Southsun Crab Toss
Southsun Crab Toss
A crab-hunting quaggan needs your help to keep her catch alive on Southsun Cove while the karka close in.
— In-game description
Southsun Crab Toss is a guild challenge where the guild has to hold and protect a crab bundle against swarms of various karka for 5 minutes. The crab must be held at all times by a guild member, and cannot touch the ground or leave the red boundary or the guild fails the challenge. While holding the crab, the carrier is marked by a beacon of light and the challenge icon and loses all endurance regeneration, as well as all their skills. If needed, they can throw the crab to another player. The rest of the guild act as protectors to guard the carrier against the karka.
If the crab touches the ground the challenge will immediately be failed. This means that the crab must be grabbed from the rock immediately after mission start so it does not move off the rock. The crab will also hit the ground if the carrier is knocked down. If the challenge fails the group will be immediately ejected out of the instance and back into Southsun Cove.
[Group Event] Fend off attacking karka and keep Fraloo's crab alive inside the circle. (80)
- Time remaining: 5:00
- This event fails if the crab dies or is removed from the circle.
- Talking to Fralloo first
- Ooh, the crabs here are extra-tasty! Quaggan needs someone to protect this succulent crab while quaggan goes to hunt some more.
- See below dialogue.
- Sorry, can't help you right now.
- Interacting with the Guild Challenge point or selecting "No problem!" above.
- You'll need a party of your guild members to take on this challenge. Are you ready?
- Yes. Bring on the challenge!
- Interacting with the Guild Challenge point or selecting "No problem!" above without the guild challenge assigned.
- A guild officer needs to activate this mission for you before you can take part in this challenge.
The crab carrier loses all their skills except one and are put under the effects of Succulent Strain.
- Succulent Strain — The succulent crab is heavy and aromatic. Your movement speed is reduced. You cannot regenerate endurance or become invisible.
|1||Throw Crab||1||Throw the crab to another player. Catching the crab grants swiftness to the receiving player.|
- Being downed as a carrier counts as the crab touching the ground, since it forces you to drop any and all bundles. Make sure you toss the crab to someone else before that happens.
- As a carrier you have no endurance regen. This means you have exactly two dodges before you are defenseless. It is very important to remain mobile as the carrier, so plan ahead to have a couple nearby helpers that can take the crab.
- The Throw Crab skill is ground targeted, similar to tossing the keg in Keg Brawl, and as such can miss. This will cause a failure.
- Initially the guild will face Karka Hatchlings and Young Karka. A little over halfway through the event, a Veteran Karka will spawn, and usually a Champion Karka will spawn near the end. Veteran Karka and Veteran Young Karka can knock players and the crab carrier down, which can end the challenge immediately.
- Karka Hatchlings use special cripple and bleed abilities that can only be removed by dodging (or waiting 20 seconds), making them very problematic for the carrier. Protectors need to focus down the hatchlings whenever possible to avoid this
- The Veteran and Champion Karkas need to be distracted away from the carrier as soon as they spawn, as their karka roll abilities will knock the carrier down for several seconds, making it easy to fail the challenge. Stability is very useful to have ready for the carrier at this time.
- It's tempting to just swarm the carrier, but it's even more useful to create a couple rings instead, with the outer ring focusing on killing any karka (especially any hatchlings) and the inner ring of support staying with the carrier to buff, heal, and be ready to take the crab if necessary. Bunching everyone up makes it hard to see the karka and leaves the guild vulnerable to the Veteran and Champion Karka rolls.
- All karka die immediately as soon as the timer is up, so you do not actually need to kill the Veteran/Champion: just keep them away from the carrier.
- Fralloo: Crab, crab, coo coo! Come out and play!
- Fralloo: Coo. Quaggan thanks you.
- The main objective of this mission is to not let the crab touch the floor, so it is more important to protect the carrier than to focus efforts on killing the veterans and champions, kite them if need be.