Digging Up Answers
Digging Up Answers
Steal the research from the Inquest.
- Meet Kurokhan
- Search the dredge mine for the Inquest.
- Catch the Inquest before they escape the tunnel.
- Take the research notes.
Travel to the Black Citadel to debrief with the representatives of the orders of Tyria.
- Regroup with Rytlock and the order representatives in Hero's Canton.
- Decide how to proceed.
Click here to edit the reward data
- All professions
- One of the following: Mending Helm, Strong Helm, Penetrating Helm
- One of the following: Mending Mask, Strong Hat, Penetrating Mask
- One of the following: Mending Circlet, Strong Masque, Penetrating Masque
Travel to Mennerheim, where you will be instructed to intercept the Inquest in Molengrad. Shortly after entering the dredge mine, you will encounter a team of Inquest to defeat, including a Supply Cart that will start rolling towards the mine's northern exit. Quickly dispose of the inquest group, then pursue and destroy the cart: skills/abilities that can slow, immobilise or knock the cart back into the mine will be useful here.
When destroyed, the cart will drop some "Research Notes", pick these up to trigger a cut scene with Korukan the Blacksmith, and complete the mission.
- Crusader Gahn Towerbreaker
- Korukhan the Blacksmith
- Rytlock Brimstone
- Scholar Yahala Scribepaw
- Standard instance NPCs
On entering instance (speech bubble):
- Clawspur: If this Korukhan were less chatty, I'd want him around permanently.
- Dinky: Why do they call Korukhan "the blacksmith"? I've never seen him smith anything black.
- Euryale: I don't trust that Korukhan. He's always smiling like he knows something we don't.
- Maverick: Burn that Korukhan. His "charming, mysterious stranger" act is stepping on the adoration of me.
- Reeva: I could be a Whispers agent. So long as the whispery part is optional.
Speaking with Korukhan (cinematic):
- Korukhan the Blacksmith: The Inquest did their crystal research in that dredge mine. They're down there now, sterilizing the site to remove any trace they were ever here.
- Korukhan the Blacksmith: The Inquest got where it is by stealing others' research and murdering the competition. Ready to give them a taste of their own medicine?
- <Character name>: I'm ready for anything that will settle this amulet business and lead me to Howl. Nobody messes with my warband, not even after they're dead.
- Korukhan the Blacksmith: Your fallen comrade is already part of this case, so solving it will tell us what happened to him. Shall we begin?
Speaking with your allies:
- Korukhan the Blacksmith: The Inquest had to commandeer this dredge mine to complete their research. Bad for the moles, good for us. Whoever's still alive down there won't be expecting visitors.
What can you tell me about the Inquest?
- They're like other asura, only with fewer scruples. None, in fact. They're sneaky, but they know how to get rough if the situation calls for it.
- So do we. Let's show them how it's done.
- As far as I'm concerned, they're all just obstacles. Let's clear 'em out.
- Clawspur: Haven't killed many dredge before. Or asura.
- If we're sneaky, we might not have to. And I know you like sneaky.
- Dinky: Why do they call themselves the Inquest, anyway? Can't they dip their quills in any direction?
- "IN-quest," Dinky. Not "INK-west."
- Euryale: I know we're playing it covert this time, but say the word and I'll get overt. No way I'm letting these ditch-diggers get the drop on you.
- Thanks, Reeva
- Maverick: I was not made for this kind of work. You don't hide the Mav underground, you wave him high in the air like a victory banner!
- We're keeping this one quiet, Mav. That means low profile...for now.
- Reeva: I think asura are cute, in an ugly sort of way. haven't dealt with the Inquest much, though.
- They're the enemy. Treat them accordingly, and don't be fooled by their size.
Approaching Inquisitor Dabb:
- Inquisitor Dabb: Combat detail! Time to go to work! Defend the caravan!
- Inquisitor Dabb: Time for some mechanized mayhem. Golems! Attack!
- Inquisitor Dabb: This place is like a child's play room. Wreck it, then regroup at the rendezvous point!
