Her. Her name is Aurene.
— The Pact Commander
Aurene, referred to as "Glint's Second Scion" by Ruka the Wanderer, is a dragon hatchling that resides in the Inner Chamber of Tarir. While it is too soon to tell if she has gained all of the her mother's abilities, she is able to gift the Pact Commander with various skills and is able to warn of future events in the form of visions, even while unhatched. This is seen in her granting the Pact Commander a vision of Zojja and Logan in the clutches of Mordremoth and a second time of her imminent hatching and of the coming attack from Primordus's minions upon her emerging from the egg. Aurene is currently being guarded by Caithe to ensure her safety from any other impending threats.
- See also: Glint's Egg
Aurene hatched in 1329 AE, a few months after absorbing some of the magic from the Elder Dragon Mordremoth's death. Her hatching attracted the Elder Dragon Primordus's Destroyers which assaulted her sanctum to get to her. Thanks to the combined efforts of the Pact Commander, the Luminate of the Exalted and the mursaat Lazarus, the Destroyers were thwarted. Afterwards, the Commander named Aurene, and the Commander's sylvari ally Caithe pledged herself to act as the hatchling's guardian during the Commander's absence.
Aurene formed a close bond with the Commander, sending visions of herself through great distances via the mental link they now shared. The Commander stopped by in Tarir in between missions and helped the rambunctious hatchling undergo a series of Exalted tests to teach her valuable life lessons and thus steer her towards the path of goodness rather than selfishness so that she could one day become a great ally to the races of Tyria.
- Auric Basin
- Inside Precocious Aurene (personal instance)
- Aurene looks up at you adoringly.
- Smile at Aurene to show your affection.
- Play catch with Aurene.
- Give Aurene the dragon hatchling doll.
Give Aurene a souvenir from Divinity's Reach.
- One of the following:
- <Character name>: Something special just for you.
- <Character name>: A little something from the outside world.
- Give Aurene a souvenir from the Black Citadel. (Same as above)
- Give Aurene a souvenir from Hoelbrak. (Same as above)
- Give Aurene a souvenir from Rata Sum. (Same as above)
- Give Aurene a souvenir from the Grove. (Same as above)
- Give Aurene a souvenir from Orr. (Same as above)
- Give Aurene a souvenir from the Zephyrites. (Same as above)
- Never mind.
- Ruka calling her "Glint's second scion" is likely in reference to Gleam, Glint's eldest child.
- She was named after aurene glass, which has an iridescent, translucent finish, because they share a color palette as stated during the Guild Chat on December 9, 2016.
- Despite residing in the Inner Chamber of Tarir, Aurene does not show up in the open world chamber and is instead represented as an egg. She can presently only be encountered as a hatchling in Living World Season 3 story instances and in a special personal instance introduced in A Crack in the Ice.
- She has her own leitmotif, called "Aurene's Theme", which was composed by Maclaine Diemer.