Prevent the assassination of Blood Legion Centurion Volante Tornpaw.
- Contact Wroda the Quick.
- Convince Volante Tornpaw that she is in danger.
- Defeat the Flame legion assassins.
Click here to edit the reward data
- All professions
- One of three fine chest armor: Ringmail Armor, Scale Hauberk, or Chainmail Armor
- One of three fine chest armor: Rawhide Vest, Marksman's Jerkin, or Studded Leather Vest
- One of three fine chest armor: Linen Garment, Velvet Coat, or Cloth Coat
Travel to Temperus Point in Charr's Triumph and talk to Wroda The Quick. Next speak with Centurion Volante Tornpaw. After yelling at you and Wroda she will prepare for the attack. A group of Iron Legion imposters will approach & talk to Volante. They then drop the disguise and attack. You will fight off 4-5 waves of attackers, ending in a fight with a Veteran Flame Legion Lava Shaman. Once the battle is over, Volante kicks Wroda out of her warband. Wroda is then invited to join the player's warband.
- Flame Legion
When entering the instance:
- Clawspur: I'm trained to kill, not to save, but I can handle this. Lead on.
- Dinky: A bashing mission. My favorite. I got this. Stand back and watch me, boss!
- Euryale: Go in, meet contact, warn centurion, kill Flame Legion. I can get behind this mission!
- Maverick: So we're protecting a Blood Legion centurion? Hold on—this place is familiar.
- Reeva: Time to find that contact and save a Blood centurion.
Talking to sparring partner:
- Clawspur: This is a Blood Legion camp. Going in's a stroll. But one false move, and getting out's a gauntlet. Be ready.
- We're doing them a favor. They may not like us, but they won't kill us.
- Dinky: So, I'm wondering. If one of these charr uses a mace instead of a sword, should we call them "Bruise Legion" instead?
- Might be best not to ask them that question. Come on and stick close.
- Euryale: I hope they try something. I'm ready. One flinch, one raised weapon, one threatening sneeze and I'll blow them all to the Mists.
- We need to convince the Blood we're here to help, so keep happy thoughts.
- Maverick: Volante? Oh, no. I dated a Volante once. This is going to be awful. It's the price I pay for breaking a thousand hearts. You do all the talking. Maybe she won't recognize me.
- Just keep quiet, "Heartbreaker," and I'll get us out of here in no time.
- Reeva: Ooh, Blood Legion. I've always liked their armor. So bright and red. Like a warm, cozy sunset on the battlefield.
- Poetic, but that sunset's a bloody one. Do me a favor; stick close.
Talking to Wroda the Quick (cinematic):
- <Character name>: I'm looking for Wroda the Quick. I need to talk to her right away.
- Wroda the Quick: Keep it down! I'm Wroda, and if these Blood Legion soldiers see us together, they'll know something's up.
- <Character name>: Flame Legion assassins are on their way to kill Centurion Tornpaw, disguised as Iron Legion. We have to warn the centurion.
- Wroda the Quick: Centurion Tornpaw is in the command tent--just look for the meanest soldier there. But good luck convincing her, she's full of spit and rumble.
- <Character name>: I'll do my best.
Talking to Wroda the Quick:
- Wroda the Quick: Another Flame Legion power-grab. We've seen what happens when they go unchecked. Glad we're here to stop them.
Tell me more about yourself.
- I was trained for infiltration since I was in the fahrar. Tribune Torga helped me infiltrate Blood Legion as a gladius, and then I joined Volante's warband. It's worked out well so far.
Volante doesn't know you report to Tribune Desertgrave?
- Nope. Still doesn't, and that's the way I like it. She thinks my loyalties are with the Blood Legion.
- So you're an infiltrator? (Same as "Tell me more about yourself")
- Noted. I'll keep that information quiet. Let's move out and talk to Volante.
- I understand. Let's talk more after the operation.
Tell me more about Volante.
- She's mean, angry cuss. Can't keep people in her warband becuse
- Volante doesn't know you report to Tribune Desertgrave?
