The Flame Legion is making an all-out assault on the Black Citadel. The invasion is well-planned and stands to succeed...unless your warband takes out the rearguard that is supporting the frontline troops.
— In-game description
The Flame Legion is preparing to attack the Black Citadel.
- Advance your warband into position.
- Flame Legion siege weapons destroyed: x/3
- Kill the Flame Legion Shamans and their bodyguards.
- Regroup with your warband.
Click here to edit the reward data
- All professions
After the cinematic, you order your warband to take their positions with a rifle and mortar. You then gain the Centurion effect, which in turn grants you three special skills: Drop Med Pack, Signal Mortar and Call Shot. Use the latter two to take out trebuchets and shamans, then clean up the remaining mobs. Keep an eye out for patrols as they can overwhelm you.
- Chosen sparring partner:
- Chosen warband recruit:
- Elexus Shredskin
- Flame Legion Ammo Runner
- Flame Legion Axe Fiend
- Flame Legion Blademaster
- Flame Legion Bladestorm
- Flame Legion Fire Shaman
- Flame Legion Lava Shaman
- Flame Legion Shadowblade
- Flame Legion Siegemaster
- Flame Legion Smoke Shaman
- Flame Legion Stalker
Cinematic with warband:
- <Character name>: Listen up! A Flame Legion platoon is marching against the Black Citadel. Tribune Brimstone will engage the main enemy force while we take out the rear guard.
- (If completed The End of the Line)
- <Character name>: Fyon, you're on the mortar. Wait till we mark target with green smoke, then light them up.
- Fyon the Wraith: Roger that. Why, I was putting mortars on-target when you were still gnawing marrowbones in the fahrar.
- (If completed Magic Users)
- <Character name>: Soure, you're on the mortar. Wait till we mark target with green smoke, then light them up.
- Soure Doomsday: You got it, boss. Blowing stuff up at long range is my specialty.
- <Charactrer name>: Elexus, you're our sniper. Pick a spot where you can cover the entire battlefield. We'll call your targets and you ventilate them.
- Elexus Shredskin: With pleasure. And if it takes me more than one shot per kill, you can shave the word 'loser' into my fur.
- <Character name>: All right. We do this fast, we do this right, and everybody comes home in one piece. You get me? Now, move out!
Talking to your sparring partner:
- Clawspur: I'm ready. My blade is sharp and I've got an itchy dagger finger. This is what we train for, right?
- Right. Stick close to me, and we'll see this through.
- Dinky: I haven't been this excited since I figured out the difference between a mouse and a hamster. You just have to flip 'em over and-
- Actually, the difference is the tale. Now come on, let's go kick some.
- Euryale: This is what we live for, eh? The smell of smoke and the sound mortars wafting through the air. The blood on your blade and the wind in your fur.
- We're living our dream. Come on, let's go help them live their nightmare.
- Maverick: This is it. You nervous? Not me. I'm undefeatable. I guess I could be more modest, but I'll leave modesty to those who have something to be modest about.
- You've got enough cocky for a dozen of legions. Let's go put it to use.
- Reeva: Weapon? Check. Armor? Right. Warband? The best in the world. Bring 'em on, boss. I'm ready.
- Stay close. Let's show the tribune his faith was well-placed.
After your warband members are in position:
- Elexus Shredskin: I'm in position and standing by for your signal, boss.
- <Mortar operator>: In position. Standing by to bring the pain.
Talking to your back line warband members:
- Elexus Shredskin: Shouldn't you be down on the battlefield? This is sniping range, right?
- Right. On my way.
- <Mortar operator>: Shouldn't you be down on the battlefield?
- Right. On my way.
When you use call shot to call for sniping:
- Elexus Shredskin: Target neutralized. Right between the eyes.
- Elexus Shredskin: Taking the shot.
- Elexus Shredskin: Confirmed hit, upper torso. Target down.
- Elexus Shredskin: Kill confirmed.
When you signal for mortar support:
- <Mortar operator>: Mark confirmed, raining death.
- <Mortar operator>: Have visual on smoke. Shot's away. Stand clear.
- <Mortar operator>: Confirm smoke, firing for effect.
- Clawspur: I like working with snipers. We point; the enemy dies.
- Clawspur: Too many live Flame Legion here. Let's fix that.
- Dinky: These Flame mutts ain't so big! Let's push 'em down and take their lunch money!
- Dinky: Start the music, boss! Let's see these mongrels dance!
- Euryale: I'll gut them all. Nobody shells my city!
- Euryale: Pop smoke, boss! Make it rain Flame Legion body parts!
- Maverick: Snipers and mortars are fine, but the real meat of battle...is up close.
- Maverick: How will we get noticed for our medals if Brimstone is so far away?
- Reeva: Lead the way, boss! I'm ready for action!
- Reeva: Those siege weapons are doing some serious damage. Let's get to work!
Cinematic after destroying siege weapons and killing Flame Legion shamans:
- Elexus Shredskin: All clear, boss. The Flame Legion's rear guard is officially out of commission.
- <Character name>: Outstanding. Fall in. This warband is tail-clear, soldiers. We're heading back to the citadel for a hot meal.
- Elexus Shredskin: Best warband in the legion! Hoo-ah!
- <Character name>: Damn right. Never let anyone tell you different.
Talking to your warband members:
- Clawspur: That was a good time. Are there any left?
- Looks like we got 'em all. Next time, I'll prolong the battle just for you.
- Dinky: We did it! We did it! Not let's get to the celebrating part of the fight, because I'm ready to get rowdy.
- You've earned it. We all have. This warband deserves a little "us" time.
- Euryale: Feels good to get a little our own back-for those who died. You've become an excellent leader. I'm proud to follow you.
- Kind words? From you? I'll mark this day. Thanks.
- Maverick: No one believed in us. No one thought we had a chance. Everyone counted us out. But good old Maverick proved 'em all wrong.
- They won't underestimate us again. Now go scrub blood off your boots.
- Reeva: You were right. We did it. If I wasn't already your biggest fan, I would be after this victory.
- It wasn't just me. It was all of us, together. This warband did it.
- Elexus Shredskin: We did it! Well done, Legionnaire <character name>!
Steelbane can eat my furballs! We're a hundred times the warband he would have made!!
- Three cheers for Blood Legion and for our legionnaire!
- Thanks. I really appreciate that.!
We are, and we'll keep getting better. Count on it!
- You've done great, Legionnaire <Character name>. I'm proud to serve with you.
- It's my honor, soldier.
- Well done!
- Fyon the Wraith: Hell of a fight. Reminded me of the glory days of my youth.
- Those days aren't gone yet, Fyon. The best is yet to come.
- Soure Doomsday: You were right! This is one fantastic warband!
- I told you so. It's only going to get better from here on out. Wait and see.
Upon completing this mission: