In all my travels I've never seen something quite so freakish. It's as if a sloth and a slug had too much wine and awoke the next day with regrets.
Slothasor serves as the first boss of the Salvation Pass raid wing. It is a giant sloth that was affected and mutated by the heavy concentration of magic released by the Elder Dragon Mordremoth's death or the White Mantle's experiments, turning into a sloth-slub hybrid.
- See also: Salvation Pass#Slothasor
- Focuses on characters suffering from Fixated.
- Vulnerable to crowd control while asleep during Narcolepsy.
- Narcolepsy - Slothasor is sleepy. Wake him up!
- Jab - Slothasor jabs foes.
- Halitosis - Slothasor expels a blast of fiery breath, damaging and burning all foes in a cone of flames.
- Casts a frontal flame breath that applies Burning, up to 8 stacks for a full unavoided channel.
- Spore Release - Slothasor shakes spores off its back, damaging foes on impact.
- Tantrum - Slothasor pounds the ground in irritation, causing violent tremors in the caves, dealing damage on impact, and knocking foes down.
- Pounds ground multiple times and drops 3 consecutive AoEs on all foes. Knocks down for 5 seconds and deals damage to foes on hit.
- Volatile Aura - Slothasor pulses a volatile aura that deals damage to all foes within a 2000 range every 3 seconds.
- Volatile Poison - A pool of poison left behind after purging the volatile-poison condition.
- Expanding AoE that is created when the Volatile Poison effect is removed.
- Stolen skills
- Effects applied to players
- Knockdown - Knockdown
- Burning - Deals damage every second; stacks intensity.
- Fear - Involuntary retreat; unable to act; stacks duration.
- Poisoned - Deals damage every second; decreases healing effectiveness by 33%; damage stacks intensity.
- Torment - Deals damage every second. Deals additional damage to foes that aren't moving. Stacks intensity.
- Vulnerability - Damage and condition damage taken are increased; stacks intensity.
- Fixated - All attacks are being focused on you.
- Magic Transformation - You've consumed magic-infused mushrooms and have been transformed into an unnatural creature. Your friends are now foes.
- Nauseated - You feel ill and can't consume any more magic imbued mushrooms.
- Volatile Poison - Slothasor has poisoned you. A dangerous pool will be left behind when this is removed.
- Arena mechanics
- Toxic Cloud - The ground around most of the arena is poisoned (green floor) by the small, purple mushrooms quickly stacking highly damaging poison on anyone standing in it. Poisoned ground can be temporarily cleared by a player who becomes a Slubling from eating an Imbued Mushroom. The poisoned ground will slowly respawn in previously cleared areas as the fight progresses.
- Imbued Mushrooms and Slubling transformation - Players can interact with an imbued mushroom to consume it and transform into a Slubling for up to 45 seconds. Doing so aligns them with the enemy mobs and makes them appear hostile to fellow players. Transforming grants the ability to eat purple mushrooms, clearing an area of poisoned ground. After this effect expires, the player becomes Nauseated and cannot eat another imbued mushroom for 4 minutes.
- Event Rewards
- 2 (doubled with Call of the Mists active)
- Magnetite Shard (12)
- Slothasor's Coffer
- Compendium of Knowledge (with Call of the Mists active)
- The Lost Art of Armor Crafting (drops if the Envoy Armor I: Experimental Armor collection hasn't yet been unlocked)
- Noxious Mushroom Cap (only if the Envoy Armor I: Experimental Armor collection is unlocked and the item is still needed for the collection)
- 1 random piece of equipment of Exotic rarity
- A chance at the following unique drops (more than one can drop at a time):
- Assaulter's Sloth-Hunting Hammer
- Defender's Sloth-Hunting Hammer
- Healer's Sloth-Hunting Hammer
- Malicious Sloth-Hunting Hammer
- Assaulter's Slothasor Effigy
- Defender's Slothasor Effigy
- Healer's Slothasor Effigy
- Malicious Slothasor Effigy
- Chest of Slothasor Gloves
- Assaulter's Woven Band
- Defender's Woven Band
- Healer's Woven Band
- Malicious Woven Band
- Mini Slothasor
- Mini Slubling
- Infinite Slubling Tonic
- Salvation Pass: Slippery Slubling — Ensure that someone in your raid squad is holding the golden slubling so that it may witness the death of Slothasor. (15)
- Salvation Pass: The Big Sleep — Defeat the cave monster and release the magic that corrupted it. (15)
Stats of encounter relevant enemies
- Slothasor has 2597 armor (1374 toughness and 1223 defense).
- Slothasor has a 360 range diameter hitbox, which is considered large.
- This boss was revealed on February 19, 2016 at the Guild Chat livestream on Twitch.
- Slothasor uses a bipedal minotaur rig. 
- Slothasor was internally first known as a Buff Sloth.  One of its first names was also Slothasaurus.
- ^ Scholar Glenna (Stronghold of the Faithful)#Dialogue
- Scholar Glenna: Hard to say if the White Mantle experimented on him or the residual magic released by Mordremoth caused him to mutate.
- ^ a b Guildwars2.com "Jason said that Gorseval—which is now built on a wyvern rig—originally used the same bipedal minotaur rig that Slothasor uses. The same rig has been modified for use with several different creatures, including minotaurs, steam minotaurs, oakhearts, and what was described internally as a “buff sloth.” That buff sloth would eventually be known as Slothasor."
- ^ PvP Leagues and Sloth Attack on Guild Chat: A Summary, Guildwars2.com