Recruit a new member for your warband.
- Speak to Soure Doomsday.
- Help Soure confront the Flame Legion recruiter.
- Flame Legion Recruiter
Click here to edit the reward data
- All professions
- One of three fine chest armor: Ringmail Armor, Scale Hauberk, or Chainmail Armor
- One of three fine chest armor: Rawhide Vest, Marksman's Jerkin, or Studded Leather Vest
- One of three fine chest armor: Linen Garment, Velvet Coat, or Cloth Coat
The path to Soure Doomsday is littered with Flame Legion foes. Kill or skip them and make your way to the marker. Once you reach Soure, talk to him to trigger a cutscene.
Soure explains that he intended to kill the Flame Legion Shaman and acquire his magic, rather than joining the Flame Legion as he was falsely accused of. He will gladly join your warband once you eliminate the Flame Legion who are trying to press-gang Soure into joining their ranks. Head towards the marker and clear out the minor Flame Legion - after you clear them all out, Flame Recruiter Szagur appears. He is a veteran and uses AoE fire magic in addition to summoning many Embers, which makes the fight more difficult than it initially appears. Try to avoid standing in the AoE. Defeating the recruiter ends the mission and Soure joins your warband.
- Charr (Flame Legion)
- Environmental weapons
On entering the instance:
- Clawspur: I don't like this. Let's find the new recruit fast.
- Dinky: This place smells like a latrine fire. Let's find our new guy before the Flame Legion does.
- Euryale: Our new recruit is here? We should find him before he gets himself into trouble.
- Maverick: If Flame wants Soure, too, we've got our work cut out for us. Come on, let's go find the new cub.
- Reeva: Flame Legion everywhere. We'd better find that cub fast.
Speaking to your sparring partner:
- Clawspur: I'll just say it once and then it will be said—do we really want someone in our warband who once tried to join the Flame Legion?
Rytlock said he's loyal, and I trust the tribune's judgment.
- Sure...but I trust yours even more.
- Then follow my lead and we'll see for ourselves. Let's move.
- That may just be a rumor. I want to meet Soure face-to-face before I decide.
- Dinky: So this Soure guy really tried to join the Flame Legion? Can we trust him? They say the friend of my enemy is my enemy's friend. And the friend of my enemy's friend is my enemy's friend's friend.
Rytlock said he's loyal, so we're at least going to talk to him..
- I just don't want to make a friend who's really an enemy... I mean make an enemy into a friend... ah, burn it all. Let's just make sure he's a good guy, okay?
- I will. Let's go.
- That's what we're here to find out. Let's move.
- Euryale: Is this worth it? The last thing we need is another spellcaster who wants to be Flame Legion. Makes the rest of us magic-users look bad.
Rytlock said he was loyal. That's enough for me to give him a chance.
- All right. But I'm still not sure if I'm happy about it.
- Just keep an open mind. He might be just what we need. Let's go.
- Don't worry. I'll make sure he's okay before I decide anything. Let's move.
- Maverick: I don't know about this Soure kid. If he's flirted with Flame Legion, do we really want him? Or need him?
Rytlock said he was loyal. I'm ready to give him a chance.
- And that's why you're in charge. Okay, let's see what the little pug has to say for himself.
- I'll lead the way.
- We'll see. I want to talk to him face-to-face before I decide.
- Reeva: So, another magic-user for us to play with. And all that stuff about him being a Flame Legion chump isn't true, right?
Rytlock said he was loyal. That earns him a shot at joining us.
- Sounds good. Loyalty and skill are the main things. Of course, being fun and wanting to booze it up after a battle would be nice, too. Optional, but nice.
- I like the way you think.
- Let's track him down and find out for ourselves.
While searching for Soure:
- Flame Legion Bladestorm: He has quite a reputation.
- Flame Legion Stalker: It's all irrelevant if he backs out. Are you sure he got the message?
- Flame Legion Bladestorm: Without a warband, he's meat and he knows it. He'll show.
- Flame Legion Stalker: He'll be a real asset to the Flame Legion. All that power...
- Flame Legion Bladestorm: Don't count your mice before they're dead. We can celebrate after we get him to Baelfire.
Cinematic with Soure Doomsday:
- <Character name>: Soure Doomsday? Rytlock Brimstone sent me. My warband needs you.
- Soure Doomsday: Needs me? Tell that to my old warband. I was raised with them. Fought beside them. Yet they still didn't trust me.
- Soure Doomsday: All I did was meet with a Flame Shaman, and they called me a traitor. Thing is, I was there to assassinate him and steal his magic. I'd never turn my back on the Blood Legion.
- <Character name>: That's why I'm here. I need someone with your talents to help rebuild my warband. Join us.
- Soure Doomsday: The Flame Legion already made me an offer: join or die. As a gladium, I didn't have much of a choice.
- Soure Doomsday: Get me out of this shotgun wedding, and I'm all yours.
After the cinematic (depending on your sparring partner):
- Clawspur: Don't worry, kid. We'll get the Flame Legion off your back. And then, you'll owe us.
- Soure Doomsday: Even better, get them off my back, and I'll become one of you.
- Dinky: Your magic is different. It works and all, but not like I'm used to it.
- Soure Doomsday: I know. That's what made me an outsider in my own warband.
- Dinky: This warband is different. Outsiders are okay, as long as they're one of us.
