Yanonka the Rat-Wrangler
From Guild Wars 2 WikiJump to navigationJump to search
Yanonka the Rat-Wrangler
- Part of
- Guild Bounty
Possible spawn locations of Suspicious Rats.
This rogue ogre is wanted for spying on and sabotaging various factions vying for control of the Fields of Ruin. Target is notorious for using pet rats to do her dirtiest work.
Yanonka the Rat-Wrangler is a possible target of the Guild Bounty, found wandering around Fields of Ruin. She is a powerful ogre.
Yanonka can be found randomly after interacting with a Suspicious Rat by shooing it away, and she will appear in the place of the rat that has been shooed away.
- Fields of Ruin
- Subdue and capture Yanonka the Rat-Wrangler (30) [Group Event]
- Summons Rat Minions
- Shadowsteps from one player to another
- Yanonka is a considered a difficult target due to her many Rat Minions, which cause bleeding, poisoned and knockdown, and which retaliate against any player who deals damage to them. Players can find themselves with an overwhelming number of condition stacks if they are not careful.
- It is not always feasible to fight Yanonka near a waypoint, but in the event that shooing away a Suspicious Rat spawns her near to one, it can be very helpful to lure her closer to a waypoint if at all possible.
- Some helpful Utility Skills to bring are skills that cleanse or transfer conditions, give stability, and heal.
- Ideally, the best way to defeat Yanonka would be by using single-target, ranged attacks, and avoiding AoE skills. However, this is not usually feasible, as some players have sigils that can cause AoE damage on critical hit, and cleaving with a melee weapon has a very high chance of striking multiple rats at the same time.
- Defeating Yanonka usually becomes a war of attrition as she Shadowsteps from one player to another, inevitably causing players to regularly strike multiple rats, which retaliate against them and can down them very quickly. The rats can be damaged, but killing them often takes longer/more effort than simply focusing on Yanonka herself.
- A viable strategy is to use mostly ranged, single-target attacks where possible, fighting as close to a waypoint as possible so fully dead players can return to the fight quickly. If multiple rats surge after a single player, that player should attempt to pull the rats further from the players focusing damage on Yanonka. Cleanse conditions, use stability, and heal often.
- Smash - Deals medium damage and knocks you down.
- Slice - Deals big amount of damage.
- Punch - Deals medium damage.
- Summons - Summons a veteran Pet Rat.
- Stolen skills
- Sometimes even after you are dead, rats that had aggro on you will still track you down and attack you after being resurrected by another player or waypointing, no matter how far the waypoint is on the current map.
- If you are unable to locate any rat, it is very likely that another guild is already fighting Yanonka.