- And we will. Let's go.
Approaching Centurion Tornpaw:
- Centurion Volante Tornpaw: When our last enemy lies dead at our feet and the true Khan-Ur steps forward, which legion will command all others?
- Legionnaire Septima Swiftpaw: Blood! Blood! Blood!
- Legionnaire Castor Crushpaw: Blood! Blood! Blood!
Talking to Blood Legion NPCs before fight with Flame Legion:
- Blood Legion Soldier: Who let you in here?
- Blood Legion Soldier: Get away from me. You stink like Ash.
- Blood Legion Soldier: Go away.
- Blood Legion Soldier: Back off, Ash trash. I don't like sneaks.
- Blood Legion Soldier: Yeah, you're about what I expect from the Trash Legion.
- Legionnaire Septima Swiftpaw: Why are you sneaking around like some Trash Legion infiltrator?
- Legionnaire Castor Crushpaw: You don't smell like Blood. Are you Ash? You stink like Ash to me.
Talking to Centurion Tornpaw (cinematic):
- <Character name>: Centurion! Tribune Desertgrave of Ash sent me to warn you. Flame Legion assassins have targeted you for elimination.
- Centurion Volante Tornpaw: An Ash soldier? In my camp? Ah... Wroda. I suspected you were one of Torga's spies. Get out of my sight, both of you, before I pull your teeth and use 'em as caltrops.
- <Character name>: Aren't you listening? I just said that the Flame Legion has stolen uniforms and equipment to disguise themselves as Iron. They're coming to kill you.
- Centurion Volante Tornpaw: I heard you, but I'm not Ash-trash. I don't snivel like a scaredy-cat at the first sign of danger. Now, tell me their plan.
- <Character name>: War between Blood and Iron. They think your death will break the alliance, and they have a well-planned attack coming. You need to be ready.
- Centurion Volante Tornpaw: I always am. You two stick around and you'll see. I'll even let you mop up after the fight.
As the Impostors approach and during the battle
- Centurion Volante Tornpaw: We have visitors. Show them a Blood Legion welcome!
- Iron Legion Imposter: Why the show of force, Blood Legion? Is this a declaration of war?
- Centurion Volante Tornpaw: Yeah - war against the Flame Legion, you cowardly, lying scum. Prepare to die!
- Iron Legion Impostor: Burn me - they're ready for us! Lose the disguise!
- Centurion Volante Tornpaw: More of the fiends! Form up, Blood Legion!
- Centurion Volante Tornpaw: What's that?
- Centurion Volante Tornpaw: It's about to get ugly.
- Centurion Volante Tornpaw: Victory!
After the battle (cinematic):
- Centurion Volante Tornpaw: That was harder than I thought. Hmph. I'm forced to be grateful to Tribune Desertgrave...whether I like it or not.
- Wroda the Quick: Centurion, I'd like to explain-
- Centurion Volante Tornpaw: Shut it, Wroda. How long have you been Torga's pawn? You're a spy and a traitor. You're lucky I don't gut you where you stand!
- Centurion Volante Tornpaw: I strip you of Blood Legion rank. You're finished, gladium. Now get out of here.
- <Character name>: I'm sorry, Wroda. I don't know what you're planing to do, but I have an idea: join my warband.
- <Character name>: You're loyal enough to out yourself as a spy just to keep a centurion safe, and that's the kind of soldier I need.
- Wroda the Quick: Hey, you're the one who had the initiative to stop the Flame Legion. I'd be honored to join your team.
- <Character name>: Outstanding. Pack up your gear, and I'll see you at the Black Citadel.
Talking to Blood Legion NPCs after fight with Flame Legion:
- Blood Legion Soldier: I guess you're all right.
- Blood Legion Soldier: I didn't think the Ash Legion could fight. Looks like I was wrong.
- Blood Legion Soldier: Good work.
- Blood Legion Soldier: Hmm. You do nice work
- Blood Legion Soldier: Guess you're not so bad after all, Tra-uh, Ash Legion.
