Moto's appearance in Super Adventure Box.
Moto's appearance in the Game Over room.
I like to think inside the Box.
Moto is an asuran inventor found standing near his most famous invention: the Super Adventure Box. In Taimi's Game, he is mentioned as contributing to Taimi's efforts in discovering Rata Novus' legacy research into combating the Elder Dragons, which happens to involve a form of virtual reality. Moto is also an ally found inside the Super Adventure Box: he gives the Pointy Stick to the players at the start of their adventure, and will also take Continue Coins to allow players to resume playing when they run out of lives.
- In the Game Over room
- For previous dialogue: Moto/dialogue
- If the Super Adventure Box is currently available
- There's no better time than the Super Adventure Festival to celebrate the Super Adventure Box! Your adventure awaits inside the box!
- Infinite Continue Coin but do not have the Super Bee Dog Mail Carrier unlocked or in your inventory)
I've always had your back, Moto. (If you have an
- Yes, I see you have my Infinite Continue Coin. I thank you for your support. Enjoy this holo-rific Super Bee Dog Mail Carrier as a token of my appreciation. (Receives carrier)
- Wow! Thanks!
Has anything changed?
- I had a very brief moment to squash a few bugs and add small bits of polish. Your experience in the box will be better than ever!
- Thanks, Moto!
- Thanks, Moto!
- If the Super Adventure Festival is soon to occur
- It's almost time for the Super Adventure Festival. I hope you'll look forward to it.
When can I play?
- Soon, I assure you.
- That's great.
- Wow! I can't wait.
- If the Super Adventure Box is not currently available
- I'm sorry, my Super Adventure Box is currently offline for upgrading. I'll inform you the next time the Box is available for play. Thank you for your interest.
- Good luck with your endeavor.
- In the Game Over room, if you have an Infinite Continue Coin in your inventory
- You have an Infinite Continue Coin! What would you like to do?
- Use an Infinite Continue Coin and travel to the active zone. (Returns to your last checkpoint)
- Purchase continue coins. (Opens vendor window)
I want to use my continue coins instead.
- Would you like to continue to the active zone?
- Yes, I'm ready. (Use 1 Continue Coin)
- Yes, I'm ready. (Use 5 Continue Coins)
- Yes, I'm ready. (Use 10 Continue Coins)
- No, not just yet.
- Nothing at the moment.
- Pattern perception promotes puzzle performance.
- Challenge yourself to learn.
- Discover through collaboration.
- Jump in and surprise yourself.
- I like to think inside the Box.
Super Adventure Festival ambient dialogue
- Just a reminder. There is no food, drink, or six-dimensional mathematics allowed inside the Super Adventure Box.
- Are you going to let the princess remain captured? She needs your help as we speak!
- You've inquired about it. You've requested it. Now, it's here. My Super Adventure Box is back for a limited time.
- The Princess needs you! Stop Lord Vanquish and his goons to save her!
- Is your krewe getting you down? Stick to your guns and make your dreams come true!
- Come see the future of fun right here!
- More excitement. More thrills. Take a break from Tyria and take a spin through my world.
- Come one, come all! The Super Adventure Box has returned for your amusement!
- He was added to the game on March 26, 2013.
- After the initial run of the Super Adventure Box, Moto ceased being a merchant until the return of SAB with the September 3, 2013 update, and stopped being a merchant after it's second run in December. He became a permanent merchant upon the return of the Super Adventure Box with the Super Adventure Festival in 2016 until 2018 at which point two additional NPCs were added that sold his inventory instead of Moto.
- During the original release, Moto would greet players at the gate to the Hub inside Super Adventure Box, where they would have to insert a giant Continue Coin bundle into his mouth to gain access.
- Moto's name and likeness resemble that of Shigeru Miyamoto, creator of video game franchises including Mario and The Legend of Zelda. Miya's name also hints to this similarity.
- During the initial run of Super Adventure Box, Moto had conversation with certain NPCs, including an Outraged Professor, a Legionnaire, and Subdirector Klein. These NPCs later came back during the Super Adventure Festival 2017.
- Moto is voiced by Steve Blum.