Snoop around Kudu's testing ground for a clue about his device.
- Meet Zojja in Mrot Baru.
- Confront Kudu.
- Defeat Kudu.
Click here to edit the reward data
- All professions
- One of the following: Malign Chain Legs, Mighty Chain Legs, Resilient Chain Legs
- One of the following: Malign Seeker Pants, Mighty Seeker Pants, Resilient Seeker Pants
- One of the following: Malign Embroidered Pants, Mighty Embroidered Pants, Resilient Embroidered Pants
Approach Kudu to trigger a cinematic. After some conversation, he disables Mr. Sparkles and triggers a series of weather generators.
Each generator spawns two elementals, and will continue to spawn elementals at regular intervals. Make your way past them (fighting or avoiding, whichever you prefer) and attack Kudu directly. He will be supported by the air elementals near him, as well as any other elementals you aggro on your way to him.
After Kudu has been taken down to roughly 1/4 health, he will flee. At this point, the weather generators become attackable. They will continue spawning elementals until they are destroyed, so focus your attacks on the generators rather than the elementals.
After all four generators are destroyed, a conversation with Zojja plays and the mission ends.
- Weather Matic 5000 (Earth)
- Weather Matic 5000 (Fire)
- Weather Matic 5000 (Ice)
- Weather Matic 5000 (Lightning)
- Zojja: Ready for some action? We found Kudu. Let's go deliver an inspirational beating.
Talking to allies:
- Zojja: Kudu's plans are going to backfire on him this time. I'll make sure of that.
If the inquest is this terrible, why does the Arcane Council let them stay in Rata Sum?
- Let them stay? Ha! The Council couldn't kick them out if it wanted to. The Inquest are jerks-but their inventions are genius.
- Can I ask another question?
- There's something to be said for efficiency. But I don't think I agree.
This is the cost of being the best. Someone steals your stuff and makes a mint off it.
- Tell me something I don't know!
- Can I ask another question?
- Let's keep going. Kudu's got to be in here somewhere.
- You and me both.
- Peredur: Kudu certainly is a slippery little fellow.
- Next time I'm bringing glue bombs.
Cinematic when confronting Kudu:
- Kudu: Zojja! Good, I was afraid you'd been killed. And if you're dead, who will witness the ascendance of Snaff's greatest apprentice?
- Kudu: As you can see, there are still a few glitches in the system. These unexpected elemental portals, for example. Hmph. Too much unstable energy, I fear.
- Zojja: It's just like everything else about you, Kudu: unstable. Now shut that thing down before your glitchy knock-off destroys everything!
- Kudu: But that's what field tests are for, right? Now that I've ironed out the kinks, my Weather-matic 5000 is ready for its debut!
- <Character Name>: That's my invention, Kudu. Shut it down, now, and we'll let you walk out of here. Well, limp out. There's still a beating headed your way.
- Kudu: Sorry, can't stay. I've got an appointment with the Arcane Council. I guarantee they'll be swept away by my demonstration.
- Kudu: I just hope they're all wearing hip boots. I have the sneaking suspicion it's going to rain in Rata Sum forever!
Cinematic when Kudu disables Mr. Sparkles:
- Kudu: Aww, did Zojja's mechanical best friend fall down? Ha! Who sparkles now, tin can?
Kudu activating the Weather-matic 5000 portals:
- Kudu: Feel the blinding sting of my blizzard!
- Kudu: Wither! Shrivel! Curl and blacken in my blistering heat!
- Kudu: My genius strikes... like lightning.
- Kudu: Time for me to make my trademark well-timed escape. Kill you later, Zojja!
Cinematic after Kudu is defeated and the portals are destroyed:
- <Character Name>: Where did Kudu go? I was going to cram his feet down his throat and make him swallow himself.
- Zojja: I like a plan with no drawbacks, but Kudu's long gone. He stole the designs for a personal teleporter ages ago.
- Zojja: Whenever he's losing an argument, or a fight, or just losing face, zap! He's gone. Usually after getting in the last word.
- <Character Name>: He mentioned the council and said he was going to make it rain forever. But what does he get out of flooding Rata Sum?
- Zojja: He's Inquest, and he's petty. If he embarrasses the councillors, or even kills a few, it disrupts the system. And the Inquest will capitalize on that.
- <Character Name>: Not if we stop him. And we will. The council is important, but did you hear what he named my invention? "Weather-matic 5000," indeed. Kudu must pay!
Talking to allies after final cinematic:
- Zojja: Coward! Hear me, Kudu, wherever you are? YOU'RE A COWARD! Bah.
Where did he go?
- I don't know, but I do know where he'll be next: the Arcane Council chamber.
- And we'll be ready.
- I concur. The weaselly little rat!
- Peredur: Do...do you think Kudu will recognize me? I'm sure he'll be angry.
If he doesn't, a concussion might jog his memory.
- Concussion? Gracious! Do you think we really could?
- I know we could.
He might be angry at you, but he's about to be more angry at us. Don't worry about him.
- That's a very good point. And, um, you don't mind?
- Not at all. I'll be happy to keep his attention.
I can't imagine he'd forget a pretty face like yours.
- Pretty? Why, I...do you really...I... You're just teasing me, aren't you? I see how this works.
- Ha! I had no idea leaves could turn that shade of red!
- Just stay close to us. You'll be fine.