Explosive Intellect is a short multi-player tutorial instance for the players that have just created their asura character. The tutorial is about stopping a rampage of hostile golems initiated by the Inquest.
Stop the hostile golems.
- Talk to Robb.
- Meet with Peacemaker Gezzi.
- Get to the portal.
- Go through the portal.
- Destroy the Inquest golems.
Defeat the hostile golems coming from the gate.
- Destroy the hostile golems.
Stop the Inquest from reprogramming golems.
- Inquest squads defeated: x/5.
[Group Event] Destroy Prototype X.
- Prototype X
- Prototype X
Click here to edit the reward data
- All professions
Talk to Robb, then head straight towards Peacemaker Gezzi, who informs you that the golems are out of control. She asks you to aid Zojja in shutting down the source of the problem.
Heading through the Asura Gate marked on the map transports you to an encounter with the final boss of this story step, the golem Prototype X.
- Krewe Apprentice
- Krewe Leader
- Krewe Researcher
- Old Man Drekk
- Peacemaker Leff
- Peacemaker Gezzi
- Peacemaker Officer
Opening cinematic after character creation:
- <Character name>: I am asura. I personify genius.
- <Character name>: My ancestors were driven from the heart of the earth, forced to live in this bright, wide world.
- <Character name>: Of course, we've excelled. We exceed expectations in everything we do.
- <Character name>: With golem and gate and arcane crystal, we have asserted our supremacy in this land and made it our own.
- <Character name>: We will not move another inch—not for dragons. Not for anyone.
- If College of Dynamics:
- <Character name>: The Eternal Alchemy is a fluid contrivance, ever evolving, ever fluctuating.
- <Character name>: I believe in the power of transformation. I belong to the College of Dynamics.
- <Character name>: Dynamics krewes thrive on permutation. We're always advancing. Morphing into something new.
- <Character name>: I'm the lever, and my excellent krewe is the fulcrum. Together, we will move the world. We will force reason from chaos.
- If College of Statics:
- <Character name>: By studying the Eternal Alchemy, we learn to see the world as a concrete framework.
- <Character name>: I believe that a steadfast structure requires a firm foundation; I belong to the College of Statics.
- <Character name>: I surround myself with individuals I respect, and who respect me. Collaboration induces excellence.
- <Character name>: The krewes of my college are builders. Planners. Creators.
- If College of Synergetics:
- <Character name>: By studying the Eternal Alchemy, we can see that all things are connected.
- <Character name>: I am a scholar of interconnectivity and relationships. I belong to the College of Synergetics.
- <Character name>: Synergetics krewes delve into the nature of fundamental coherence, that many overlook and few exploit.
- <Character name>: My success positively impacts my krewe, who then greatfully assist me, and I succeed even more brilliantly. Reciprocity!
- <Character name>: I've just been informed that defective golems—not mine, of course—are causing havoc out in the jungle.
- <Character name>: Whatever the imbeciles outside the city have broken, I'll fix...and make my name doing so.
- If College of Dynamics:
- <Character name>: I'll lead the masses through metamorphosis to an improved future.
- If College of Statics:
- <Character name>: In time, I will construct the edifice of a better world. A world devoid of chaos and destruction.
- If College of Synergetics:
- <Character name>: In time, I will map the fabric of connectivity that weaves us all together.
- <Character name>: This is my story.
Various NPCs at the plaza:
- Old Man Drekk: Golems these days! Back in my day, we built 'em to respect their betters.
- Old Man Drekk: Nowadays they run around all willy-nilly, killing folk and breaking stuff. Disgraceful!
- Old Man Drekk: This would never have happened back in my day!
- Old Man Drekk: If I were just ten years younger...I'd show you something, that's for sure.
- Old Man Drekk: Look at this mess! All my equipment has been smashed by those overwound clockwork imbeciles and their mechanical thuggery! Someone must pay!
- Don't worry. As soon as I find out who's behind this, someone will.
- Robb: You there! Get over here and fix this!
- Robb: Check, check, and recheck. That's what I always tell them.
- Robb: The peacemakers will sort this out. Take it to them.
- Robb: This is what comes from sloppy craftsmanship.
- Robb: Impossible! There must be a glitch in the system.
- Peacemaker Gezzi: This is just a test of our emergency preparedness. You all fail.
- Peacemaker Gezzi: Don't panic. This is just a temporary setback.
- Peacemaker Gezzi: Move along. Nothing to see here.
- Peacemaker Leff: Entry to Rata Sum is barred until this disturbance is dealt with.
- Peacemaker Leff: Halt! No one gets through here until the golem threat is eliminated.
It would go a lot quicker if you helped.
- I am helping. I'm staying at my post and guarding the capital. What are you doing, besides annoying me?
- I'm about to make you look sluggish and ineffectual. Enjoy the view.
What's through there?
- How can you be deaf with ears that big? I said, it's our capital city! Rata Sum? Heard of it? Or doesn't the bleeding obvious penetrate that rock you live under?
- It penetrated your head, it can penetrate any rock. Thanks for the abuse.
- All right, take it easy. I'm going.
- Krewe Apprentice: Help! In the name of the Eternal Alchemy, help!
