User:Dr ishmael/Feature pack/Sigil
A sigil is a type of upgrade component that can only be used on weapons. Like all upgrade components, attaching a sigil to a weapon will make that weapon soulbound, it will replace any existing component in the upgrade slot, and it has a chance of being recovered when the weapon is salvaged. Sigils can be crafted by artificers, huntsmen, or weaponsmiths.
There are three tiers of sigils, Minor, Major, and Superior, with the higher tiers having stronger effects. Each tier has a level requirement, which refers to the minimum level of weapon to which the sigil can be attached.
- Minor sigils have no minimum level.
- Major sigils require a level 39 weapon or above.
- Superior sigils require a level 60 weapon or above.
A character can always equip two sigils at a time (either one sigil each on a main-hand and off-hand weapon, or two sigils on a two-handed weapon). In general, the two sigils will both provide their effects independently as long as the base sigil is different. The exceptions to this are the stacking sigils: only one stack effect can be active at a time.
- A warrior is wielding a greatsword with both a Superior Sigil of Air (chance to deal additional damage to target on hit) and a Superior Sigil of Earth (chance to inflict Bleeding on hit) attached to it. Both sigils will roll their chance to activate on every attack the warrior makes, and each sigil will run its own cooldown timer after it activates.
- A thief is wielding a main-hand dagger with a Minor Sigil of Agony (+5% Bleeding duration) and an off-hand pistol with a Major Sigil of Agony (+7% Bleeding duration). Only the major sigil's effect will apply, giving the thief +7% bleeding duration.
- A mesmer is wielding a scepter with a Minor Sigil of Bloodlust (gain a stack of +Power for every kill) and a focus with a Minor Sigil of Perception (gain a stack of +Precision for every kill). The main-hand's stacking sigil will take precedence, and the mesmer will only gain stacks of Bloodlust.
There are 5 categories of sigils based on how their effects are activated.
Sigils in this group provide a constant effect while the weapon is wielded. There are three subtypes.
- Attribute bonus
- Provide a static bonus to a specific attribute.
|Sigil of Accuracy||+ 1% / 3% / 5% Critical Chance|
|Sigil of Bursting||+ 4% / 5% / 6% Condition Damage|
|Sigil of Malice||+ 4% / 5% / 6% Condition Duration|
- Damage bonus
- Increase direct damage, usually with a condition that must be met.
|Sigil of Centaur Slaying||+ 3% / 5% / 10% damage vs Centaurs|
|Sigil of Destroyer Slayer||+ 3% / 5% / 10% damage vs Destroyers|
| Sigil of Demon Slaying
Sigil of Elemental Slaying
|+ 3% / 5% / 10% damage vs Elementals|
|Sigil of Dreams||+ 3% / 5% / 10% damage vs Nightmare Court|
|Sigil of Force||+ 1% / 3% / 5% to all damage|
|Sigil of Ghost Slaying||+ 3% / 5% / 10% damage vs Ghosts|
|Sigil of Grawl Slaying||+ 3% / 5% / 10% damage vs Grawl|
|Sigil of Icebrood Slaying||+ 3% / 5% / 10% damage vs Icebrood|
|Sigil of Impact||+ 3% / 5% / 10% damage vs stunned or knocked down foes|
|Sigil of Justice||+ 3% / 5% / 10% damage vs Bandits|
|Sigil of Karka Slaying||+ 3% / 5% / 10% damage vs Karka|
|Sigil of the Night||+ 5% / 7% / 10% damage at night|
|Sigil of Ogre Slaying||+ 3% / 5% / 10% damage vs Ogres|
|Sigil of Seeking||+ 3% / 5% / 10% damage vs Inquest|
|Sigil of Serpent Slaying||+ 3% / 5% / 10% damage vs Krait|
|Sigil of Smothering||+ 3% / 5% / 10% damage vs Flame Legion|
|Sigil of Sorrow||+ 3% / 5% / 10% damage vs Dredge|
|Sigil of Undead Slaying||+ 3% / 5% / 10% damage vs Undead|
|Sigil of Wrath||+ 3% / 5% / 10% damage vs Sons of Svanir|
- Duration bonus
- Increased Condition Duration for a specific condition, or increased base duration for a control effect
|Sigil of Agony||+ 5% / 7% / 10% longer Bleeding duration|
|Sigil of Chilling||+ 5% / 7% / 10% longer Chilled duration|
|Sigil of Debility||+ 5% / 7% / 10% longer Weakness duration|
|Sigil of Hobbling||+ 5% / 7% / 10% longer Crippled duration|
|Sigil of Paralyzation||+ 5% / 7% / 10% longer Stun duration|
|Sigil of Peril||+ 5% / 7% / 10% longer Vulnerability duration|
|Sigil of Smoldering||+ 5% / 7% / 10% longer Burning duration|
|Sigil of Venom||+ 5% / 7% / 10% longer Poison duration|
These sigils apply their effect whenever a foe dies while the weapon is wielded. There are two subtypes.
