From Guild Wars 2 WikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Black Citadel
- Connects to
- Perimeter Loop (E)
The Bane (W)
Click to enlarge.
The Imperator's Core is a large spherical structure that resides in the center of the Black Citadel. It overlooks the Bane and contains the offices of the Tribunes stationed in Ascalon, as well as the office of Imperator Smodur the Unflinching.
- Imperator's Waypoint —
- Points of Interest
- Ash Tribune Quarters — (instance)
- Blood Tribune Quarters — (instance)
- Citadel Stockade — (instance)
- Iron Tribune Quarters — (inside The Command Core)
- The War Council — (inside The Command Core)
- Instance entrances
- Ash Tribune Quarters
- Blood Tribune Quarters
- Citadel Stockade
- The Command Core
- Adamant Guard
- Ash Legion Scout
- Ash Legion Spy
- Ash Legion Soldier
- Blood Legion Soldier
- Coloa Stonecrack
- Dayol Stormwatcher
- Historian Goshkia
- Irena Airblade
- Iron Legion Engineer
- Iron Legion Soldier
- Makk the Silent
- Old Soldier
- Ongar Steelknuckle
- Sinestra Burngunner
- Smolt Copperscald
- Tribune Fierhan Sparwind
- Vix Scapegoat
- Comidus (Tier 1)
- Eliana (Tier 2)
- Master Strategist Rego
- Scyllix (Tier 3)
- Vitas Quickeye
- Irena Airblade: These soldiers all trained hard at the fahrar, son.
- Fost: They look mean.
- Irena Airblade: Don't worry. Your primus will teach you how to look mean like that too.
- Fost: How come I can't be a farmer, like you, Mother?
- Irena Airblade: You may be, my boy. You'll discover your talents at the fahrar, and then we'll see.
- Fost: I wish Father was here.
- Irena Airblade: Your father's very proud of you, but he had work to do. You'll see him again soon. I promise.
- Blood Legion Soldier: There's whiskey, and then there's charr whiskey. I once saw a human try to drink charr whiskey. Ha! He never got his voice back!
- Ash Legion Soldier: Those weak-willed fools in the Flame Legion are blinded by the lie of faith! We'll teach them the error of their ways.
- Ash Legion Soldier: I been to the Bane many times, but I ain't never seen them open the iris in the floor for underwater combat.
- Citizen: Ah, rabbit jerky. That hits the spot.
- Soldier: If you cannot kill an animal, blind it or break a leg. Make it regret fighting you.
- Soldier: I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.
- Soldier: I don't think I've noticed this view before. Impressive.
- Citizen (1): Why aren't we winning this war? Why isn't it over already?
- Citizen (2): We need better leaders.
- Citizen (1): What we need is a new Khan-Ur.
- Citizen (2): Yeah, once we've got a Khan-Ur again, nothing's going to stop us.
- Citizen: The city of ours is the greatest in the world. The pinnacle of charr achievement.
- Adamant Guard (1): Well said, citizen, but we're not done yet.
- Adamant Guard (2): Hardly. This is the greatest in the world, and it's only going to get greater.
- Citizen: Sometimes I wish I was cut out for front-line duty, but like my primus always said: you can't pick your talents.
- Blood Legion Soldier: We need to be careful how much we praise our engineering advances. Worship of anything, even technology, is utter madness.
- Soldier (1): You hear anything from the front lines?
- Soldier (2): Flame Legion's still fighting. The line's moving back. Slowly.
- Soldier (3): We have to snuff them out once and for all and stomp on the ashes.
- Citizen: This place is beautiful. Be even better without other races tromping here.
- Citizen: When I get some time off, I'm gonna come back here.
- Citizen: Hrm, a little raw rabbit would hit the spot. It's a little bitter, but delicious.
- Citizen: Give me what you have. Time is wasting.
- Soldier (1): Have you tried that new military-grade jerky they developed in Rata Sum?
- Soldier (2): No. How is it?
- Soldier (1): Too dry. Too thick. Not enough juice. Reminds me of bone.
- Iron Legion Engineer (1): I was taught never to question orders.
