Scratch Sentry Defense
Scratch Sentry Defense
An experimental device has enraged various creatures around Fionnghuala Scratch in Timberline Falls. Defend the skritt sentries stations outside the scratch until the researchers can shut down the device.
— In-game description
Scratch Sentry Defense is a guild challenge where the guild has to protect three skritt sentries who are under attack from four waves of various foes, such as spiders, drakes, jotun, and ettin. The skritt have discovered a device that, when turned on, enrages nearby mobs who are coming to kill the skritt. All three sentries must be kept alive throughout the challenge or the guild will fail. Enemies arrive from three tunnels to the northeast, northwest, and south.
Getting ThereFrom the Stromkarl Waypoint — go north-west into the cave. The Guild Challenge marker is south-east of the Stovepipe Pogue point of interest.
[Group Event] Defend the three skritt sentries from waves of artificially enraged ettins, jotun, and spiders. (55)
- Defend the Red Flag Sentry.
- Defend the Green Flag Sentry.
- Defend the Blue Flag Sentry.
- First wave of invaders remaining.
- Second wave invades in 0:10
- Second wave of invaders remaining.
- Third wave invades in 0:10
- Third wave of invaders remaining.
- Final wave invades in 0:10
- Final wave of invaders remaining.
- Guild Initiative Representative
- Veteran Blue Flag Sentry
- Veteran Green Flag Sentry
- Veteran Red Flag Sentry
- Champion Enraged Ettin
- Champion Enraged Jotun
- Champion Enraged Spider
- Champion Rock Dog
- Champion Salamander Drake Broodmother
- Spider Queen
- Veteran Enraged Ettin
- Veteran Enraged Jotun
- Veteran Enraged Spider
- Cave Spider Hatchling
- Enraged Ettin
- Enraged Jotun
- Enraged Spider
- You'll need a party of your guild members to take on this challenge. Are you ready?
- Yes. Bring on the challenge!
Each of the different entryways has a different combination of enemies to fight. The northwest deals with jotun and some drakes, the northeast deals mainly with spiders, and the south deals with ettin and a few rock dogs. The waves of enemies range from normal to champion, getting progressively more difficulty as the challenge goes on.
- Given that the sentries are so far apart, it is best to split up into multiple groups. Three groups are preferable, although the northern two are close enough that a good mob can move between them.
- While you do not want to confront the waves right at the sentries, since if any die you fail, you do not want to be too far ahead of them since there are a few other enemies in the cave that can also kill them. Always keep at least one player near the sentries to alert everyone and save them in this situation.
- Bring along a good amount of crowd control to help against any champs.