Talking to Robb:
- Robb: There's a catastrophic glitch in the golem control system. In brief, they've all gone completely loopy. Find Peacemaker Gezzi–she'll get to the bottom of this.
Peacemakers? They're no help.
- Sure they are! Well, some of them are...okay, a few are. But Gezzi's one of the good ones.
- All right. I'll see what I can do.
- I'll take care of it.
Talking to Peacemaker Gezzi (cinematic):
- <Character name>: It's pure chaos out here–unacceptable. What's going on?
- Peacemaker Gezzi: Just what it looks like: these golems have gone mad. Zojja suspect someone has tampered with them...and by "someone," she means the Inquest.
- <Character name>: Zojja's rarely wrong. Don't tell her I said "rarely," by the way. If it is the Inquest, she's going to need help. Where can I find her?
- Peacemaker Gezzi: At the malfunctioning gate that's spitting out these deranged golems. She claimed she could feel them on the other side, laughing at us.
- <Character name>: Not for long. I'm going to help Zojja shut down the problem at its source. Thanks for the information!
Talking to Peacemaker Gezzi after the cinematic:
- Peacemaker Gezzi: Zojja's working on the faulty portal. If you really want to help, help her.
- I will. Watch and learn, flatfoot.
Approaching Vikk at the asura gate, before the boss fight begins:
- Vikk: Stay close. There's all sorts of wrong happening over there. You may be needed.
Approaching Vikk at the asura gate, when the boss fight has already started:
- Vikk: Zojja's gone through the portal. Get in there, quickly. She'll need your help!
Talking to Vikk:
- Vikk: If you're looking for Zojja, she's already gone through. Get in there and help her!
Zojja? What's she got to do with this bobbery?
- Are you kidding? Golems are her bailiwick. She studied under Snaff, you know. Between the two of them, they've forgotten more about golemancy than most krewes ever learn.
- Yes, Snaff! Are you deaf, or just addlepated? He was one of the most gifted golemancers who ever lived. And I hear he was a lively dancer, too.
- Oh, THAT Snaff. Now it makes sense. Thanks for the information.
- You don't have to tell me twice... In fact, you don't have to tell me at all. Shut up and move aside!
What gate? Where?
- That gate, there! The one that's spewing out all the omnidirectionally hostile golems!
- Don't get your ears in a knot. I'll see what I can do.
- I'm on my way.
During Defeat the hostile golems coming from the gate event:
- Zojja: I'd bet anything the Inquest are behind this. Villainous chicanery: it's what they do.
- Zojja: If you want to help, keep those golems at bay until I can reverse this gate.
Talking to Zojja during the gate defense event:
- Zojja: I know the Inquest is behind this. I don't have the proof yet, but I'm hoping to find it on the other side of this gate.
How do we get through?
- I'm working on it, naggy pants! They've mucked with the mechanisms so it's only flowing one way. Buy me some time and I'll see if I can reverse it.
- All right. Keep working, and I'll watch your back.
- Standing by. I'll be ready to go whenever you are.
After reversing the gate:
- Zojja: Thaumadirectional polarity:reversed! The gate works both ways again. Mr. Sparkles, to me!
- Zojja: Let's pay a visit to whomever decided to complicate my day so we can ruin theirs!
Conversation inside Golemagical Institute:
- Teyo: Look! Snaff's footnote has joined our little party! And she brought friends!
- Zojja: Teyo? Oh! For a second there, I thought someone dangerous was behind this.
- Teyo: Oh! Spare my tender feelings. It's true, I'm not dangerous. But these golems are!
- Teyo: Here. Let them show you what "dangerous" really means.
- Teyo: Why don't all of you give these folks a proper welcome? I have data to collect.
During the fighting:
- KZ-529: Activation–sequence–initiated. (if Engineer activated golem)
- KZ-529: Error. Activation–sequence–aborted. (if Engineer died before activating golem)
- Teyo: Ha! When will you plebs learn? Don't mess with the Inquest.
When Prototype X arrives:
- Teyo: You think you've won? Here. I've invited another guest to your victory party!
- Zojja: Looks like the guest of honor has arrived! Let's take it down!
During the Prototype X fight:
- Zojja: You're looking a little wobbly, dear. Did that scramble your brainwaves? (at 75%)
- Teyo: Are you still alive? Be a dear and just die already, won't you? (at 50%)
- Zojja: Is that all you've got? I've made sturdier golems in my sleep! (at 25%)
- Zojja: Yeah! Scratch one cubist golem! (at 0%)
- Teyo: Fine. We'll be back. Let's see how you like it when someone kills your masterpiece.
Cinematic after defeating the Prototyp X golem:
- Peacemaker Leff: Hey, it's you again. I see you survived with your epidermis intact.
- <Character name>: Of course. It takes more than a giant, rampaging Inquest golem to get the better of me.
- Peacemaker Leff: Heh, modest too. Well, you've earned a dash of praise, if you ask me.
- Peacemaker Leff: The krewes around the city would kill for the assistance of an inventor with your talents. You should ask around. Make yourself invaluable.
- <Character name>: Not a bad idea. Thanks!