From Guild Wars 2 Wiki
Samarog is the third boss in Bastion of the Penitent. This entity is a former prisoner of the Bastion.
- For walkthrough, see: Bastion of the Penitent#Samarog
- The Warden
- Spear of Aggression
- Spear of Revulsion
- Effigy Pulse - "Samarog's spears pulse damage in an area around them because they're pure evil."
- Fanatical Resilience - 100% damage reduction while a player is pinned.
- Fixate: Samarog - Every 10% of its HP, Samarog fixates onto a player the farthest from him.
- Claw - Samarog claws at the target, attempting to rend flesh from bone.
- An auto-attack, swiping in front for a moderate amount of damage with each from claw.
- Bludgeon - Samarog slams both spears down in an arcing overhead smash, damaging and knocking down targets.
- Samarog extends his spears and slams it into a random target dealing a massive amount of damage and Knockdown.
- Brutal Aura - Samarog is so massively intimidating, it hurts. A lot and often.
- A passive damage-dealing effect which comes into effect as soon as Samarog is engaged in combat.
- Brutalize - Blinded by rage, Samarog pins and repeatedly damages a target until the target dies or Samarog is prevented from continuing.
- An attack where Samarog will repeatedly keep the target stunned and deal damage to it until his CC bar is broken.
- Inevitable Betrayal - Samarog turns allies against each other, dealing damage to those who choose not to flee from affected allies in time. You chose poorly.
- Samarog selects 2 players at random. One will receive a large orange circle that fills in (similar to Sabetha's timed bombs) with a small, green circle inside, the other with only a small green circle. They must overlap the green circles before the large circle fills in and in doing so, makes both players with the green circles temporarily invulnerable. Any players caught inside the orange circle when it fills in will take a massive amount of damage (~80% max health).
- Prisoner Sweep - Samarog whips a spear back and forth, launching all targets careless enough to be caught in the arc.
- A wide sweeping attack with a spear from the right side of Samarog that deals knockback on the fore- and back-sweep.
- Shockwave - Samarog's Impaling Stab creates a shockwave that damages and launches targets.
- Soul Swarm - The souls of slain prisoners tear at your flesh.
- Passive pulsing damage that deals 40% of your health when you stand in or beyond the spears that ring the arena.
- Spear Impact - Samarog's spear hits the ground, dealing damage in an area. The spear persists, applying fear or taunt to targets in its range.
- Samarog selects a position to place a spear. Being caught inside the AoE of the spear upon placement will cause a massive amount of damage (~80% max health).
- Stolen skills
- Primary article: Samarog's Chest
- Samarog has 2623 armor (1400 toughness and 1223 defense).
- Samarog has a 405 range diameter hitbox, which is considered large.
- Samarog's name is a reference to Guild Wars 2 Creature Artist Samantha Rogers.
- There is a miniature of this NPC.