Captain Romke is the ghost of a former norn seafarer, who is now trapped on the shores of Orr with the never ending burden to retrieve his lost map. He was the owner of Romke's Horn, a family heirloom to norn player characters who chose Lost an Heirloom in the Biography.
- Chapter 8: Victory or Death
- This place is cursed, stranger. Take my advice and keep sailing. You don't want to stay here.
Who are you?
- Captain Romke, sailor, explorer, adventurer. My ship and crew were stranded here when Orr rose, and our spirits have been trapped here ever since. Don't share our fate: leave while you can.
- Zhaitan will be defeated. You will be free again. Take heart:
- Zhaitan should fear me, not the other way around.
- I'm not leaving yet. I have adventuring of my own to do.
- Thanks for the warning, but I can take care of myself.
- If norn who chose Lost an Heirloom
- You seem very familiar to me. How is that possible?
I am your descendant, Captain. I have walked with the kodan and heard their tales of your bravery and nobility.
- By the spirits, yes! I see it now. Tell me, whatever became of the horn the kodans bestowed upon me?
The horn was corrupted by Jormag. It's gone now. I'm sorry.
- A pity. But your being here proves our family's blood still feels the call of the open sea. Meet me near Mausolus Sea. At least your adventure can continue beyond these corrupted shores.
- Thank you, captain. I'll see you there.
- That's a longer story than I have time to tell.