Defusing the Problem
Defusing the Problem
Extract Doxa from the MIG.
- Meet your krewe at your Metrica Province lab.
- Activate the extraction device.
- (Defend the extraction device.)
- Hold off the Inquest attack.
- Defeat Teyo.
Click here to edit the reward data
- All professions
Meet your krewe in the Applied Development Lab. Zojja is hopeful that Doxa can be extracted from the golem without killing her. Turn on the extractor when prompted. Unsurprisingly, the Inquest will appear in the lab shortly after starting the extraction process. After defeating several waves of Inquest, the process will eventually complete and Doxa will be released from the MIG. A cinematic then appears with Teyo - defeat her to complete the mission.
- Asura (Inquest)
Generic chatter by various asura in the instance:
- Citizen (1): Would you listen to yourself? There is no way the etheric filtering could process that much energy!
- Citizen (2): I hear someone's trying to improve on asura gates. As if that were possible.
- Citizen (3): If it's not broken, you're not innovating.
Upon approaching your allies:
- Kazz: Be honest now, Zojja. Can this work? Do we have a chance?
- Zojja: Yes. My simulations result in an 86 percent probability of success, but this is Inquest territory.
- Zojja: They don't care about their test subjects, and they focus on fusing rather than unfusing.
- Zojja: Still, 86 percent is nothing to sneeze at. The modifications we made should do the trick.
- Hronk: It's time to test that theory. We're ready to start the extraction process. All we need to do now is throw the switch.
- Hronk: And, activate the extractor...now!
Before throwing the switch:
- Zojja: Now that we're all here, we can begin. This is going to be both exciting and informative.
Talking to allies:
- Zojja: Extracting Doxa will be risky, but you made the right choice. Also, I love that we're undoing something that cost the Inquest a lot of time.
- If it works... and it will. I won't let Doxa down.
- Kazz: The anxiety is killing me. Please, let's get this over with before I lose my nerve.
- Don't worry. Doxa is as good as saved.
- Hronk: I'm still not comfortable with this, even though there's a pleasing symmetry to using Inquest methods and machinery to clean up their mess. I just hope we get results.
- We will. Between you, Zojja, and myself, we can't fail.
After throwing the switch:
- Kazz: I hear noises and see light, but what does it all mean? Is it working?
- Hronk: The machines are working. As for the overall process, we'll see soon enough.
- Hronk: Bookah boogers, it's the Inquest! Don't let them interrupt the extraction process.
During the battle:
- Hronk: Stay focused. Don't let them interrupt the extraction process.
- Hronk: We're making progress. Keep them at bay just a little while longer.
- Hronk: Nearly there!
When Doxa is freed:
- Doxa: Whew! From now on, I'm carrying an industrial strength can opener.
- Zojja: It worked—Doxa's free. Now both she and the MIG should function properly.
- Kazz: Thank the Eternal Alchemy...and you, Zojja. And our krewemates. Are you alright, Doxa my dear?
- Doxa: (in robotic voice) Affirmative, loved one Kazz. This unit thanks you for your assistance.
- Doxa: Ha! I had you going there, didn't I? I'm fine. And my sense of humor is definitely intact.
Cinematic with Teyo:
- Teyo: Plagiarists! Saboteurs! That's Inquest property. I've come to shame you into giving it back. Oh, and snuff you all for stealing it.
- Zojja: You couldn't snuff a sputtering candle. And before I forget: Plagiarists? Saboteurs? Coming from you and the Inquest, that's hilarious.
- Teyo: You broke into our facility to steal our research for a golem design you also stole. What would you call it?
- <Character name>: We'd call it saving our friend. I'll answer for stealing your tech when you answer for using it to commit atrocities.
- Zojja: What do you say, Teyo? Shall we all go before the Arcane Council and see whose golem fusion project is most questionable?
- Teyo: Hmmm. No deal. I guess I'll just have to take back what's mine and eliminate all you witnesses.
Cinematic after defeating Teyo:
- Hronk: Well done, krewe. We saved Doxa and beat the Inquest at its own game. I've never been so proud. Everyone gets an extra hour for lunch tomorrow!
- <Character name>: That's...generous, sir, but I think Doxa and Kazz may need more time that that. They've been through a lot. Don't worry, though: I'll cover their duties.
- Doxa: Thanks for that. I feel like I could sleep for a year. And when ever I try to think, I still hear a metallic voice in my head that says, "Work-ing."
- Kazz: It could be worse. If things had gone differently, you could have been reduced to a voice in the MIG's head. And then who would keep me honest?
- <Character name>: Go on, you two. Enjoy some downtime. I'll keep things running smoothly until you're ready to return.
- Hronk: Before we let these lovers go, we still have to decide who gets the title "Snaff Prize Savant." I can't see anyone objecting to it being you.
- Hronk: You were instrumental in constructing the MIG, and in getting Doxa out of it. Any objections? No? Good! Wear your title with pride. You've earned it.
- Zojja: Congratulations, Savant. I'll be keeping an eye on you. Standouts like you are worth watching...and worth putting to work. See you soon.
Taslking to allies again:
- Zojja: Quite an outing. A Snaff Prize Victory, a heroic rescue or two, and we exposed the Inquest as uninspired idea-thieves. Congratulations, <Character Name>. I'll be keeping an eye on you.
- I'm flattered, and I predict you'll like what you see.
- Doxa: Ugh, trapped inside that metal... the extra weight, the clanging echo in my head, the body-wide chaffing... I'm not wearing anything heavier than silk for a year.
- Glad to have you back, Doxa. You may have been uncomfortable, but you wore it well.
- Kazz: Without Doxa, my life is like a box of wet matches: no spark, no flame, no point. Saying "thank you" doesn't even begin to cover it.
- Don't mention it. You're both part of my krewe.
- Hronk: I expect you'll go off and pursue your own projects. That's the way it goes. Genius never stands still. On behalf of Kazz and Doxa and the whole krewe: great working with you, <Character Name>.
- Thanks, chief.