- Euryale: I can see how your warband turning on yo u hits just as hard as them getting killed.
- Soure Doomsday: Thanks. I thought they were going to kill me, and for something I didn't even do.
- Euryale: Well, you're past that now. We'll only kill you if you really, really deserve it.
- Maverick: I actually like magic-users. They do their thing, I do mine, and we stay out of each other's way.
- Soure Doomsday: Glad to hear it. My last warband had different ideas about teamwork.
- Maverick: Plus, you usually hang back and let me shine on the front lines, so everyone can see me.
- Reeva: You better perk up if you join us. We like to keep things lively.
- Soure Doomsday: Get me out of this deal with the Flame Legion, and I'll dance a jig all night long.
Speaking to your sparring partner:
- Clawspur: The kid seems solid enough. I'll watch him just to make sure, but I think he'll be fine.
- Glad you agree. Soure makes our warband even stronger.
- Dinky: I like the new guy. But he keeps looking around like someone's going to sucker-punch him. Which is smart if someone's going to sucker-punch you, but a waste of looking if someone's not.
- He'll relax once he gets out of the field. Then, he'll fit right in.
- Euryale: Soure's got potential. I like him. And it'll be nice to have another magic-user in the warband again.
- Good. When you don't like people, they usually don't stick around very long.
- Maverick: I'm liking the new guy. He gets the job done without drawing attention away from me.
- Getting the job done's the main thing. Soure will work out fine.
- Reeva: Soure's okay by me. But fighting's only part of the puzzle. Put a flagon of whiskey in his hand and command him to dance. That'll prove if he's really one of us.
- Let's stick to combat missions for now. Don't want to overwhelm him.
Approaching Flame Legion Camp:
- Clawspur: You don't talk much, cub. I respect that.
- Dinky: Don't be so glum. Things are dark enough already, and you just make it worse.
- Euryale: You can be sad if you want. Just make the enemy sadder.
- Maverick: Quit dragging your tail, Soure! You're with real soldiers now!
- Reeva: Follow my lead, Soure! Kill hard, kill fast, and keep smiling!
Cinematic with Flame Recruiter Szagur:
- Flame Recruiter Szagur: We had a deal. Without a warband to back you up, you're dead meat.
- <Character name>: I made Soure a better offer. Stand aside, or—
- Flame Recruiter Szagur: Or what? Save your empty threats. It's too bad, really. You could've had more power than in your wildest dreams, Soure.
- Soure Doomsday: My dreams involve a barrel of whiskey, an Ash Legion minx, and you, dead at my feet. Time to make that last one a reality.
After the cinematic:
- Flame Recruiter Szagur: Kill them all! I'll add this legionnaire's tail to my collection!
Talking to Soure during the fight:
- Soure Doomsday: The Flame Legion wanted me for my magic. I had no choice. They'd have killed me if I said no.
- Repay me in Flame corpses, and we'll call it even.
During the fight:
- Clawspur: Nice, Soure. Maybe we do have room for another magic-user.
- Dinky: Look at Soure go! Let's see how the Flame Legion likes being killed by magic!
- Euryale: Moody, maudlin, and mad at the world—I like this Soure!
- Maverick: Not bad...for a spell-slinger.
- Reeva: Loosen up, cub! Stop overthinking and just kill it!
- Flame Recruiter Szagur: Burn you! You made me bleed my own blood!
- Flame Recruiter Szagur: Enough! I'll skin you alive and wear your pelt like a robe.
Cinematic after defeating Szagur:
- Soure Doomsday: You saved my tail.
- <Character name>: If I had any doubts about offering you a spot, you just crushed them flat. We could use ten of you.
- Soure Doomsday: You don't need ten. Just me, and that barrel of whiskey.
- <Character name>: That can be arranged.
Speaking to your sparring partner:
- Clawspur: Nice. A new recruit, and more dead Flame. Good day.
- Agreed. Let's head out.
- Dinky: Soure's really nice! And he knows how to roast mushmellows. Good choice, boss.
- He can roast Flame Legion, too. That's what I care about. Come on, let's get out of here.
- Euryale: Hm. I'm not so sure about this Soure. He fights well, but he's got a temper. Can we trust him?
- We trust you, right? C'mon, Euryale. Give him a chance.
- Maverick: Well, Soure's no Maverick, but I'll guess he'll do.
- You're the only Maverick. And really, you expect him to live up to that? Psh.
- Reeva: Oh, I like Soure a lot. He's smart! More smart always helps. Don't you think?
- Agreed. Let's head out.
Talking to Soure Doomsday:
- Soure Doomsday: It means a lot that you trusted me. You won't be sorry. I'll spend every day to repay your trust, I swear it.
You were trained as a covert operative, right? What does that mean? (Brute)
- It was supposed to mean I rooted out Flame that were operating within the citadel, but it all got turned around, and they found me first.
- Not your fault, but make sure it doesn't happen again. Now, move out.
Your old warband thought you were going to turn traitor?
- Maybe. Or maybe they never liked me in the first place, and this was a good excuse. Either way, I'm better off with you.
- Good to know. Move out.
Why do you think it was a good idea to join the Flame Legion?
- It wasn't my idea! The only reason they didn't kill me when they found out I knew they were operating in the citadel is because they thought they could recruit me. I didn't actually want to join!
- That makes sense. Well, it's all behind us now, so let's drop it.
- I'll be counting on it.