- This article is about the raid boss. For the allied NPC, see Desmina.
Your rotten soul is mine!
— Soulless Horror
The Soulless Horror is the first boss of Hall of Chains raid wing. It is the body of Desmina after she severed her spirit from it to avoid being corrupted. Devoid of spirit, the Soulless Horror acts only on anger and instinct.
- Primary article: Hall of Chains#Soulless Horror
- Vessel of the Necromancer
- Fixates on the last player to use Issue Challenge.
- Howling Death added to attack pattern at 66% of boss health.
- Arena Mechanics
- 2 players will receive the Issue Challenge special action key from the Red and Green runes present on the platform before engaging the Soulless Horror.
- Surging Souls spawn off-platform and move across the platform in a random selection of predetermined patterns, defeating players on touch.
- The platform shrinks in size at 90%, 66%, and 33% of Soulless Horror's HP. Standing on the edge as the platform shrinks causes the player to fall below the arena, defeated.
- Tormented Dead will begin spawning at the center of the arena after the first wall past 90% of boss health. Leaves behind Volatile Soul at their location upon death, creating a Soul Rift puddle.
- Spinning Scythes will move along the platform in a straight line inflicting Spinning Slash which deals damage and corrupts all boons.
- Elite Flesh Wurms are present on the platform and inflicts Wurm Spit dealing damage. They respawn in the challenge mote version of the encounter.
- Unlocks upon casting Howling Death. Breaking will interrupt cast.
- Chilling Aura - A passive aura that inflicts damage every 3 seconds.
- Corrupt the Living - The Soulless Horror brings the hammer back over its right shoulder and swings counter-clockwise in a slicing arc about its body inflicting damage, applying torment, and poison.
- Quad Slash - 4 cones in a cross pattern. Always occurs in pairs, with the second executed a few seconds later rotated by 45 degrees inflicting damage. Deals less damage to players affected by Exile's Embrace (the rune).
- Death Bloom - 8 cones in a circular pattern that inflicts damage.
- Fingers of the Dead - These sprout from the small orange circles that appear in the cone of the Slice attack and in a large ring outside the radius of the Corrupt the Living attack.
- Howling Death - Inflicts Unbridled Fear if Soulless Horror's defiance bar is not broken within the cast time of 6.75 seconds, causing the squad to flee in terror and defeating the squad.
- Slice - The Soulless Horror charges up an overhead hammer smash in the direction of the fixated player, and brings it down in a frontal cone of green flame. As it charges up, small orange circles will appear within that cone, which will sprout Fingers of the Dead once the green flame reaches them.
- Vortex Slash - The Soulless Horror casts an expanding circle that deals damage once it is full; this is quickly followed by a ring outside of that circle that immediately damages anyone in it.
- Soul Rift - Unleashes a pulsing field of heavy damage that corrupts all boons and inflicts a myriad of conditions. Created by the death of a Volatile Soul from Tormented Deads.
- Stolen skills
- Primary article: Desmina's Chest
Health of encounter relevant enemies
- Soulless Horror has 2597 armor (1374 toughness and 1223 defense).
- Soulless Horror has a 160 range diameter hitbox, which is considered medium.
- Hall of Chains: Exile Executioner — Defeat the Soulless Horror in Challenge Mode. (15)
- Hall of Chains: Necro Dancer — Defeat the Soulless Horror without being hit by Vortex Slash or Hurricane Slash. (10 )
- Hall of Chains: Souled Out — Defeat the Soulless Horror. (10 )
- Associated items