Order of Whispers
The Order of Whispers is a secretive ancient Elonian order. They work behind the scenes to safeguard the world against the rise of the Elder Dragons and free and restore the troubled Elona. Its members, often spies, thieves and agents, operate within every Tyrian nation sometimes to the highest levels. Their extensive network is able to gather information from everywhere, even areas blocked to travel, such as Elona which has long since been isolated under Palawa Joko's rule.
The Order of Whispers is one of three multi-racial orders which players join as part of their personal story. They believe there is no way to physically destroy or negotiate with the Elder Dragons so the only way to counter them is to find a way to send them back to sleep.
Like the other orders, it has a base inside each major city, including in the sewers of Lion's Arch.
Formed by the elite bodyguard of Warmarshal Turai of Elona after the fall of Palawa Joko, they were tasked with keeping the undead lord sealed beneath the sands of Elona for eternity; however, it was necessary for them to let him escape so Warmarshal Varesh could be defeated.
Since then, Joko has returned and conquered Elona. Despite this, the Order has spread beyond Elonian borders, quietly expanding its ranks. They were the only group other than the dwarves to have any knowledge of the Elder Dragons prior to their awakening and worked to warn others of the Elder Dragons' awakening though they were ignored.
The Order of Whispers has several ranks in its organization.
- Initiate: new members, often found in camps
- Agents: most prominent rank, the ones who goes out undercover amongst other organizations
- Lightbringers: squad leaders and spy masters often in charge of camps
- Creators: members in charge of crafting gadgets for agents and forging up plans for the Order
- Keepers: members leading dangerous operations
- Slayer: members tasked with taking care of dangerous threats to the Order
- Preceptors: the most prominent members of the organization. At the moment, these are Doern Velazquez, Halvora Snapdagger and Valenze.
- Master of Whispers: the leader of the Order of Whispers. Current leader is Riel Darkwater.
Personal story involvement
Armor and weapons
- Whisper's Secret armor can be purchased from Armor Requisitioner Betje in the Chantry of Secrets.
- Whisper's Secret weapons can be purchased from Weapon Requisitioner Illiam in the Chantry of Secrets.
- Primary locations
- Headquarters - Chantry of Secrets on Stormbluff Isle, Bloodtide Coast
- Black Citadel - Serrated Blade Tavern, Top floor
- Divinity's Reach - Maiden's Whisper, Basement
- Lion's Arch - Lost Grotto
- The Grove - The Hidden Shelter
- Secondary locations
- Snowden Drifts - Snowdrift Haven - small base in the basement of the haven used to monitor the Sons of Svanir of Jormabakke Stead
- Lornar's Pass - Guutra's Secret - steading posing as an inn used to spy on the Durmand Priory's activities in the area
- Fields of Ruin - Stronghold of Ebonhawke - small cave found near the farms used to keep an eye on the events going on at the Summit Peak
- Timberline Falls - Foundation 86 - small hidden camp used to monitor dredge and grawl activity in the surrounding area
- Sparkfly Fen - Forvar - small camp established by a small group of agents posing as treasure hunters
- Mount Maelstrom - Clandest Basecamp - camp used to monitor risen activity in The Mire Sea
- Malchor's Leap - Murmur Isle - camp used to attack surrounding Inquest facilities such as the Omicron Test Facility and the Jinx Isle and also to help the quaggan village of Kahloipoi