PvP Builds are a mechanic used for PvP, replacing the PvE equipment of the character while participating in any structured PvP mode. The PvP build window can be accessed at any time by clicking on the helmet icon in the equipment section of the hero panel, or by using the "PvP Build" keybind.
Level and attributes
- Characters are adjusted to a level 80 character:
Skills and traits
- Characters in PvP use the same armor and weapons from PvE and WvW.
- PvP amulets and upgrade components are not items but instead are selected from a set list of options (not all PvE upgrades are available in PvP).
- There are currently only two types of upgrades, sigils and rune, which are selected in the slots of the build window instead of being applied to equipment.
- Amulets are the replacement for specific armor bonuses. A player can select a single amulet to specify which attribute bonuses to receive.
- Accounts have access to most amulets automatically and additional items can be unlocked.
- Sigils are selected in each of 4 slots in the build panel beside the weapons, with up to two at a time attributed to each weapon set.
- Accounts have access to all sigils automatically. Note that not all sigils in PvE are available, and sigils may function differently than their PvE counterparts.
|Sigil of Absorption||Steal a boon when interrupting an enemy. (Cooldown: 3 seconds)|
|Sigil of Agony||Increased Inflicted Bleeding Duration: 25%|
|Sigil of Battle||Gain 4 stacks of might (5 seconds) when you swap to this weapon while in combat. (Cooldown: 9 seconds)|
|Sigil of Cleansing||Remove 1 condition when you swap to this weapon while in combat. (Cooldown: 9 Seconds)|
|Sigil of Compounding||Deal 1% extra damage per condition on your foe.|
|Sigil of Confusion||Increase Inflicted Confusion Duration: 25%|
|Sigil of Courage||On hit gain might for 10 seconds. (Cooldown: 2 seconds)|
|Sigil of Doom||Your next attack after you swap to this weapon while in combat inflicts poison for 5 seconds. (Cooldown: 9 Seconds)|
|Sigil of Energy||Gain 25% of your endurance when you swap to this weapon while in combat. (Cooldown: 9 seconds)|
|Sigil of Enhancement||Deal .5% extra damage per boon on yourself.|
|Sigil of Escape||Remove movement-impairing effects from yourself when swapping to this weapon while in combat. (Cooldown: 18 seconds)|
|Sigil of Exploitation||Deal 5% extra damage to targets below 50% health.|
|Sigil of Exposure||Your next attack after you swap to this weapon while in combat inflicts 5 stacks of vulnerability for 5 seconds. (Cooldown: 9 seconds)|
|Sigil of Intelligence||Your next three attacks after swapping to this weapon while in combat have a 100% critical chance. (Cooldown: 9 Seconds)|
|Sigil of Misery||Increase Inflicted Torment Duration: 25%.|
|Sigil of Opportunity||Deal 5% extra damage to movement-impaired foes.|
|Sigil of Peril||Increased Inflicted Vulnerability Duration: 25%|
|Sigil of Purging||On hit remove a condition. (Cooldown: 10 seconds)|
|Sigil of Revocation||On hit, remove a boon (Cooldown: 10 seconds)|
|Sigil of Ruthlessness||Gain might when interrupting a foe. (Cooldown: 3 seconds)|
|Sigil of Savagery||+30% Stun Duration, 3% Damage against Stunned Foes.|
|Sigil of Separation||Deal 5% extra damage to targets more than 500 distance away.|
|Sigil of Smoldering||Increase Inflicted Burning Duration: 25%|
|Sigil of Stagnation||Cripple nearby foes when swapping to this weapon while in combat. (Cooldown: 9 seconds)|
|Sigil of Transference||Healing to other allies is increased by 20%|
|Sigil of Venom||Increase Inflicted Poison Duration: 25%|
- Runes are selected in the single slot to the right of the amulet slot in the build panel.
- Only one rune set may be chosen at a time, giving the full six-piece bonus.
- Accounts have access to most runes automatically and the following additional upgrades can be unlocked.
- The following runes can be unlocked for 5 :
- Rune of Altruism (PvP)
- Rune of Evasion (PvP)
- Rune of Exuberance (PvP)
- Rune of Leadership (PvP)
- Rune of Radiance (PvP)
- Rune of Resistance (PvP)
- Rune of Scavenging (PvP)
- Rune of the Aristocracy (PvP)
- Rune of the Berserker (PvP)
- Rune of the Chronomancer (PvP)
- Rune of the Daredevil (PvP)
- Rune of the Dragonhunter (PvP)
- Rune of the Druid (PvP)
- Rune of the Herald (PvP)
- Rune of the Mad King (PvP)
- Rune of the Reaper (PvP)
- Rune of the Revenant (PvP)
- Rune of the Scrapper (PvP)
- Rune of the Sunless (PvP)
- Rune of the Tempest (PvP)
- Rune of the Trapper (PvP)
- Rune of the Traveler (PvP)
- Rune of Thorns (PvP)
- The following runes can be unlocked for 5 :
- In ranked or unranked arena, the PvP build will be locked once the match starts. In custom games, the build can be changed during a match when the player is out of combat.
- PvP Builds were added with the April 15, 2014 game update, replacing the previous system where there was separate PvP equipment that appeared when visiting the Heart of the Mists.
- With the January 26, 2016 update, the following amulets, runes, and sigils were removed from PvP: Celestial Amulet, Soldier Amulet, Settler Amulet, Sentinel Amulet, Rune of Mercy, Rune of Durability, and Sigil of Demon Summoning.
- With the May 17, 2016 update, the Viper's Amulet was made free to unlock. Players who previously purchased the amulet were refunded. Further, the Mercenary's Amulet was removed from the build panel.
- With the July 26, 2016 update, Seeker's Amulet and Diviner's Amulet were added, and Cleric Amulet was removed.
- With the May 16, 2017 update, many sigils were replaced.
- With the December 3, 2019 update, the PvP build panel was merged into the hero panel. The previous panels are documented below:
- With the February 25th, 2020 game update, Sigil of Annulment, Sigil of Agility, Deadshot Amulet, Viper Amulet, Wanderer Amulet, Diviner Amulet, Harrier Amulet, and Seeker Amulet were removed. 4-stat amulets had their stats reduced and some PvP runes were adjusted.
- With the April 28, 2020 game update, Knight Amulet, Cavalier Amulet, and Barbarian Amulet were removed. The Paladin Amulet had its toughness and vitality reduced from 500 to 400.
- With the April 6, 2021 game update, Mender Amulet and Marshal Amulet were removed and Sigil of Transference added.