Gorseval the Multifarious
Gorseval the Multifarious
We fight together! And we will have our revenge!
— Gorseval the Multifarious
After establishing a foothold in the Forsaken Thicket in their exile from Kryta, the White Mantle ordered their bandit allies to capture people, and those who were deemed magically potent were sacrificed atop the Maguuma Bloodstone for dark rituals over two centuries. The bandits of Spirit Vale left the bodies of the unworthy prisoners to rot in the Spirit Woods. The Elder Dragon Mordremoth's demise caused a magical shockwave in 1328 AE, however, which hit the Forsaken Thicket and released some of the spirits trapped in the Maguuma Bloodstone.
The freed ghosts, having forgotten their cause of death at first, alternated between being confused and scared to becoming angry and bloodthirsty when memories of their suffering periodically returned. The bandits quickly learned not to leave more bodies in shallow graves or piles within the woods as the restless spirits increased in number and attacked anyone they came across. When threatened, the ghosts learned to merge together into a single, monstrous entity which the bandits eventually named Gorseval. Some bandits even thought of entertaining themselves by leaving helpless prisoners in the woods and watch them be devoured by Gorseval.
Later in 1328 AE, a squad of raiders assisting the Pact ventured into the Spirit Vale in search of a missing squad which the bandits had captured earlier. The raiders encountered Gorseval in the woods and heard it voicing its desire for both revenge and merging the souls of more beings into its mass to grow in power. Gorseval was ultimately defeated after a fierce clash, and the raiders conjectured that the spirits forming Gorseval might have been slaughtered and bound by the bandit leader Sabetha the Saboteur. This conjecture was proven untrue later when the Pact discovered more evidence of the bandit and White Mantle activities in the region, however. Scholar Glenna, the raiders' associate, recorded Gorseval's true origins in her field journal for posterity.
- Primary article: Spirit Vale#Gorseval the Multifarious
- Many Become One
- Spectral Darkness - Gorseval summons spectral orbs which slowly create an expanding AoE. Players who enter this field are afflicted with 10 stacks of the Spectral Darkness debuff. Destruction of a Spectral Darkness orb leaves behind two small golden energy orbs which persist for a short time. Each golden orb removes 5 stacks of the Spectral Darkness debuff from an affected player when they walk over them and is consumed.
- If not destroyed, Spectral Darkness orbs can grow to cover about a quarter of the arena before naturally timing out.
- Updrafts and Spirit Barrier - During Gorseval's World Eater attack, players have the choice to either phase Gorseval (bring him to either 66%, 33%, or 0% health) in order to interrupt the attack; or must destroy the Spirit Barrier (wall) so they can ride an updraft to avoid the attack and return to the arena.
- The fight begins with four updrafts. Once an updraft is used, it disappears. Each updraft is marked on the minimap with an updraft icon
- Disappearance of updrafts is activated by player proximity, with each disappearing 15 seconds after a player moves close to it (very edge of the platform).
- Note that if Gorseval has walked away from the center of the arena then upon being phased he must walk back to the center before World Eater will cancel.
- Spirited Fusion - Gains 10% damage for every ghost devoured by bloom.
- Note that Bloom was the previous name for World Eater
- Vivid Echo - Reflects incoming damage. Can't be removed.
- Protective Shadow - The souls have channeled their strength, rending Gorseval invulnerable.
- Spectral Darkness - Outgoing damage reduced. Incoming damage increased. Reduced health every second. Cured by collecting energy orbs.
- Ghastly Prison - You have been captured by the spirits of Gorseval.
- Wicked Swipe - Gorseval swipes at the player.
- Spectral Impact - Gorseval slams its fist into the ground damaging and inflicting knock back on nearby players and applying 3 stacks of torment.
- Haunting Aura - A passive damage dealing effect which comes into effect as soon as Gorseval is engaged into combat.
- Ghastly Rampage - Gorseval gains Vivid Echo and slams the ground repeatedly, creating patterns of black, ghastly material on the floor. After 3 seconds, the black material detonates and damages players while applying 25 stacks of Vulnerability to them. Breaking Gorseval's breakbar interrupts this skill.
- World Eater - Slow casting Area of Effect (AoE) which fills the arena; once fully cast, it will kill any player still standing in the arena. This skill also consumes any remaining spirits in the arena applying one stack of Spirited Fusion to Gorseval per spirit consumed.
- Ghastly Prison - Encases players in an egg-like prison that can be broken through a combination of other player's attacks and the special action skill Rebel the captured player receives.
- Stolen skills
- Primary article: Gorseval's Chest
- Spirit Vale: Anger Management — Defeat Gorseval without being hit by its rampage attack. (2 )
- Spirit Vale: Denied — Deny Gorseval from consuming any spirits during your victorious battle. (3 )
- Spirit Vale: Put to Rest — Defeat Gorseval the Multifarious. (10)
- Spirit Vale: Spectral Anomaly — Avoid the Spectral Darkness, and defeat Gorseval. (1 )
Stats of encounter relevant enemies
|Spectral Prison (egg)||119,520|
|Spectral Darkness (orb)||29,880|
- Gorseval has 2597 armor (1374 toughness and 1223 defense).
- Gorseval has a 250 range diameter hitbox, which is considered large.
- Gorseval has an enrage timer of 7 minutes.
- Gorseval will focus on the player with the highest toughness attribute of squad members still alive.
- Associated items
- Mini Gorseval the Multifarious
- Spectral Juju
- Spectral Talisman
- Spectral Ward
- Spirit Branch
- Spirit Ward
- ^ Spirit Vale <Character name>: These spirits are old. These people died a long time ago–well before the war.
- ^ Glenna's Field Journal They were stopped in their tracks by a huge beast made of frightened, vengeful souls whom I'd later find out were shocked free from the Maguuma Bloodstone. Confused and agitated, they sought revenge.
- ^ Journal Entry