A character's home instance will change based on their progress and actions in their personal storyline. For example, character actions could determine the presence or absence of non-player characters, special merchants or even buildings.
Players can invite others to visit their home instance. If a character visits a home instance in a city other than their home city (for example, a charr visiting Salma District), they will see a basic version of the district without any story-related changes.
- Asura – the Applied Development Lab, a laboratory near Rata Sum.
- Charr – the Hero's Canton, the barracks in the Black Citadel.
- Human – the Salma District of Divinity's Reach.
- Norn – Hunter's Hearth, within the upper levels of the Great Lodge of Hoelbrak.
- Sylvari – Dreamer's Terrace, a special garden that is part of the Pale Tree.
 Resource nodes
Resource nodes can be added to available home instances for all characters on the account. Each node can only be gathered once per day per account.
- Quartz Crystal Formation (Bazaar of the Four Winds) - Complete the Bazaar Ambassador meta achievement to receive a Gift of Quartz.
- Raw Candy Corn (Blood and Madness) - Complete the You, Back in the Box meta achievement to receive a Gift of Candy Corn.
- Krait Obelisk Shard (Tower of Nightmares) - Complete the Tower of Nightmares (achievements) meta achievement to receive a Krait Obelisk Shard (item).