These challenges leverage our existing event system but are specifically geared to require multi-group, coordinated play to succeed. So gather your guild and see if you’re up to the challenge!
— Official website
Guild Challenges are instanced guild missions where members work together to overcome various tasks involving: protecting NPCs or objects, defeating hostile NPCs, destroying objects within a short period of each other, or simply surviving for a set amount of time.
Any player with the 'Mission Control' permission for their Guild Rank can trigger the challenge from the Missions tab of the guild panel. The guild is assigned one of 6 different guild challenges, and can have a challenge mission in any or all of the Difficulty Tiers, including the dedicated PvE slot if it has been unlocked. Each challenge has unique requirements for completion, including a time limit.
- As with all other missions, use the Missions tab of the Guild panel to launch the mission.
- Interact with the mission symbol on the ground at the starting location of the mission. Replying "Yes..." to the prompt will create a Guild Banner on top of the symbol.
- All participating guild members must enter the same instance to get mission credit. This is done by stepping up to the Guild Banner at the start of the mission. A prompt should appear defaulting to the guild currently represented. Select the correct guild and hit the "YES" button. You should then be moved to the correct instance with your fellow guild members.
- When all participating guild members have entered the correct instance, speak to the Guild Initiative Representative next to the mission symbol on the ground to start the mission.
The mission will be automatically aborted if these steps 2, 3 and 4 are not carried out within a time limit.
Members of a guild that successfully finish the challenge receive the following rewards:
- 1 or 2 pieces of rare or better equipment (depending on Difficulty Tier)
- 70 to 80 (depending on Difficulty Tier)
- 1 or 2 Guild Commendations (depending on Difficulty Tier)
- There is also a chance to receive an ascended accessory.
Guilds that successfully complete a Challenge will receive the appropriate level of favor, being 300, 400, or 500. (And a 10% bonus if the guild has not chosen to specialize.)
Non-guild member rewards
Normal Event rewards.
- Each member can only receive the individual rewards once per week; this resets at midnight UTC Sunday morning. If a guild member has received their rewards for a guild mission, the small chest icon beside that mission slot will display as open and glowing gold from within.
- The guild can only earn favor from this mission once per week, per Difficulty Tier. If a guild has successfully completed and earned rewards for a guild mission, the small shield icon beside that mission slot will appear filled in and glowing gold.
|Destroy all crystal nodes before the first regenerates.
Nodes regenerate 30 seconds after being destroyed.
Nodes can only be damaged by special Charrzookas.
Branded for Termination
|Fields of Ruin
|Helliot Mine Waypoint
|Destroy all three targets before the first revives.
Targets revive 30 seconds after being killed.
|The Mire Sea
|Irwin Isle Waypoint
|Rescue and escort 10 quaggan from the krait, each to a specific rescue spot.
Challenge fails if a single quaggan dies.
Quaggan can be rescued and escorted separately.
Save Our Supplies
|The Granite Front
|Viper's Run Waypoint
|11 minutes 40 seconds
|Protect 20 supply barrels from the Flame Legion for the duration of the challenge.
At least one barrel must remain at end to succeed. Challenge fails if all 20 are destroyed.
Defensive turrets can be upgraded.
Use mines, mortar shells, and chokepoints to stop enemies.
Strike teams should be sent out to destroy ranged enemies.
Scratch Sentry Defense
Four waves of enemies
|Protect three skritt sentries against four waves of increasingly challenging enemies.
Challenge fails if a single sentry dies.
Use tunnels to switch between northern two sentries with a single group.
Southsun Crab Toss
|Kiel's Outpost Waypoint
|Protect crab carrier from the karka onslaught for the duration of the challenge.
Challenge fails if carrier is downed, crab falls on the ground, or crab is moved out of red circle.
Carrier is marked but has no endurance regeneration and no skills outside of tossing the crab to another player.
- Guild Challenges were introduced in the Flame and Frost: The Gathering Storm update on February 26th, 2013.
- Before the release of Heart of Thorns, Guilds that successfully complete a Challenge received 30 Guild Merits.