A character's home instance will change based on their progress and actions in their personal story. For example, character actions could determine the presence or absence of non-player characters, special merchants or even buildings.
Players can invite others to visit their home instance. If a character visits a home instance in a city other than their home city (for example, a charr visiting Salma District), they will see a basic version of the district without any story-related changes.
|Race||Location name||Description||Nearest waypoint|
|Asura||Applied Development Lab||A laboratory in Rata Sum||Magicat Court Waypoint —|
|Charr||Hero's Canton||The barracks in the Black Citadel.||Hero's Waypoint —|
|Human||Salma District||Residential district in the north part of Divinity's Reach.||Salma Waypoint —|
|Norn||Hunter's Hearth||On the upper levels of the Great Lodge of Hoelbrak.||Great Lodge Waypoint —|
|Sylvari||Dreamer's Terrace||A garden that is part of the Pale Tree.||Ronan's Waypoint —|
 Resource nodes
Resource nodes can be added to available home instances for all characters on the account. Each node can only be gathered once per day per account.
- Completion of the relevant meta-achievement
- Quartz Crystal Formation — via the Gift of Quartz, awarded by completing the Bazaar Ambassador meta achievement during the Bazaar of the Four Winds.
- Raw Candy Corn — via the Gift of Candy Corn, awarded by completing the You, Back in the Box meta achievement during Blood and Madness.
- Sprocket Generator — via the Gift of Sprockets, awarded by completing the meta achievement during The Origins of Madness.
- The consumables required to unlock these three nodes could also be obtained by offering 400 to the Festival Rewards Vendor during Festival of the Four Winds.
- Gem Store
- Copper Ore (node), Silver Ore (node), Gold Ore (node) — purchase the Basic Ore Node Pack from the Gem Store
- Aspen Sapling, Gummo Sapling, Tukawa Sapling — purchase the Basic Lumber Node Pack from the Gem Store
 Place of power
A place of power can also be added to your home instance by obtaining the Krait Obelisk Shard, which can be double-clicked to create the Krait Obelisk Shard. The consumable could be obtained by either
- Completing the meta achievement during Tower of Nightmares or
- Offering 400 to the Festival Rewards Vendor during Festival of the Four Winds.