- Legionnaire Septima Swiftpaw: Guess I misjudged you. Good work
- Legionnaire Castor Crushpaw: Nice work, saving our centurion like that. Maybe you Ash trash are good for something after all.
Talking with your sparring partner:
- Clawspur: You're kinder to Wroda than I would be. But I guess you're right. We could use her. Just don't let her get in my way.
- She's an investment in our warband's future. You'll see.
- Dinky: Wroda's going to join us? That's great. Do you think she'll like me?
- Everyone likes you, Dinky. And she'll be an asset to the warbnd.
- Euryale: Hm. I don't like the way that Volante treated Wroda. Makes me angry to see loyalty rewarded with the boot.
- I agree. Let's make sure Wroda has a good home with us. We could use her help.
- Maverick: Volante recognized me. I know it. Did you see how her eyes devoured me. I felt like meat. Meat!
- It's the curse of being dashing. Let's go, before Volante finds a fork.
- Reeva: Oh, well done. I like Wroda. She'll keep me company. It'll be fun. I can tell.
- I agree. We'll give her a place where she can shine.
Talking to the your allies:
- Wroda the Quick: Thanks again for taking me in. I'll collect my gear and join you and the others back at the Black Citadel.
Good. You may even find a friendly face - we already have one former Blood soldier.
- I was never Blood Legion. I've always been Ash, but I was infiltration Blood to make sure Tribune Desertgrave knew what they up to. Can't do that anymore, now that my cover's blown.
Are you backing out, Wroda? Want to go back to the infiltration business?
- No, sir. I retract my compliant!
- At ease, Wroda. See you back at the barracks.
Ash often finds useful things where others overlook them.
- Good point, Legionnaire <Character name>.
- See you back at the barracks.
You're an asset to this warband, Wroda. That's what matters most.
- I love it. Thanks for giving me a home!
- Head out while I report in.
- I need soldiers I can count on. See you back at the barracks.
Tell me more about yourself.
- Sure. What do you want to know?
How did you end up with Blood Legion?
- I was trained for infiltration since I was in the fahrar. Tribune Torga helped me infiltrate Blood Legion as a gladius, and then I joined Volante's warband. I reported to Torga regulary.
How'd you get your nickname "the Quick"?
- I was fast with a weapon. Faster than most Blood! It's one way I convinced them I was born into their legion.
- What's it like being in infiltration? Is it tough pretending to be someone else?
- You'll be an excellent addition to the warband.
What's it like being in infiltration? Is it tough pretending to be someone else?
- Tribune Desertgrave called me one day. Said she noticed my skills and thought I'd make a good long-term spy. So I did it, and as it turns out, she was right.
- And your nickname? "The Quick"?
- Understood I'll see you back at the Ash quarters in the Canton Factorium.
- Centurion Volante Tornpaw: Now what? I appreciate your tip about the assassins, but I won't tolerate Ash spies in my warband. Wroda's out.
That's your call, but Wroda saved you. She deserves respect, if not thanks.
- You've got more guts than smarts, Legionnaire. But at least you don't skulk through conversations like Ash soldiers. Wroda will be fine with you.
- We agree on that. Good-bye, Centurion.
Understood. But the legions don't have to be at each other's throats.
- No, but you don't make centurion by letting things slide. Ash is lucky I let their spy go in one piece.
- And you're lucky that spy saved your life. Excuse me. I should go.
And I appreciate that. She'll be a fine addition to my warband.
- You can wipe that smirk off your snout. Wroda showed me the depth of her loyalty. You can have her.
- That's good news for Ash and for Wroda. And me. Good-bye, Centurion.
- As you say, Centurion.
- That's your call, but Wroda saved you. She deserves respect, if not thanks.
- Centurion Volante Tornpaw: Hit the road. I've got wounded to take care of. Don't you have shadows to lurk in or allies to spy on?
- As you say, Centurion.
- Wroda will join your warband at the end of this mission.