A character's home instance will change based on their progress and actions in their personal story. For example, character actions could determine the presence or absence of non-player characters, special merchants or even buildings.
Players can invite others to visit their home instance. If a character visits a home instance in a city other than their home city (for example, a charr visiting Salma District), they will see a basic version of the district without any story-related changes.
- Asura – the Applied Development Lab, a laboratory near Rata Sum. Magicat Court Waypoint: [&BLQEAAA=]
- Charr – the Hero's Canton, the barracks in the Black Citadel. Hero's Waypoint: [&BKsDAAA=]
- Human – the Salma District of Divinity's Reach. Salma Waypoint: [&BC4DAAA=]
- Norn – Hunter's Hearth, within the upper levels of the Great Lodge of Hoelbrak. Great Lodge Waypoint: [&BNUDAAA=]
- Sylvari – Dreamer's Terrace, a special garden that is part of the Pale Tree. Ronan's Waypoint: [&BLwEAAA=]
 Resource nodes
Resource nodes can be added to available home instances for all characters on the account. Each node can only be gathered once per day per account.
- Quartz Crystal Formation (Bazaar of the Four Winds) - Complete the Bazaar Ambassador meta achievement to receive a Gift of Quartz.
- Raw Candy Corn (Blood and Madness) - Complete the You, Back in the Box meta achievement to receive a Gift of Candy Corn.
- Krait Obelisk Shard (Tower of Nightmares) - Complete the Tower of Nightmares (achievements) meta achievement to receive a Krait Obelisk Shard (item).
- Sprocket Generator (The Origins of Madness) - Complete the The Origins of Madness (achievements) meta achievement to receive a Gift of Sprockets.
- Copper Ore (node) - Purchase Basic Ore Node Pack from the Gem Store
- Silver Ore (node) - Purchase Basic Ore Node Pack from the Gem Store
- Gold Ore (node) - Purchase Basic Ore Node Pack from the Gem Store