A character's home instance will change based on their progress and actions in their personal story. For example, character actions could determine the presence or absence of non-player characters, special merchants or even buildings.
Players can invite others to visit their home instance. If a character visits a home instance in a city other than their home city (for example, a charr visiting Salma District), they will see a basic version of the district without any story-related changes.
|Race||Location name||Description||Nearest waypoint|
|Asura||Applied Development Lab||A laboratory in Rata Sum||Magicat Court Waypoint —|
|Charr||Hero's Canton||The barracks in the Black Citadel.||Hero's Waypoint —|
|Human||Salma District||Residential district in the north part of Divinity's Reach.||Salma Waypoint —|
|Norn||Hunter's Hearth||On the upper levels of the Great Lodge of Hoelbrak.||Great Lodge Waypoint —|
|Sylvari||Dreamer's Terrace||A garden that is part of the Pale Tree.||Ronan's Waypoint —|
List of home instance upgrades
Upgrades can be added to home instances for all characters on the account. All unlocked objects for the instance owner will appear and can be gathered by other party members. Each object can only be gathered once per day per account.
Gem Store upgrades
These upgrades can be added by purchasing the relevant upgrade from the Gem Store.
- Basic Ore Node Pack unlocks nodes for Copper Ore, Silver Ore, and Gold Ore.
- Basic Lumber Node Pack unlocks nodes for Green Wood Logs, Soft Wood Logs, and Seasoned Wood Logs.
- Basic Harvesting Node Pack unlocks Herbs, Root Plants, Vegetable Plants.
- Basic Cloth Rack unlocks the Basic Cloth Rack.
Black Lion Chest upgrades
These upgrades can be added from very rare drops from Black Lion Chest.
- Elder Wood Logging Node unlocks a node for Elder Wood Log.
- Ancient Wood Logging Node unlocks a node for Ancient Wood Logs.
- Platinum Mining Node unlocks a node for Platinum Ore.
- Mithril Mining Node unlocks a node for Mithril Ore.
- Orichalcum Mining Node unlocks a node for Orichalcum Ore.
- Omnomberry Harvesting Node unlocks a node for Omnomberries.
- Snow Truffle Harvesting Node unlocks a node for Snow Truffle.
- Lotus Harvesting Node unlocks a node for Lotus Root.
- Orrian Truffle Harvesting Node unlocks a node for Orrian Truffles.
- Ghost Pepper Harvesting Node unlocks a node for Ghost Peppers.
These upgrades can be added by earning the relevant consumable from achievements.
- Gift of Candy Corn unlocks Raw Candy Corn. Earned by completing the You, Back in the Box achievement for Blood and Madness (2013).
- Gift of Quartz unlocks the Quartz Crystal Formation. Earned by completing the Bazaar Ambassador achievement for Bazaar of the Four Winds.
- Gift of Sprockets unlocks the Sprocket Generator. Earned by completing the The Origins of Madness Completionist achievement for The Origins of Madness.
- Gift of Magnanimity unlocks the Wintersday Gift Tree. Earned by completing the For the Children! achievement in Basic Collections.
- Personal Bandit Chest unlocks the Found Bandit Chest. Earned by completing the story achievement for Point of No Return.
- Enchanted Treasure Chest unlocks an enchanted chest that replenishes itself daily. Earned by completing the Treasure Hunter achievement in Rare Collections.
- Krait Obelisk Shard unlocks the Krait Obelisk Shard place of power. Earned by completing the meta achievement for Tower of Nightmares.
- Activities cannot be started within the home instance of another race.
- Certain personal story instances take place in the home instance instead of a separate instance.
- The Home Portal Stone allows players to instantly travel to the home instance and return back to their original location.
- Historical upgrades