Tribunes in Effigy
Tribunes in Effigy
Mergath Flarekin's ritual threatens the tribunes of the Citadel.
- Talk to Seneca the Relentless in the Black Citadel.
- Talk to Smodur the Unflinching
- Kill Mergath Flarekin's Flame Effigy.
Click here to edit the reward data
- All professions
- Warband Hauberk, Duty-Bound Duffers
- Drover Coat, Ragamuffin Toeshoes
- Invoker's Coat, Homespun Espadrilles
Walk down to the stockade and talk to Seneca the Relentless. A cutscene will play, after which you will have to talk to Smodur the Unflinching. After another cinematic, Shaman Mergath Flarekin will appear, killing the six Blood Legion soldiers. As soon as he becomes vulnerable, kill him to ensure the safety of the officers.
- Blood Legion Soldiers
- Clement Forktail
- Flame Legion Blademaster
- Seneca the Relentless
- Smodur the Unflinching
- Soldier (dead)
- Spark Smogbreath
- Tribune Bhuer Goreblade
- Tribune Rytlock Brimstone
- Tribune Torga Desertgrave
- Sparring partner:
- Warband member:
Approaching Seneca the Relentless:
- Seneca the Relentless: Traitor Forktail. You belong in a cage. Remember that.
Cinematic with Seneca:
- Seneca the Relentless: Look, Clement. Your own darling cub has returned to see you safely returned to your cell.
- Clement Forktail: Listen to me: the brass are still in danger. You need to warn them.
- Seneca the Relentless: And we will. Imperator Smodur himself has taken an interest in this case. I've been invited to report to him personally. I'll be sure to mention your concerns.
- <Character name>: For what it's worth, Clement, I believe you. And we will warn the tribunes and the imperator. When the Flame Legion comes, the Citadel will be ready.
- Clement Forktail: Thank you. I don't expect you to forgive me, but if you do this...I can die knowing that I at least did one thing right.
After the cinematic with Seneca:
- Spark Smogbreath: (growl) You're a fool! When I get out of here, I'll come looking for you!
When talking to the prisoners before or after speaking to Seneca the Relentless:
- Spark Smogbreath: Come on, call me a coward again. I dare you. I'll cut you up and stew you like a bunny rabbit.
- Ahhn... you're not even worth the saliva it'd take to spit on you.
- Flame Legion Blademaster: You gotta get me out of here! I didn't murder or rob anyone. All I did was kill a few civilians and loot their houses.
- If those had been your orders, you wouldn't be here. Enjoy your stay.
When talking to Seneca:
- Seneca the Relentless: I still can't believe you credit anything Forktail said. He's Flame Legion, a traitor, a liar, and worse.
- He's also been right so far. I won't risk the tribunes' safety.
Approaching Smodur the Unflinching:
- Smodur the Unflinching: Report. What's our situation?
- Tribune Bhuer Goreblade: The Adamant Guard is patrolling the citadel perimeter. The city is secure, sir.
- Tribune Torga Desertgrave: My agents say Flarekin is on the move. He's completed his ritual. Be ready for anything.
Cinematic with Smodur:
- Seneca the Relentless: Reporting as ordered, Imperator. Forktail is back in a cage, where he belongs. Here's the legionnaire who discovered the Flame Legion's plot.
- <Character name>: It's not over yet, sir. Flarekin and his shamans are planning to attack these chambers with a deadly new magic.
- Smodur the Unflinching: Let them. The day we run from the Flame Legion is the day we start forging wind-up toys instead of siege engines.
- Smodur the Unflinching: We'll meet them head-on. Fight beside me, Legionnaire. You've earned it.
As Flame Legion attack:
- Rytlock Brimstone: Secure the entry way.
- Shaman Mergath Flarekin: Behold the power of the Flame Legion! The Black Citadel's rule ends now!
Cinematic after the battle with Flame Legion:
- Smodur the Unflinching: Well done, everyone. The Flame Legion may have false gods, but they don't have a prayer.
- Smodur the Unflinching: I'll add another commendation to your record, Legionnaire. It would've been bad here without your warning.
- <Character name>: It's an honor to protect the Black Citadel. And I'm glad to know my sire won't die a traitor.
- Rytlock Brimstone: I'm glad your personal relationships didn't stop you from doing your duty.
- <Character name>: My father is the past; the legions are my future.
- Rytlock Brimstone: And your future is looking pretty bright now. I've got plans for you, Legionnaire. You'll be hearing about them soon.
- Rytlock Brimstone: Until then, rest up and check in with you warband. You might even want to visit your sire—he was a traitor, but today, he helped you to be a hero.
Talking to the NPCs once the cinematic ends:
- Rytlock Brimstone: Bringing you in was smart. This'll keep Ash and Iron quiet for weeks. Not as quiet as if they got trampled by that effigy—which I'll never stop reminding them about!
- Glad to be of service, Tribune.
- Seneca the Relentless: Yes, yes, your sire was on the level about helping us. That doesn't change his crimes, or erase his time with the Flame Legion.
- And that doesn't erase what he did today. This prisoner deserves some respect, Seneca.
- Smodur the Unflinching: The Black Citadel owes you. Your sire might've redeemed himself on his own, but the High Legions triumphed because of you.
- Thank you, Imperator.
- Tribune Bhuer Goreblade: I love showing the world that Iron's grip is strong. Flame came for us in our own house, and we smashed them. And we have you and Forktail to thank for it.
- It was my duty, Tribune...and also my pleasure.
- Tribune Torga Desertgrave: Well done, Legionnaire. Smodur's happy, Rytlock owes me, and I'm alive. A good day's work. Ash has rarely looked better.
- Just doing my duty, Tribune.
- Yahuk Fellstrike: So how do we celebrate a personal commendation from the Imperator? One really great drink, or several good ones?
- Who says we can't have it both ways?
- Elexus Shredskin: I knew this warband would go far, but a personal commendation from Imperator Smodur? I could get used to this.
- You should. I plan to make a habit out of impressing the brass.
- Lucia Wildeye: Your sire turned out to be the key to all this. Speaking as someone who's also been on the outs with the brass, believe me—this is better.
- I believe you. And thanks.
- Clawspur: Praise from Smodur. Nice.
- We earned it.
- Dinky: So that's Smoldur the Unflinching. I kept waiting for him to flinch, but he never did. You think they named him that because he never flinches; or does he never flinch because they named him that.
- If he didn't flinch when they poked his eye out, I bet he never will.
- Euryale: We just impressed all the tribunes and the imperator. Not every warband can say that.
- It is a rare honor. But this warband deserves it.
- Maverick: Did you see their faces? The top brass loves us. They'll probably commission a memorial. If it's a statue, they better hire a sculptor genius enough to capture my charisma.
- I hear there's a norn who specializes in heroes. Let's hope she's available.
- Reeva: I was going to ask the imperator to join us for a drink, but he looked busy. I guess the more important you are, the busier you are. I hope I'm never too important to stop for a drink.
- Let's go enjoy our victory like we're the least important people in Tyria.