- This article is about the activity. For the achievement category, see Crab Toss (achievements). For the skill, see Crab Toss (skill). For the Guild Challenge mission, see Southsun Crab Toss.
Crab Toss is an activity introduced with The Secret of Southsun Living Story content that is loosely based on the guild challenge Southsun Crab Toss. Crab Toss can be played in Southsun Cove. Enter into a match by talking to npc Karlotta who can be found north of the Privateer's Moorage point of interest, near the Sawtooth Bay.
- Every team consists of 8 players, all vs all.
- One match lasts 6 minutes (plus 10 seconds cooldown from a match to another).
- This is how Southsun settlers blow off steam.
- Grab the crab! Earn points by picking it up, holding onto it, and stealing it from other players.
- Hungry karka want in on the action. Avoid them, or better yet, use them to your advantage. Bonus points for manipulating karka into eliminating other players!
- Watch for bundle items that will give access to special abilities.
Players are pitted into a free for all arena. Each player gets skills to help them fight each other for control of a crab while avoid enemy karka. A Succulent Crab is thrown randomly into the arena by the Crab Toss Referee and the objective is to gain and hold the crab for as long as possible. There are four ways to obtain points:
- Crab Steal — Three points are rewarded for stealing the crab.
- Crab Carry — Three points are rewarded every few seconds to whomever is holding the crab.
- Denial — Three points are rewarded for knocking the crab out of an opponent's hands.
- Elimination — Three points are rewarded to the crab carrier every time an opponent is downed.
Karka hatchlings spawn regularly and will chase after the crab carrier. However, their attack can hit nearby opponents as well. Players hit by them will lose health and gain either a cripple or blind debuff which can only be removed by dodge rolling or becoming downed. In addition, the longer a crab is in play, up to three veteran karka will spawn and begin rolling around the arena, instantly downing any player which does not evade them. Downed players will drop any item they carry and be disabled for a few seconds before being automatically revived with full health.
The crab can be knocked or thrown to the ground via player skills and also will fall to the ground if the crab carrier is downed. While on the ground, the crab be killed by rolling karka or by karka hatchlings. If this happens, the large karka despawn, and the referee will throw a new crab into the arena.
At the end of the match, the player with the most points wins. In the event of a tie, only one of the top scorers is declared the winner. A chest spawns in the middle of the arena, rewarding 2 random items and 5 Karka Shells or Passion Flower to the winner, 1 item and 1 Karka Shell to the players who scored any points, and 1 Seashell to all other players.
During the match, bundles are thrown into the arena. Smashing open the crates reveals one object that may be used in the game. Items may be carried in the main hand, replacing skill slots 1 and 2 (some bundles do not have a skill for slot 2), or the off hand, adding a new skill in skill slot 5. A player can carry one main hand and one off-hand item at a time (the crab counts as a main hand item).
|1||Swipe||½||4||Swipe at a competitor, and steal whatever they are carrying.|
|2||Find Rock||½||5||Picks up a rock.|
|3||Dash||2||8||Dash at foes. Hold down to increase the length of the dash.|
|4||Punch||¼||4||Punch a competitor, dazing them and causing them to drop the crab.|
|1||Crab Crack||½||2||Smash a competitor with the crab's hard shell, knocking them down.|
|2||Crab Toss||¾||1||Toss the crab to another player.|
|1||Rock Toss||¼||0||Toss a rock, dazing your target.|
|1||Anchor Fling||½||0||Throw your anchor high in the air. Knocks down your target when it returns to the ground.|
|1||Go Fish||1||2||Cast a line at your target, pulling it toward you.|
|1||Throw Egg||½||0||Throw your egg at the target area, immobilizing any foe within the blast radius.|
|2||Deploy Egg Trap||½||0||Deploy your egg like a trap. Immobilizes targets.|
|1||Plank Smash||¾||6||Leap at a competitor, causing knockdown on impact. Breaks plank.|
|2||Swing Plank||¾||4||Swing a plank at a competitor, causing a blowout on impact. Breaks plank.|
|5||Blow Conch||½||6||Blow the conch, causing competitors to flee in fear.|
|5||Drink Southsun Punch||1||4||Drink a refreshing bottle of Southsun Punch to restore your health and endurance.|
 Daily Activity Rotation
- Top player
 During The Secret of Southsun and Last Stand at Southsun
- Top player
- 2 pieces of equipment (Masterwork quality or higher)
- One of the following:
- Piece of equipment (Masterwork quality or higher)
- Karka Shell
- Joining a match in progress and not winning
| Steal 1,000 crabs.
||3 Crabs Grabbed||1|
|10 Crabs Grabbed||1|
|25 Crabs Grabbed||5|
|50 Crabs Grabbed||5|
|Crab Toss Regular||Crab Toss||5|
| Participate in 12 rounds.
||12 Games Played||5|
|Crab-Carrying Competitor||Crab Toss||34|
| Carry 2,000 crabs.
||3 Crabs Carried||1|
|10 Crabs Carried||1|
|25 Crabs Carried||1|
|50 Crabs Carried||1|
|Crab Toss Champion||Crab Toss||26|
| Win 250 times.
||Won the Southsun Crab Toss 1||1|
|Won the Southsun Crab Toss 10||5|
|Won the Southsun Crab Toss 25||5|
|Won the Southsun Crab Toss 50||5|
|Won the Southsun Crab Toss 100||5|
|Won the Southsun Crab Toss 250||5|
- All the karka attack the Succulent Crab (Or the player carrying it) only, so line your dodges up so they'll strike other players for you.
- You can watch the Crab Toss Referee when the Succulent Crab is either dead or not in the field yet to see where it will go.
- Watch out for the Veteran Karka, they will use a rolling attack to instantly down players. You can use this to your advantage.
- If you're surrounded, you can throw the crab onto the ground in front of you so nobody will steal it. The crab has similar throw mechanics to the keg in Keg Brawl.
- Use the boxes lying around on the ground to help you hold or gain the crab.
- Other players can see the traps made by the Karka eggs.Its possible to place them inside a crate so the players wont notice and the crate is used as bait