Snoop on Mink at the Seraph Protectors camp.
- Ask Captain Renata about Mink.
Confront Mink before he completes his business deal.
- Meet up with Zojja.
- Locate Mink on the Zinder Slope.
- Observe Mink's business pitch.
- Defeat the bandits.
- Defeat Parkyr Vellon.
Click here to edit the reward data
- All professions
- One of the following: Malign Chain Legs, Mighty Chain Legs, Resilient Chain Legs
- One of the following: Malign Seeker Pants, Mighty Seeker Pants, Resilient Seeker Pants
- One of the following: Malign Embroidered Pants, Mighty Embroidered Pants, Resilient Embroidered Pants
Travel to the The Wendon Steps and ask Seraph Captain Renata for Mink's whereabouts. Track down Mink as he attempts to conduct business with Parkyr Vellon. The deal goes bad, and Vellon orders his henchmen to attack. Fight off three waves of bandits and then defeat Vellon himself.
- Humans (Bandits)
Talk with Seraph Captain Renata:
- Seraph Captain Renata: What can I help you with, traveler?
Have you seen an asura named Mink around? Probably had couple of golems with him, very self-important?
- Actually, yes. He seemed to be talking to Parkyr Vellon, one of the merchants I see around here from time to time. I think I saw them head west.
- Thanks, I'll go look for him.
Meet up with Zojja:
- Zojja: I saw your flare. Nice work. Now let's see if we can talk some sense into that idiot Mink.
Talking with Zojja:
- Mink the Fink's here somewhere. I almost feel sorry for whatever bookah's buying his inventions.
- We'd better hurry.
Cutscene when locate Mink:
- <Character name>: Stop! You can't sell those golems. They're defective and dangerous.
- Parkyr Vellon: You were supposed to come alone, Mink. Who's this? And what was that about my merchandise being "defective"?
- Mink: Uh, pay them no mind, Mr. Vellon. Those are rivals of mine, looking to...derail our transaction. Just give me a moment.
- Mink: What are you doing here, and why are you trying to ruin my deal? Just because I improved your design—
- Zojja: Quiet, you hack. Your golem is like a bomb waiting to go off. Didn't you hear about the people it already killed?
- Mink: Even if I believed you, progress demands sacrifice! Step aside. I've got a demonstration to make, and I'm not letting you spoil it.
Observe Mink's business pitch:
- Zojja: Idiot. Okay, Savant, stand by: this demonstration of his could get us all killed.
- Mink: Now behold, Mr. Vellon, as my golem loads up your cart with...what's in these casks, again?
- Parkyr Vellon: They're full of...wine. Nothing but fine wine from Beetletun.
- Mink: Very good, sir. VAL-A! Load Mr. Vellon's cart with these casks of wine, and be quick about it!
- VAL-A Golem: Affirmative. Baggage—handling—sequence: activated.
- VAL-A Golem: Handling—baggage. Handling—bag...bagging—handle...hagging—bandle...bandle...hag...bandy—haggle... (explodes)
- Parkyr Vellon: My cart bull! What have you done, Mink?
- Zojja: That's some powerful stuff you've got there, Mr. Vellon. I didn't know Beetletun made weapons-grade wine.
- Parkyr Vellon: Cute. Mink, as far as I'm concerned, you, your friends, and this deal are a total loss.
- Parkyr Vellon: Boys, time to cut some losses. Put these bunny-eared freaks in the ground.
Defeat the bandit guards:
- Mink: Don't kill me! I've got so much to give!
- Zojja: The golems explode on ignition. We can use that against these thugs!
- Mr. Sparkles: Defensive—protocols—online.
- Parkyr Vellon: Quick now...protect me and kill them!
- Parkyr Vellon: What's wrong with you idiots? Can't take out a few measly asura? They're wee and fragile!
- Parkyr Vellon: Kill them! Kill them or I'll be next! And then it's your turn!
Defeat Parkyr Vellon:
- Parkyr Vellon: Let's do this!
- Zojja: Nobody attacks me!
- Mink: Er...thanks for saving my life. Who'd have guessed that a murderous smuggler like Vellon would turn on me?
- Zojja: Everyone but you. Besides, with all that extra power cells you crammed in that golem, you're lucky it didn't explode in your face.
- <Character name>: Wait. It blew up, but it didn't go haywire. Were we wrong? Was Keppa the one we wanted after all?
- Mink: Keppa? Hah! Her golems are nothing but skritt junk glued together with mucilage! They fall apart after two steps.
- Zojja: Mink's a brainless toad, but he does have a point.
- Zojja: I think I know what to look for now. Let me run a few tests back in my lab. Meet me there and we can explore my new theory.