- This article is about the NPC. For the object, see Cairn.
Cairn the Indomitable is the first boss in the Bastion of the Penitent.
- Woodland Cascades
- For walkthrough, see: Bastion of the Penitent#Cairn the Indomitable
- Targets the player who is farthest away from itself.
- Shared Agony - A pain so terrible, it chains increasing damage to nearby allies.
- Unseen Burden - Slows target 1% movement speed per stack. Stacks up to 99 times. Petrifies target at 99 stacks.
- Cosmic Aura - Cairn pulses with malevolent cosmic energy.
- Displacement - Cairn opens a rift into the skin of Tyria, displacing targets a fixed distance away.
- Cairn places 3 red circles in close proximity. After a short duration, these circles will teleport players to a random edge of the fighting arena.
- Energy Surge - No skill description found.
- Cairn teleports to 5 different, set locations based on the percentage of its health. Standing between his teleport points - which can be detected by seeing a rift of disturbed air or by a directional arrow at his feet - will cause a moderate amount of damage and a long range Knockback.
- Gravity Wave - A cascading wave of energy that pushes targets back.
- Cairn creates a cascading wave of black energy that expands outward from it over a total of 3 waves. It will cause a long distance Knockback and a large amount of damage.
- Impact - Cairn swings with its right hand, dealing damage in a two-part arc.
- Part of Cairn's auto-attack, it deals a small-to-moderate amount of damage.
- Meteor Swarm - Cairn swings its left hand back, creating an expanding fan of projectiles that drag targets back.
- Orbital Sweep - A sweeping attack that knocks targets back.
- Cairn the Indomitable slams a large blade down in one of the cardinal directions (depending on his HP), then spins counter-clockwise. This attack deals a large amount of damage and causes a large distance Launch.
- Shared Agony - Cairn causes agony so intense that it spreads to the target's nearby allies.
- Cairn initially selects a target at maximum range to place the effect Shared Agony on. From that point on, every twenty seconds the furthest player will receive Shared Agony at a set interval up to a maximum of 3 players being afflicted at one time.
- Spatial Manipulation - An unleashed wave of energy that damages, stuns, and applies Unseen Burden.
- The damage and effects of this attack occur when a player is unable to get in a green circle that meets the required minimum number of people for the circle. The attack will cause Float, a large amount of damage, and add stacks of Unseen Burden.
- Stolen skills
- Primary article: Cairn the Indomitable's Chest
View of the arena for Cairn the Indomitable encounter
Health of encounter relevant enemies
- Cairn The Indomitable has 2597 armor (1374 toughness and 1223 defense).
- Cairn has a 200 range diameter hitbox, which is considered large.
- "Cairn The (noun/adjective)" was already a common naming scheme for Jade Construct Bosses in the original Guild Wars probably in reference to Scottish cairns and the Jade's rocky appearance.
- Cairn the Indomitable’s Orbital Sweep was shown as a large, blue stick in early testing. Testers called it the 'pool noodle' attack.