Kill proof (often abbreviated as KP) is an unofficial term used among players to prove they have killed a raid or Fractals of the Mists boss and are experienced with it. Linking the kill proof in chat is done via pinging the items upon joining a party.
Pinging kill proof is mostly done to avoid inexperienced players, or players that are new to a certain boss. As most experienced groups want to kill the bosses as fast as possible, kill proof requirements are very common in raid parties.
Examples of kill proofs
- Unstable Cosmic Essence was previously acquired from the completion of Shattered Observatory Challenge Mote. It serves as a proof of experience for fractal challenge modes.
- Legendary Insight is the overall raid currency. It serves as the most common kill proof for raids.
- Dhuum's Token is acquired from killing Dhuum. It serves as a proof of experience for the Hall of Chains raid wing.
- Kill proof is not a definite proof of experience or excellence; it only shows that the person defeated a certain boss multiple times. Most of them can also be obtained by paying other players to complete the content awarding the item.
- Certain items are not used as a kill proof because they can easily be "faked", such as the Hateful Sworl, a reward from the Hall of Chains raid. Since it can be pinged from the Achievement window, it's mostly avoided as a kill proof.
- Donating raid decorations should be carefully done as they cannot be retrieved once donated.
- All items that can be linked in the chat can be "faked" by using a chat code generator found online.