Invade Kudu's lab and confront him about the weather control device.
- Meet Zojja and Peredur at the Invariant base.
- Invade the Inquest's base and find Kudu.
- Defeat Kudu and his Inquest thugs.
Click here to edit the reward data
- All professions
- One of the following: Malign Chain Legs, Mighty Chain Legs, Resilient Chain Legs
- One of the following: Malign Seeker Pants, Mighty Seeker Pants, Resilient Seeker Pants
- One of the following: Malign Embroidered Pants, Mighty Embroidered Pants, Resilient Embroidered Pants
Once in the story instance, head north-west towards the Invariant Base and meet up with Zojja, Mr. Sparkles and Peredur waiting near the steps leading into the base.
Passing between the two towers at the bottom of the steps will trigger an alarm and activate 3 golems of Mark I Golem and Mark II Golem types. There are several Inquest Engineers on the steps initially, and as you climb them, Inquest Extinguishers will also spawn.
- Asura (Inquest)
Approaching the Inquest base:
- Peredur: This is the place. Kudu's lab is just ahead.
Talking to allies:
- Peredur: Do.. do you think Kudu will recognize me? I'm sure he'll be angry.
If he doesn't, a bit of concussion might jog his memory.
- Concussion? Gracious! I mean... do you think we really could?
- I know we could.
He might be angry at you, but he's about to be more angry at us. Don't worry about him.
- That's a very good point. And, um, you don't mind?
- Not at all. I'm happy to keep his attention.
I can't imagine he'd forget a pretty face like yours.
- Pretty? Why, I...do you really...I... You're just teasing me, aren't you? I see how this works.
- Ha! I had no idea leaves could turn that shade of red!
- Just stay close to us. You'll be fine.
- Zojja: Kudu's plans are going to backfire on him this time. I'll make sure of that.
- Arcane Council let them stay in Rata Sum?
If the inquest is this terrible, why does the
- Let them stay? Ha! The Council couldn't kick them out if it wanted to. The Inquest are jerks.. but their inventions are genius.
- Can I ask another question?
- There's something to be said for efficiency...but I don't agree.
This is the cost of being the best. Someone steals you stuff and makes a mint off it.
- Tell me something I don't know!
- Can I ask another question?
- Let's keep going. Kudu's got to be in here somewhere.
- You and me, both.
When entering the laboratory:
- Inquest Security Gate: Intruder-detected. Activating-security-measures. Extreme-violence-authorized.
- Zojja: Well, that doesn't sound good. Not good at all.
Cinematic when confronting Kudu:
- Kudu: Well, look who finally caught up with the rest of the class. I heard you needed help to escape from my trap, Zojja. Big surprise there, right?
- Kudu: You're too late, by the way. My Weather-matic 5000 is fully functional and ready to make rain. Literally.
- <Character name>: That's my invention, Kudu. You're no genius, you're a derivative thief. And you dress like a ninny. Tell your tailor that other colors exist.
- Kudu: Ooh, Snaff's sidekick brought a sidekick of her own. A side-sidekick. Yes, I stole your design. And improved it a thousandfold!
- Kudu: Your device could make it snow for Wintersday or turn gray skies blue for a child's picnic. I turned that toy into a weapon of unmatched potential.
- Kudu: Dark clouds are gathering over Rata Sum as we speak, Savant. I hope the council can swim. But you? You're sunk. Inquest! Attack!
While fighting Kudu:
- Kudu: Ha! You call this resistance? I call it...risible! (at 75% health)
- Kudu: If this keeps up, I may have to revise my calculations. (at 50% health)
- Kudu: This has been fun, but I think I'll be teleporting to safety now. Ha! (upon defeat)
Cinematic after Kudu leaves:
- <Character name>: Where's Kudu? I'm going to wrap his ears around his own neck and pull until his head pops off.
- Zojja: Good plan, but Kudu's long gone. He stole the designs for a personal teleporter ages ago. Whenever things aren't going his way...he goes away.
- <Character name>: He mentioned the council and dark clouds over Rata Sum. But what does he gain from flooding the council chambers?
- Zojja: Any number of small, petty things: a minor victory, an embarrassment for the council, proof of the Inquest's power...
- Zojja: If he kills a few councillors and disrupts the power structure in Rata Sum, so much the better.
- <Character name>: Then let's get after him. Saving the council is all well and good, but he called my first invention a toy. For that, he must pay!