- Inquisitor Dabb: Mobility, you cretins! It's all about mobility! Caravan, move out!
- Inquest Technician: We've got company! Pulverize them!
On picking up the research notes (cinematic):
- <Character name>: I've found something. Are these the research results we were after?
- Korukhan the Blacksmith: Let me see. Yes, you found them. There's quite a bit of useful information here—and a few Inquest secrets that my "blacksmithing" friends can put to good use.
- <Character name>: What else do they say?
- Korukhan the Blacksmith: Not here. I'll fill you in back at the citadel. With these results and the help of the other orders, we should be able to wrap this up.
Speaking to your allies after cinematic:
- Korukhan the Blacksmith: Well done, Centurion. Once we get these plans back to my people, we'll have all the info we need to move forward.
- Good. I'll meet you back at the citadel.
- Clawspur: Those Inquest types are obnoxious.
- Very true, but we can use their research. Let's get back to the citadel.
- Dinky: I don't think I like being underground. Kicking those evil little guys with the big ears was fun, though.
- It was indeed. Let's get back to the citadel.
- Euryale: I guess sneaking our way in is ok...as long as we get to kill our way out.
- Works for me. Let's head back to the citadel.
- Maverick: Ha! those Inquest geeks thought they could hide a whole massacre underground, but there's nowhere they can hide from us!
- Especially not when Howl's involved. Let's head back to the citadel.
- Reeva: I'm not much of a reader, but killing those Inquest for their papers was fun.
- It was. Now let's get those papers back to the citadel.
When approaching Rytlock and the order representatives:
- Scholar Yahala Scribepaw: The Durmand Priory is looking forward to working with the citadel on this, Tribune.
- Korukhan the Blacksmith: As is the Order of Whispers. The dragons want us to come at them individually. That's why we shouldn't do it.
- Rytlock Brimstone: Glad to have you both aboard. We're going to need reliable information from here on.
- Rytlock Brimstone: Not to sell the Vigil short. Their firepower is always an asset.
- Crusader Gahn Towerbreaker: No need to flatter me, Tribune. I know research isn't the Vigil's strong suit.
- Crusader Gahn Towerbreaker: As long as what we're doing eventually leads to the dragons, we don't mind taking a back seat. Temporarily.
Speaking to Rytlock (cinematic):
- Rytlock Brimstone: Eager to hear your report, Centurion. We're seeing an increase in undead attacks all over the region. Safe to say Rissa's amulets are responsible?
- <Character name>: We've learned that they're connected to the Orrian dragon. They turn their owners into undead and draw other undead to them.
- Crusader Gahn Towerbreaker: The Vigil has one of the amulets stashed in our HQ. Are you saying that my people are in danger?
- Scholar Yahala Scribepaw: You militant types ought to be used to that by now. With so many innocents at stake, the Vigil can defend itself.
- Scholar Yahala Scribepaw: The Priory is working on a way to detect the amulets. We'll use our device to stop the next outbreak before it starts.
- Crusader Gahn Towerbreaker: And if the Vigil falls, who will defend all those innocents it already protects?
- Korukhan the Blacksmith: And while you're working that out, I'll withdraw to confer with my superiors. You have a tough choice ahead of you, Centurion. What's it going to be?
Speaking to allies after cinematic:
- Crusader Gahn Towerbreaker: They threaten Vigil headquarters itself. Come defend it with me, and I promise the Vigil will set out in force to collect the necromancer's amulets...and help you find your missing warband member.
- Defending the Keep.)
Done. I'll help defend your comrades, you'll help find mine. (Leads to
- I knew I could count on you, soldier. See you at Gendarran Fields, where we'll put these undead down for good.
- I'll be there.
- I need more time to decide.
- Scholar Yahala Scribepaw: The Vigil has no idea what they're doing. Our detector is the only way to save lives and find out what happened to your former warband member. It's the only choice.
- Undead Detection.)
- Outside Junction Haven. I'll have the Priory's locator device. Together, we'll find the next amulet before it does any harm.
- See you there.
- I need more time to decide.