Forge the necessary paperwork to access Gorr's Lab.
- Meet Agent Batanga at Councillor Flax's Lab.
- Acquire a lab assistant's outfit as a disguise.
- Access Councillor Flax's private office.
- Create a distraction.
- Sabotage the console.
- Enter Flax's office and forge the paperwork.
- Present your forged papers to the door guard.
- Inspect the corpse inside the body bag.
Confer with Zojja and the order reps.
- Regroup with Zojja and the order reps in Rata Sum.
- Choose a plan to rescue Gorr from Rakt and the Arcane Eye.
Click here to edit the reward data
- All professions
- Bag of Loot (4)
- One of the following: Strong Iron Mace, Strong Iron Sword, Strong Simple Scepter
- One of the following: Strong Iron Mace, Strong Iron Sword, Strong Iron Axe
- One of the following: Strong Journeymen Longbow, Strong Iron Mace, Strong Iron Rifle
- One of the following: Strong Iron Shield, Strong Iron Rifle, Strong Iron Pistol
- One of the following: Strong Journeymen Longbow, Strong Iron Axe, Strong Iron Sword
- One of the following: Strong Iron Dagger, Strong Simple Short Bow, Strong Iron Sword
- One of the following: Strong Simple Staff, Strong Simple Scepter, Strong Iron Dagger
- One of the following: Strong Simple Staff, Strong Simple Scepter, Strong Iron Pistol
- One of the following: Strong Simple Scepter, Strong Iron Axe, Strong Iron Dagger
Acquire a uniform by talking to the disgruntled apprentice. After gaining the uniform you will have to cause a distraction to lure the lab overseer away from Flax's office. This can be done by first causing each of the two tanks by the creature in the corner to fill up. After sabotaging the tanks, you must proceed to destroy one of the experimental consoles. This will let you sneak by the yelling overseer and grab the forged papers.
After meeting with the agent at Gorr's lab, you must talk to the guard. Once inside, you must simply discover the body in the main room. After the cutscene, simply go meet up with Zojja and the order representatives back in your home lab.
- First Instance
- Second Instance
- Agent Batanga
- Third Instance
At Idea Incubation Lab
Cinematic with Batanga:
- Agent Batanga: Prompt and primed for action. I like that. Your outfit, though...that'll get you noticed immediately.
- <Character name>: You had a plan for that, as I recall. There's no dearth of lab assistants to accost, but they're only doing their jobs.
- <Character name>: Do we really have to render one of them unconscious just to improve my sartorial splendor?
- Agent Batanga: I'll chalk that up to compassion rather than squeamishness...but no, we don't have to. Can you talk your way into a new set of clothes?
- <Character name>: "Camouflaged reconnaissance" is practically my middle name.
Talking to Batanga after the cinematic:
- Agent Batanga: Now would be a good time to ask any questions. Once our business is underway, Batanga's Intrigue 101 class will no longer be in session.
Good. I do have a few questions.
- You ask, I answer. Just keep it simple. We've got work to do.
What's the plan again?
- We trick our way into Flax's offices, swipe what we need to make a convincing forgery, and then use the forgery to get past the Arcane Eye into Gorr's lab.
- I have another question.
- Got it. Let's move.
Why does the Order of Whispers care about Gorr?
- His theory could be the key to defeating the dragons. If we understand what they want, what they eat, we can use that against them.
- I have another question.
- That's all I needed to know.
Why is this important? How big a threat are the Elder Dragons?
- The biggest. Ever notice how recorded history only goes back so far? That's because Tyria had to start over after the last time the dragons rose. They wiped out nearly everything and everyone.
- I have another question.
- That's all I needed to know.
- I'm ready. Let's get to infiltrating.
- I'm ready now. Let's go.
Talking to the Disgruntled Apprentice:
- Disgruntled Apprentice: I'm doing it! Can't you lay off for even a second? How can I get my work done if I'm defending myself from you all the time?
Relax. It's clear you're overworked, so I'm here to relieve you.
- How can you relieve me if you're not even on the staff here? Filka will take one look at you and start kicking until everybody's dead.
Give me your uniform. I may not be as pretty as you, but I can fake it.
- So Filka can trace this back to me? Nothing doing. Here, takes this spare outfit. Put it on, and keep your head down. I'm going to catch a nap in the heat exchangers. It's safer in there.
I offered to start my shift early and cover for you. If you don't want that...
