A character's home instance will change based on their progress and actions in their personal story. For example, character actions could determine the presence or absence of non-player characters, special merchants or even buildings.
Players can invite others to visit their home instance. If a character visits a home instance in a city other than their home city (for example, a charr visiting Salma District), they will see a basic version of the district without any story-related changes.
|Race||Location name||Description||Nearest waypoint|
|Asura||Applied Development Lab||A laboratory in Rata Sum||Magicat Court Waypoint —|
|Charr||Hero's Canton||The barracks in the Black Citadel.||Hero's Waypoint —|
|Human||Salma District||Residential district in the north part of Divinity's Reach.||Salma Waypoint —|
|Norn||Hunter's Hearth||On the upper levels of the Great Lodge of Hoelbrak.||Great Lodge Waypoint —|
|Sylvari||Dreamer's Terrace||A garden that is part of the Pale Tree.||Ronan's Waypoint —|
 Resource nodes
Resource nodes can be added to available home instances for all characters on the account. Each node can only be gathered once per day per account.
 Nodes purchased from the Gem Store
Six nodes can be added to your home instance by purchasing the relevant upgrade from the Gem Store
- Basic Ore Node Pack: unlocks Copper Ore (node), Silver Ore (node), Gold Ore (node)
- Basic Lumber Node Pack: unlocks Aspen Sapling, Gummo Sapling, Tukawa Sapling
 Nodes acquired within the game
- Three nodes can be added by purchasing the relevant consumable from a Laurel Merchant for 25 and 15
The three consumables above could also be obtained for completing various objectives during the Living Story:
- The Gift of Quartz was a reward for completing the Bazaar Ambassador meta achievement during the Bazaar of the Four Winds.
- The Gift of Candy Corn could be obtained by completing the You, Back in the Box meta achievement during Blood and Madness.
- The Gift of Sprockets was originally available by completing the meta achievement during The Origins of Madness.
- In addition, each gift could be purchased during the Festival of the Four Winds by giving 400 Festival Tokens to the Festival Rewards Vendor..
 Place of power
This consumable was also available during parts of the Living Story:
- Originally by completing the meta achievement for Tower of Nightmares or
- Giving 400 to the Festival Rewards Vendor during the Festival of the Four Winds.