Taking Credit Back
Taking Credit Back
Recover your krewe's translocator.
- Meet Zojja on the road near Hydrone Unit.
- Ambush the Inquest caravan.
- Retrieve the Interspatial Translocator.
- Stop the Inquest counterambush.
- Find the other members of your team.
Click here to edit the reward data
- All professions
- Bag of Loot (2)
- Heavy Aquabreather, and one of the following: Resilient Shield, Malign Torch, Healing Staff
- Heavy Aquabreather, and one of the following: Malign Sword, Malign Axe, Healing Staff
- Heavy Aquabreather, and one of the following: Resilient Shield, Healing Warhorn, Mighty Greatsword
- Leather Aquabreather, and one of the following: Malign Pistol, Mighty Rifle, Resilient Shield
- Leather Aquabreather, and one of the following: Healing Warhorn, Malign Dagger, Mighty Greatsword
- Leather Aquabreather, and one of the following: Malign Pistol, Mighty Dagger, Healing Short Bow
- Cloth Aquabreather, and one of the following: Healing Focus, Mighty Dagger, Malign Staff
- Cloth Aquabreather, and one of the following: Resilient Focus, Mighty Pistol, Malign Staff
- Cloth Aquabreather, and one of the following: Malign Focus, Healing Dagger, Mighty Staff
The entrance to the instance is located southeast of Loch Waypoint in Loch Jezt. Inside the instance, talk to Zojja, then go down the hill and attack the Inquest. Once you have completed the ambush, pick up the gizmo that Zojja wants and a cinematic will begin where golems and Inquest will come out of the lake and immobilize you. After some dialogue, you get teleported - separately from the NPCs - into a cave. Run out of the cave by going to the right, where you'll find some Inquest. Kill them.
Your objective is to the east of the map. Turn left and find the path then run up the hill to get to the lab where you revive Mr. Sparkles. Talk to Mr. Sparkles to finish the story step.
- Mr. Sparkles: Initiating—stealth—protocol.
Cinematic with Zojja:
- Zojja: Welcome to the ambush party. The Inquest column should be along any moment now.
- <Character name>: I'm eager to pin the Inquest's ears back. Is this a straight smash-and-grab, or are there hidden subtleties?
- Zojja: Sure. We'll subtly punch their faces, crack their golems and take what they stole. Mr. Sparkles here was just made for subtlety.
- <Character name>: Subtle enough for me. And no less than they deserve.
- Pol: Is there any chance we can do this without resorting to violence? Guys? Guys?
- Pol: Ah, well. You can't blame me for hoping.
Talking with Zojja:
- Zojja: Getting your Interspatial Translocator back is Priority One, but between you and me—I can't wait to wipe that smug smirk off Teyo's face.
- Absolutely. In fact, that's Priority Two.
Talking with Mr. Sparkles:
- Mr. Sparkles: Ready—for—action—and—updated—mission—objectives—and—priorities.
- Excellent. Proceed as planned.
At the Inquest counter-ambush:
- Teyo: Well, well, well. What's this? Patent infringement, perhaps? That is, my patent infringing on your freedom.
- Teyo: I knew you petty-minded losers would try to steal the Interspacial Translocator. That's why I set this trap. Which you fell for, because you're stupid.
- <Character name>: How did you get to Councillor Flax? Bribes, blackmail, or did you put the fear in him? When we expose this rotten mess, you'll pay for what you've done.
- Zojja: Yeah. And in the meantime, we're going to kick your behind so hard you'll be wearing it as a hat. Right, Mr. Sparkles?
- Mr. Sparkles: Affirmative. Prepare-to-don-the-behind-hat.
- Teyo: Yes, yes, very threatening. I'm literally quaking with fear, so badly that I can barely clean up you loose ends by doing...this!
After the cutscene:
- Teyo: Okay, Subject One. Let's get you into a cage.
- Teyo: Subject Two. Time to get you all nice and disassembled.
- Teyo: On to Subject Three. Wait...it's starting to smoke. Whatever. Off you go!
- Teyo points at <Character name>.
- Pol: I think this might be the first time a device malfunction has worked in our favor.
- Pol: We were probably supposed to end up in a volcano...or the sewers. Again.
- Pol: Better keep moving. The Inquest must be out looking for us.
On the road to save the others:
- Inquest Tech: Wait, nobody knows where Varkk's krewe ended up? This is the Inquest, not progeny playtime!
- Inquest Tech: Whoa, what's that? Is someone coming?
- Inquest Tech: Is that Mr. Sparkles back there? I've wanted to dismantle him and crawl around in his guts for ages!
- Inquest Tech: Some days it really pays to have a completely amoral interest in arcane matters.
Finding Mr. Sparkles:
- Pol: Oh, no. Mr. Sparkles! It'll take some repairs and a lot of metal polish before you live up to that name again.
Cinematic with Mr. Sparkles:
- <Character name>: Welcome back, Mr. Sparkles. I need to know what happened. Where's Zojja?
- Mr. Sparkles: Insufficient-data-at-this-time. Working...there. I-have-located-Zojja's-tracking-signal. She-is-in-the-Inquest's-Metrica-Province-lab.
- <Character name>: If Zojja's there, so is Teyo. And I want to give Teyo a piece of my mind and all of my fist. Meet me there, Mr. Sparkles, and we'll bust Zojja out.
- <Character name>: Head back to the lab, Pol. You'll be safe there. Do some digging and see if you can find anything that'll give us an edge.
- Pol: Finally, a task that doesn't require bruising or being bruised. I'm on it!
Speaking with Mr. Sparkles:
- Mr. Sparkles: Homing—in—on—Zojja's—tracking—signal—in—Metrica—Province. Exact—location—wavailable
- Great work, Mr. Sparkles. Meet me there.