- I do, but I just don't want to...oh, glitch it. Here. Take this spare uniform. I'm going to take an extended break and look for a new job.
- Good luck with that. Leave everything else to me.
You're tired and cranky, and that makes you sloppy. Give me your uniform and clear out before I tell Filka how close you are to fouling up this whole operation.
- Don't do that! Here, take this spare. I'm gone. And if we're lucky, Filka will never notice you're not me. But if she does, it's your problem.
- I can handle it.
- Sorry to bother you.
- I'll come back when you're calmer.
Talking to NPCs once inside the lab:
- Agent Batanga: The Order of Whispers is all about misdirection. A distraction here, a bit of commotion over there, and no one's looking at us. Ready to shake things up?
So we don't have to worry about a fair fight or honorable combat?
- Heh. You're funny. Let me put it this way: if I was engaging a guy in single combat at dawn, I'd hamstring him and glue his sword in the scabbard the night before.
- I think I get it now. Thanks.
- I'm ready.
- Filka: Why are you talking to me? There's work to do. Get back to your post, or I'll knot your ears together and hang you from the ceiling like a decorative lamp.
- Right away, chief.
While creating a distraction:
- Filka: Work, you feebs, or I'll toss you all into a pot and make a huge batch of simp stew.
- Agent Batanga: That's Flax's lab manager. A real pushover, right?
- Filka: You there! Did you forget what my boot feels like on your neck? Because I can remind you!
- Agent Batanga: Yep, a real pushover. We're going to need something flashy to make her leave her post.
- (interact with one storage tank)
- Krewe Researcher: Containment's at max capacity. There must be a leak in the tank.
- (interact with the other storage tank)
- Krewe Researcher: Too late! Containment breach! Oh, dear. Am I in love, or do you feel light-headed, too?
- Filka: Wake up, you lazy slobs! Quit shirk'n and get work'n! Right now!
- Agent Batanga: She's starting to crack. One more thump and she'll shatter.
- (tamper with the experimental console)
- Krewe Researcher: Uh, chief? I think we have a serious problem here.
- Filka: That does it. Step aside, troglodytes! I'll handle this myself.
- Agent Batanga: Filka's on the move. Now's our chance!
Cinematic after forging the paperwork:
- Agent Batanga: Nicely done, Savant. So far, you've displayed a genuine knack for this sort of work.
- <Character name>: Thanks, but this was the easy part. Sneaking past the Arcane Eye will be dangerous.
- Agent Batanga: Not with this most excellent forgery. I'm eager to test our methods against those of the Arcane Eye. Secret society versus secret police: who comes out on top?
- <Character name>: We're about to find out. Meet me at Gorr's lab and let's see if our little ersatz authorization passes muster.
Speaking to Batanga in Flax's office:
- Agent Batanga: See? That's how we do it. Flax's lab is in chaos, Filka's on the verge of a rage-induced seizure, and no one will even notice the materials we stole. Total success.
You're a little too happy about Filka's pain.
- I just don't like bullies—but I do like making them look foolish. Nothing beats toppling someone who likes pushing other people around and not giving them a chance to push back.
- I like your style.
- I have to agree: so far, so good.
At Advanced Metamystics Lab
- Agent Batanga: There's Rakt from the Arcane Eye. We'll need to get by him to get in—and he's good.
Talking to Batanga:
- Agent Batanga: Look at these Arcane Eye goons. I've seen plenty of crime scene investigations, and I'm telling you: this one screams "cover up."
Tell me what you know about the Arcane Eye.
- They're the Arcane Council's secret police. Ruthless, efficient, and backed by the highest possible authority. Generally, they do whatever dirty work is required to keep the council
- They won't stop us.
- Let's get in there and see what they're hiding.
Cinematic with Rakt:
- <Character name>: Stand aside. The Arcane Council sent us to survey this situation. They're waiting on our report.
- Rakt: You're out of your league. The Arcane Eye is handling this for the Council.
- <Character name>: Not anymore. See this? Signed by High Councillor Flax himself.
- Rakt: Glitch. This is just typical. Those bureaucrats distrust everything unless they can micromanage it.
- Rakt: Your presence here is redundant and unnecessary, but you have authorization, so you can go in. Just know that I'll be watching you.
Talking to Rakt after cinematic:
- Rakt: Papers or no papers, I don't want you hanging around. This is an official Arcane Eye investigation. Whatever your business is here, conclude it and get out.
- We'll be gone before you know it.
