restoration 1 — The first upgrade you must complete for the Guild Hall is the Tavern Restoration 1.
- Mine Excavation 1 — Completing this allows your guild to start mining Aetherium used to create Guild Upgrades.
- Aetherium Capacity 1 — In order to get the required Aetherium for Workshop Restoration 1 you need to increase the Aetherium cap.
- Workshop Restoration 1 — Unlocks Scribe and the rest of the buildings. In addition to other upgrades for the respective buildings.
From here, the order does not matter. You do need to keep in mind prerequisites of upgrades however.
Guild upgrades will be primarily grouped around the six main buildings, each of which is associated with elements of guild gameplay. Locations vary.
- Guild Arena — an area for guild members to use as a combat sandbox and customize it with obstacles and traps
- Guild Market — associated with finance, mercantilism, and unlocks a new tier of guild weapons and armor for your weaponsmith and armorer
- Guild Mine — allows guilds to gather and store aetherium
- Guild Tavern — associated with socialization and effects
- Guild Workshop — associated with gathering and the guild crafting discipline, Scribe
- War Room — allows guilds to interact with claimed objectives in World versus World with features such as air ship strikes
Guild enhancements add a selectable personal enhancements available at the bartender in the tavern. Heart of Thorns expansion is required to use guild enhancements. Only one can be activated at a time, and each one has a 24 hour duration. Unlocking additional enhancements raises the percentages of each enhancement.
- Guild Enhancement: Critical Crafting — increases the chance of getting a critical success when crafting an item.
- Guild Enhancement: Critical Harvesting — increases the chance of getting a critical success when harvesting a node.
- Guild Enhancement: Experience — will increase the rate of experience gain.
- Guild Enhancement: Karma — will increase the rate of karma gain.
- Guild Enhancement: Magic Find — increases the chance of finding magic items.
- Guild Enhancement: Map Bonus — increases how often you get map bonuses.
- Guild Enhancement: PvP Reward Boost — increases the rate at which PvP Reward Track progress.
- Guild Enhancement: World Experience — increases the rate of WXP gain.
- Guild Portal — allows guild members to travel to guild mission locations.
- Decorations — players can choose where various decorations are positioned within the guild hall.
With the exception of the guild hall explorer, all guild halls share the same NPCs, although they appear at different locations.
Guild Initiative service NPCs may appear and disappear depending on the current level of the guild that you are representing. The options offered will vary depending on your Guild permissions and whether your account has the Heart of Thorns expansion.
- Akeetha Stonesunder (Mining Boost)
- Anvil (Repairs)
- Brine Clutchall (Market Proprietor)
- Cullen (Master scribe)
- Davis the Survivor (War Materials)
- Douglas Bird (Basic Decorations)
- Esa the Frugal (Treasury)
- Fion (Guild Decoration Trader)
- Gamli Aðalsteinnson (Tavern Proprietor)
- Guild Initiative Representative (Guild Armorer)
- Guild Initiative Representative (Guild Bank)
- Guild Initiative Representative (Guild Weaponsmith)
- Guild Initiative Representative (Merchant)
- Guild Officer (Guild Commendation Trader)
- Kensho Arrowsoul (Workshop Proprietor)
- Kogga (Guild hall explorer) - only Gilded Hollow
- Kresh Defttalon (Guild Miniatures)
- Pall Gilmore (Guild Initiative Notary)
- Sarah McKenzy (Guild hall explorer) - only Lost Precipice
- Nathan the Bartender (Guild Enhancements)
- Rekka (Mine Proprietor)
- Ronald Lefluer (Favor Broker)
- Sigurlina Jonsdottir (Guild Trader)
- Shakku (Resonance Broker)
- Sophia Carriker (War Room Proprietor)
- Arena Obstacles Coordinator
- Castor Shoutsman (Arena Proprietor)
- Blue Team Coordinator
- Free-for-all Coordinator
- Green Team Coordinator
- Invulnerability Coordinator
- Red Team Coordinator
- Historical Services
Certain objects only appear after the corresponding guild hall upgrade has been completed.
- Aetheric Assembly Device
- Guild Berry Synthesizer
- Guild Herb Synthesizer
- Guild Lumber Synthesizer
- Guild Ore Synthesizer
- Guild Vegetable Synthesizer
- Guild Cloth Synthesizer
- Guild Leather Synthesizer
- Scribing Station
- Guilds without a guild hall can use the Guild Initiative Headquarters in Lion's Arch to gain some of the bonuses before unlocking the hall itself.
- Players do not need Heart of Thorns to enter the guild hall - provided it has been claimed by their guild.
- You can enter a guild hall of a guild that you have joined even if you are not representing through the Guild Panel UI. You are required to represent if you want to access any guild services available.
- To enter another guild's hall, you must walk up to the entrance portal of the respective area while being grouped with one of the other guild's members already inside their guild hall. However, you will not be able to access any guild services.
- Upon claiming a new guild hall, your current upgrades are transferred to the new guild hall and the old guild hall becomes inaccessible.
- You can invite non-guild members to help claim a guild hall. As long as they are in a party with someone of the guild, they can join the same instance. To do this they must walk through the portal, meaning you can only enter with players who have access to that area. This includes not only having HoT, but also any masteries required to access the entrance.
- The Maximum Guild Hall Level is Level 69 with a Guild XP of 6,985 out of 7,000 Experience.
- It is possible to arrange a sale of account bound items that are used for guild hall vendors or upgrades. A seller who (temporarily) joins the guild can transfer the account bound items to the guild NPCs.
- Welcome to Guild Halls
- Rethinking Guilds
- Building Your Guild Hall
- Guild Halls: Taken From the Enemy
- Introducing PvP Guild Teams
- Guild Objective Claiming in World vs. World
- Guild Halls: From Pen to Production to Placement
- Guild Halls: Missions for All
- Welcome to Guild Halls on YouTube