- Iron Legion Engineer (2): You were taught right. Fulfilling orders is your destination.
- Iron Legion Engineer (2): Sometimes, however, you should question which road will get you there most efficiently.
- Iron Legion Engineer (2): The most obvious one isn't always best.
- Citizen: You're in the Blood Legion?
- Blood Legion Soldier: I am. I fought with Rytlock himself on the front lines.
- Citizen: Then I'm buying you a drink.
- Citizen (1): I saw you at dinner last night. How you can eat that stuff?
- Citizen (2): Meat's meat, and a charr's got to eat.
- Soldier (1): Flame Legion's gone too far. They ought to have been wiped long ago.
- Soldier (2): You know what they say: cut off a snake's head, and the body dies.
- Soldier (1): Yeah. All we have to do is chop off Gaheron's head.
- Within the Blood Tribune Quarters
When Rytlock is present
- Blood Legion Centurion: The Smokestead repairs are taking longer than expected, sir.
- Blood Legion Centurion: It's like breaking open an old log: once the damage is done, all sorts of nasty things start crawling out.
- Rytlock Brimstone: I think a little incentive is in order. Requisition a keg of Ol' Tank Oil stout, on my authority.
- Rytlock Brimstone: Offer it to the warband that works the hardest, and give them my regards. Dismissed!
- Rytlock Brimstone: I'm very busy, Centurion. Deliver your report.
- Blood Legion Centurion: Sir. We took out a Flame Legion squad near Lake Adorea. The last survivor...immolated himself rather than be questioned.
- Rytlock Brimstone: Fanatics will do that. Then again, this may indicate that something bigger is brewing.
- Rytlock Brimstone: Double the lakeshore patrols. And take at least two prisoners alive from now on, just in case.
When Rytlock is not present
- Blood Legion Centurion: I have a message for Tribune Brimsone. Where is he?
- Laria Sharpeye: He's not in, Centurion. Leave the message with me, I'll see that the tribune gets it.
- Blood Legion Centurion: Leave it? With a cub like you? Ha! I'll take this to Fierhan Sparwind instead.
- Laria Sharpeye: If you like. Both tribunes hate it when you treat them interchangeably, of course, but you know best.
- Blood Legion Centurion: On second thought...here, take the message. And don't tell the tribune about this, okay?
- Laria Sharpeye: Wouldn't dream of it, Centurion. Have a nice day.
- Blood Legion Centurion: So you're Brimstone's little aide-de-camp. You're hardly more than a cub.
- Laria Sharpeye: I'm old enough to perform my duties with distinction, sir. And I may be smaller than you, but I'm hardly "little."
- Blood Legion Centurion: Ooh, fiesty! If you ever want to work for a real officer, come join my warband.
- Laria Sharpeye: I don't think Tribune Brimsone would allow it, sir. But you can ask him in person when he returns, if you like.
- Blood Legion Centurion: Oh...well, never mind, then. It's your loss. I'll speak with the tribune some other time.
- Within the Citadel Stockade
- Seneca the Relentless: You there! Give me any more lip, and I'll cut off your paws.
- Seneca the Relentless: You eat when I say you eat. You work when I say you work. Got that?
- Within The Command Core
- Bhuer Goreblade: Erracus! Where in the flames is my flathead screwdriver? The little one!
- Erracus the Wise: Same place I ALWAYS put it, Tribune. On your desk. It's probably under all that junk.
- Bhuer Goreblade: You're lucky I tolerate your insubordination, Erracus. I could kick you into the Bane for less than that!
- Erracus the Wise: And I'd kick your tail! You may not be a cub, but I'd whup you all the same, haha! And then salute you. Sir!
- Bhuer Goreblade: Haha! Keep on thinking that, if it keeps you organizing my stuff. At ease!
- Iron Legionnaire: You hear about the battle at Smokestead? They say it was nearly a rout out there.
- Iron Legion Soldier: Yeah, more than one warband got smashed. But it had its share of heroes, too!
- Iron Legionnaire: True. I did hear about one warband. Also, Tribune Brimstone went up against Barradin himself!
- Iron Legion Soldier: Wish I could been there. Seeing that'd almost be worth getting killed for.