While searching the lab:
- Agent Batanga: So far, so good. Now to see what they're hiding.
Cinematic after investigating the body:
- <Character name>: Hold everything. This isn't Gorr's body, is it?
- Agent Batanga: It sure isn't. Which means Gorr's oh-so convenient death is merely a ruse. But whose ruse? We need more clues.
- <Character name>: Keep that up and I'll give you a bruise, lose...er.
- Rakt: Stop right there. You idiots have seen enough. You are interfering with an official Arcane Eye investigation.
- Rakt: Move along. Now, before I have to send for more body bags.
- <Character name>: Time to go. But we're on to something. Let's regroup with the other orders. I want to hear what they and Zojja make of this.
- Agent Batanga: My keen sense of smell detects something fishy here. Let's check in with Zojja.
Speaking with NPCs:
- Agent Batanga: I knew Rakt and his thugs were hiding something. Buf if Gorr's body isn't here, where is it? And is it still alive and kicking?
- I don't know, but I aim to find out.
- Rakt: If I see you around here again, I'll make you disappear...and a team of bloodhounds with a map and a karmic resonance tracker won't be able to find your body. Understand?
- Better than you think.
At Applied Development Lab
Upon approaching the order representatives:
- Crusader Slep: So Gorr's "death" was a fraud. How does knowing that help us? The problem is still Elder Dragons.
- Crusader Slep: While you poke around in back alleys or libraries for information, the Vigil is out there fighting.
- Agent Batanga: And while you're fighting, Whispers is setting up the means to deliver a death blow.
- Agent Batanga: We appreciate the distraction you provide, but you don't really think you're going to overpower an Elder Dragon, do you?
- Scholar Krasso: Swords alone won't get results. Neither will intrigue. The Priory supports a more holistic approach.
- Scholar Krasso: We intend to learn all we can about the dragons and their weaknesses before we strike.
Cinematic with the Order Representatives:
- <Character name>: Rakt's Arcane Eye agents were all over Gorr's lab. They removed a body they claimed was Gorr, but it wasn't. I suspect he's still alive.
- Zojja: If he is, the Arcane Eye has him. They run a remote facility in a human village called Garenhoff. It's isolated, remote...a perfect place to stash Gorr.
- Crusader Slep: Finally, a concrete objective. Just say the word and I'll have Vigil soldiers standing by to storm Garenhoff.
- Agent Batanga: No, Rakt is too good at this game for that to work...but I'm better. We can use Garrenhoff's
- Agent Batanga: I say we stage a demonstration and get ourselves arrested. Rakt will haul us in to avoid undue attention. Then we break out and bring Gorr with us.
- Scholar Krasso: Regrettably, I cannot participate. I must confer with my colleagues in the Priory, but I wish you luck. Let's regroup when the mission is complete.
- Zojja: I want you to take it from here, Savant. I'm going with Krasso to help the Priory look into Gorr's theory.
- Zojja: We both need to make inroads with the orders for my long-term plan to be viable. Work with whichever one here you think will get the job done.
- <Character name>: I will. I'm as eager to figure this out as you are. And eventually, you'll need to share some details about this "long-range plan" of yours.
Talking to NPCs before choosing your course of action:
- Zojja: Promulgating Gorr's theory is essential to the orders—and my long-range plans. If we're smart and play this right, we'll be perfectly positioned to confront the Elder Dragons.
- I'm with you.
- Scholar Krasso: I'm glad to have a Snaff Savant among us. Between Batanga and Slep, things were getting a tad...lowbrow.
- Thanks. I'm always happy to raise the tone.
- Crusader Slep: Are you ready to go in and rescue Gorr with overwhelming force? Say the word, and I'll have a Vigil squad ready and waiting at the site.
- I'm in. Let's go kick down some doors.
- I need more time to think.
- Agent Batanga: I'm standing by to stage a fake protest and make the Arcane Eye take us into custody—right beside Gorr, where we want to be. Then we break out and take the good professor with us. Interested?
- You bet I am. Let's get started.
- I need more time to think.
After choosing either plan:
- Crusader Slep: I like what I've seen so far, but do you have what it takes to fight for the Vigil on a full-time basis? I think you can, but you're going to have to prove it.
- If the opportunity arises, I'll be glad to.
- Agent Batanga: I hope you like creating mysteries as much as solving them. In the Order of Whispers, that's a necessary job skill.
- Thanks, but for the time being, I'm a free agent.