Stop Kudu's weather machine before it destroys Rata Sum.
- Warn the Arcane Council in Rata Sum.
- Kill the Inquest.
- Defend Zojja while she disables Kudu's machine.
- Destroy the transtmospheric converter.
Click here to edit the reward data
- All professions
- Galvanic Coat, Duty-Bound Duffers
- Protean Coat, Ragamuffin Toeshoes
- Adept Coat, Homespun Espadrilles
This is a quick and straightforward mission. After the initial dialogue, defeat the Inquest agents that appear. While Zojja disables the weather machine, elementals will spawn and need to be killed. Finally, destroy the weather machine.
- Asura (Inquest)
Cinematic upon entering:
- Councillor Flax: I hereby convene this special session of the Arcane Council. The floor is yours, Kudu. And make it good: we're busy people.
- Kudu: I guarantee you'll be impressed, councillors. My Weather-matic 5000 will change the world...starting with yours.
- Zojja: Stop! Kudu is setting you up. He's going to use that machine to flood Rata Sum permanently.
- Kudu: Ah, Zojja. I trust the council is familiar with Snaff's former menial? And the Snaff Ser-vant—a menial's menial!
- Kudu: So glad you got my invitation, dear. I was afraid something terrible had happened to you. No matter. Plenty of time for that later.
- Kudu: I have to run now, councillors...it's a wee bit failure-heavy in here for my taste. Enjoy the show.
After defeating the Inquest:
- Zojja: I got this. Anything Kudu built, I can shut down. Leave it to me!
- Councillor Flax: Not so fast, Zojja. The council can take care of itself. We need experience, not—
- Zojja: Back off, Flax. I trained with Snaff, just like Kudu. So shut up and let me save us all.
- Zojja: Putrescence! This thing's booby-trapped to summon elementals. Keep them off me while I work!
When the first elementals appear:
- Zojja: Prepare for battle!
Cutscene after destroying the transatmostpheric converter:
- Zojja: So, a deluge in your chambers and a bevy of hostile elementals. Is the council ready to declare Kudu a threat, or do you need more proof?
- Councillor Flax: The council is well aware of the animosity between you and Kudu. For all we know, you came to sabotage his demonstration.
- Councillor Flax: I, for one, didn't see any elementals until after Zojja tampered with Kudu's device. This calls for a full subcommittee investigation.
- <Character name>: Which will take months to reach a conclusion, if it ever does. With respect, Councillor: you're a buffoon. If Zojja and I hadn't—
- Zojja: Let it go, Savant. It's Rata Sum. The council's main duty is to preserve itself. These days, that means knuckling under to the Inquest.
- Zojja: We stopped Kudu and destroyed the machine he stole from you. I'm going to count that as a win...but I'm getting increasingly tired of council politics.
- Zojja: Keep yourself available. I've got a few irons in the fire, and I'll want you with me when they're ready to come out. I'll be in touch.
Speaking with Zojja:
- Zojja: You did good, kid. The council owes you, and I guess I owe you, too.
Does Kudu do this kind of thin often? Threaten Rata Sum?
- Only on special occasions. Like every fifth Tuesday.
- I really hate that guy.
What will the council do now?
- Clean up, pass another prohibition against this kind of thing, and then go on. Standard fare.
- Oh, I'll bet we haven't seen the end of him. One way or another, <Character name>, this isn't over.
- I look forward to it. Next time, he won't get away so easily. I promise you that.
- Thanks. That means a lot to me.
Speaking with the Arcane Council members:
- Councillor Flax: I'm glad to see you. I thought we were done for!
Wow, the Arcane Council chambers. What an honor to be here.
- The honor is ours, <Character name>. Someday, perhaps one of these councillor's seats will be yours.
- We'll see.
Am I right in assuming you're the leader of the council?
- First among equals—in name. In brain, I outclass them all, don't you know.
- Of course you do, sir. Of course you do.
- Everything'll be fine now.
- Councillor Zudo: The weather changer was impressive! Er, I mean, if Kudu hadn't been trying to kill us with it...
Of course it was impressive! It was originally my invention.
- Was it really? I don't know if I should congratulate you or arrest you.
- Either way, I'm flattered by the compliment. Thank you, Councillor.
Attacking the finest minds of Rata Sum? This was a foolish plan.
- Foolish, but audacious. And an unexpected attack can be as effective as a well-planned one.
- Good point, Councillor.
- Councillor Ludo: Really, Savant? You couldn't have stopped Kudu before he flooded the chambers? My outfit is ruined.
What does the Arcane Council do?
- Do? We rule the city! We make laws, and approve patents—and apparently get rained on. Bah.
- Good to know. Oh and...sorry for the mess.
I'm terribly sorry, Councillor. Feel free to send me the steamgolem bill.
- Hmph. Well, at least you have manners. Carry on.
- Thank you, Councillor.
Keep talking, and your face will be ruined.
- What? How dare you! You'll be scraping lab floors by the time I'm done with you!
- Yeah, yeah. Buzz off.
- My apologies, Councillor.
- Phlunt: Rain? Indoors? What the Hadron is going on in here! Why, in my day—
It was Kudu, sir. He attacked the council with a weather machine.
- Who who? You sound like an owl, <Character name>. Stand up straight!
Not who-who. Kudu. Snaff's first apprentice?
- Math? OF course I know math! What kind of things are they teaching you kids these days? Bah!
- Sigh. Have a good day, sir.
- Don't worry, Councillor, it's been handled. All is well.
- Zojja's line "Let it go, Savant. It's Rata Sum." is a nod to the famous closing line "Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown." from the film Chinatown.