Golem Positioning System
Golem Positioning System
- 1325 AE
- Personal story
- Experiments Gone Wrong
- Applied Development Lab
- College of Dynamics
- Preceded by
- In Snaff's Footsteps
- Followed by
- High Maintenance
Work with your krewe to locate the MIG.
- Return to your krewe's lab in Rata Sum.
- Activate the device to track the MIG.
- Accompany Hronk and observe the tracking device results.
- Subdue the rampaging MIG.
Click here to edit the reward data
- All professions
- Bag of Loot (2)
- Heavy Aquabreather, and one of the following: Resilient Shield, Malign Torch, Healing Staff
- Heavy Aquabreather, and one of the following: Malign Sword, Malign Axe, Healing Staff
- Heavy Aquabreather, and one of the following: Resilient Shield, Healing Warhorn, Mighty Greatsword
- Leather Aquabreather, and one of the following: Malign Pistol, Mighty Rifle, Resilient Shield
- Leather Aquabreather, and one of the following: Healing Warhorn, Malign Dagger, Mighty Greatsword
- Leather Aquabreather, and one of the following: Malign Pistol, Mighty Dagger, Healing Short Bow
- Cloth Aquabreather, and one of the following: Healing Focus, Mighty Dagger, Malign Staff
- Cloth Aquabreather, and one of the following: Resilient Focus, Mighty Pistol, Malign Staff
- Cloth Aquabreather, and one of the following: Malign Focus, Healing Dagger, Mighty Staff
To complete the first task given by Hronk, carefully watch the order of the beams of electricity as they touch the Golem's holographic image. By pressing the appropriate buttons in order, the Golem gets one step closer to activating.
Every time you fail to follow the order properly, the device resets completely and Hronk will inform you it was incorrect. If you missed the order of the beams at the start, simply make an error and it resets to show you again how it is done.
- Kazz: Hey, you're just in time! Hronk's got us all set up. Well, mostly.
Cinematic with Hronk:
- Hronk: Before we proceed, I want to make it clear: we won the Snaff Prize, but we can't decide who gets the "Snaff Savant" title until we recover Doxa and the MIG.
- Hronk: Now, then: I just finished calibrating my Aetheric Harmonizer for the tracking device in the MIG. Once we activate it, it'll pinpoint Doxa's location.
- Kazz: Then what are we waiting for? I mean: please, sir, let's activate it right away. I'm worried about Doxa.
- Hronk: I can see that. But I'm worried that your... personal concerns are distracting you. The startup sequence is more complicated than flipping a switch, you know.
- Hronk: Ergo, I want you on the harmonizer core to make sure the apparatus doesn't overload, while your krewmate here fires it up.
- <Character name>: Consider it done, sir. Kazz isn't the only one who needs Doxa back. She's funny, and without her, our productivity has dropped by 43 percents.
- Hronk: I'll begin the initiation sequence. Note which console fires in what order, then repeat the sequence by interacting with the consoles.
Talking to Hronk:
- Hronk: I change the startup sequence twice a day to baffle spies and saboteurs. Troublesome, yes, but necessary for security.
- I'll handle it.
During the sequence mini-game:
- Hronk: Okay, you've got basic motor function and eye/hand coordination down. Now it gets tough.
- Hronk: Brace yourself. This last one is going to knock you flat.
- Hronk: No, no, no: wrong! But keep trying. (only if you get a sequence wrong)
- Hronk: It's working! It's working perfectly! And the signal appears to be close!
After the mini-game:
- Hronk: The signal is moving. In fact... it's getting closer! In fact, it's headed right for us!
- Hronk: Wait, this can't be right. It says the signal is coming from right behind that wall.
- M.I.G.: Access—granted.
During the fight with the M.I.G.:
- M.I.G.: Entity—not—found. Searching...
- M.I.G.: Kazz... Kazz? Negative. Resuming—search.
- M.I.G.: Entity—detected. Close—proximity. Query: Kazz?
- Kazz: Doxa? What are you doing? We've got to weaken the golem, or we'll never calm her down.
- M.I.G.: Kaaaazz!
Cinematic after defeating the M.I.G.:
- Kazz: Did you hear that? Doxa was in there, calling for me. But why was she so out of control, so destructive?
- <Character name>: Her mind has been fused with the MIG's command protocols. She's confused, in pain, and struggling to adjust to a whole new consciousness.
- <Character name>: I'd say that's also why she went berserk at the demonstration: the initial shock must have been painful. I hate to say it, but getting her out will be tricky.
- Hronk: A definite understatement. I've reviewed reams of recovered Inquest records, and according to them no one has ever been un-fused from a golem.
- Hronk: I'm sorry, Kazz, but Doxa may already be dead. Those words you heard could just be echoes of her former self.
- <Character name>: Don't panic yet. Zojja is the foremost authority on golems in the world, and she already stated her interest in the MIG. If anyone can help, it's her.
- Hronk: Perhaps there's hope, then. I know Zojja's doing some work at the Incomp Optics lab outside the city. You'd better follow up with her in person.
- Kazz: I'm ready. Please, for Doxa's sake, let's talk to Zojja right away.
Talking to your krewe:
- Kazz: Doxa being stuck inside our golem is suboptimal, to say the least. There will be plenty of time to blame and punish the Inquest later, but for now:how do we get her out?
- I'm not sure yet, but we are problem-solvers. All we need is time.
- Hronk: I've done all I can for Doxa from here. The rest is field work, which I am hereby delegating to you and Kazz.
Leave it to us. The Snaff Prize is as much Doxa's as ours.
- That reminds me, we still haven't chosen who gets the "Snaff Prize Savant" title. Usually it's the most valuable inventor on the project.
- Let's take care of Doxa first.
- We won't let you down.
- The name of this story is a reference to the Global Positioning System, a satellite-based navigation system.