Gorseval the Multifarious
We fight together! And we will have our revenge!
— Gorseval the Multifarious
Gorseval the Multifarious is a being formed from the angered spirits trapped within the Spirit Woods. It serves as the second boss in Spirit Vale raid wing.
In the first encounter with the beast, the Pact and the raiders conjectured that the spirits forming Gorseval had been slaughtered and bound by Sabetha the Saboteur. This conjecture was proven untrue, however; as revealed in Glenna's Field Journal, the angered spirits were freed from the Maguuma Bloodstone, which contains sacrificed souls from decades, even centuries. The vengeful and agitated souls freed from the Maguuma Bloodstone united as one giant beast, forming Gorseval the Multifarious.
- Heart of Maguuma
- Primary article: Spirit Vale#Gorseval the Multifarious
- Spectral Darkness - Gorseval summons spectral orbs which slowly create an expanding AoE. Players who enter this field are afflicted with 10 stacks of the Spectral Darkness debuff. Destruction of a Spectral Darkness orb leaves behind two small golden energy orbs which persist for a short time. Each golden orb removes 5 stacks of the Spectral Darkness debuff from an affected player when they walk over them and is consumed.
- If not destroyed, Spectral Darkness orbs can grow to cover about a quarter of the arena before naturally timing out.
- Updrafts and Spirit Barrier - During Gorseval's World Eater attack, players have the choice to either phase Gorseval (bring him to either 66%, 33%, or 0% health) in order to interrupt the attack; or must destroy the Spirit Barrier (wall) so they can ride an updraft to avoid the attack and return to the arena.
- The fight begins with four updrafts. Once an updraft is used, it disappears. Each updraft is marked on the minimap with an updraft icon
- Disappearance of updrafts is activated by player proximity, with each disappearing 15 seconds after a player moves close to it (very edge of the platform).
- Note that if Gorseval has walked away from the center of the arena then upon being phased he must walk back to the center before World Eater will cancel.
- Becomes vulnerable while casting Ghastly Rampage; when broken, gets knocked down for 3 seconds.
- Spirited Fusion - Gains 10% damage for every ghost devoured by bloom.
- Note that Bloom was the previous name for World Eater
- Vivid Echo - Reflects incoming damage. Can't be removed.
- Protective Shadow - The souls have channeled their strength, rending Gorseval invulnerable.
- Spectral Darkness - Outgoing damage reduced. Incoming damage increased. Reduced health every second. Cured by collecting energy orbs.
- Ghastly Prison - You have been captured by the spirits of Gorseval.
- Wicked Swipe - Gorseval swipes at the player.
- Spectral Impact - Gorseval slams its fist into the ground damaging and inflicting knock back on nearby players and applying 3 stacks of torment.
- Haunting Aura - A passive damage dealing effect which comes into effect as soon as Gorseval is engaged into combat.
- Ghastly Rampage - Gorseval gains Vivid Echo and slams the ground repeatedly, creating patterns of black, ghastly material on the floor. After 3 seconds, the black material detonates and damages players while applying 25 stacks of Vulnerability to them. Breaking Gorseval's breakbar interrupts this skill.
- World Eater - Slow casting Area of Effect (AoE) which fills the arena; once fully cast, it will kill any player still standing in the arena. This skill also consumes any remaining spirits in the arena applying one stack of Spirited Fusion to Gorseval per spirit consumed.
- Ghastly Prison - Encases players in an egg-like prison that can be broken through a combination of other player's attacks and the special action skill Rebel the captured player receives.
- Stolen skills
- Primary article: Gorseval's Chest
Stats of encounter relevant enemies
|| Defiance Bar
| Charged Soul
| Enraged Spirit
| Angered Spirit
| Spectral Darkness
- Gorseval has 2597 armor (1374 toughness and 1223 defense).
- Gorseval has a 250 range diameter hitbox, which is considered large.
- Gorseval has an enrage timer of 7 minutes.
- Gorseval will focus on the player with the highest toughness attribute of squad members still alive.
- Associated items