- Immediate bonus
- Provides an instantaneous effect.
|Sigil of Luck||30 / 40 / 50% chance to gain a boon on kill|
|Sigil of Restoration||Heals for 515 / 677 on kill|
|Sigil of Speed||Grants 5s / 7s / 10s of Swiftness on kill|
|Superior Sigil of Stamina||Endurance is refilled on kill|
- Stacking bonus
- Gain stacks of an effect that grants an attribute bonus; maximum of 25 stacks. One stack is gained for AI kills, and 5 stacks for player kills. You can only have one stacking bonus at a time. The bonus is lost when you are downed, when you travel to a different zone, or when you unequip the weapon.
|Sigil of Benevolence||+ 0.3% / 0.4% / 0.5% Healing effectiveness per stack|
|Sigil of Bloodlust||+ 5 / 7 / 10 Power per stack|
|Sigil of Corruption||+ 5 / 7 / 10 Condition Damage per stack|
|Sigil of Life||+ 7 / 10 Healing Power per stack|
|Sigil of Momentum||+ 3 / 4 / 5 Toughness per stack|
|Sigil of Perception||+ 7 / 10 Precision per stack|
Chance on hit
These sigils have a chance to activate on every attack. They have an internal cooldown before they can activate again.
|Sigil of Frailty||50% chance to inflict Vulnerability for 10s on hit (cooldown: 10s)|
|Sigil of Ice||10% / 20% / 30% chance to inflict Chilled for 1s / 1s / 2s on hit (cooldown: 10s)|
|Superior Sigil of Purity||60% chance to remove a condition on hit (cooldown: 10s)|
|Sigil of Water||50% chance to heal nearby allies on hit (cooldown: 10s)|
Chance on critical hit
These sigils have a chance to activate on critical hits, and they also have an internal cooldown.
|Sigil of Air||50% chance to cause a Lightning Strike on critical hit (cooldown: 5s / 4s / 3s)|
|Sigil of Blood||50% chance to steal life on critical hit (cooldown: 5s / 4s / 3s)|
|Sigil of Earth||30% / 45% / 60% chance to inflict Bleeding for 3s / 4s / 5s on critical hit (cooldown: 2s)|
|Sigil of Fire||50% chance to cause a Flame Blast on critical hit (cooldown: 5s / 5s / 5s)|
|Sigil of Generosity||20% / 40% / 60% chance to transfer a condition to your foe on critical hit (cooldown: 10s)|
|Superior Sigil of Nullification||60% chance to remove a boon on critical hit (cooldown: 10s)|
|Superior Sigil of Rage||10% chance to gain Quickness for 3 seconds on critical hit (cooldown: 45s)|
|Sigil of Strength||50% chance to gain Might for 5s / 7s / 10s on critical hit (cooldown: 10s)|
|Superior Sigil of Torment||30% chance to inflict AoE Torment for 8s on critical hit (cooldown: 7s)|
On weapon swap
These sigils activate when you perform a weapon swap to a set with one of these sigils while in combat. They all have a cooldown of 9 seconds.
For professions that do not have access to weapon swapping:
- Elementalists trigger these sigils when changing attunement.
- Engineers trigger these sigils when equipping or stowing a kit.
|Sigil of Battle||Gain 2 / 3 stacks of Might for 20 seconds on weapon swap|
|Sigil of Doom||Inflict Poison for 3s / 4s / 5s on your next attack after weapon swap|
|Sigil of Energy||Gain 25% / 50% of your endurance on weapon swap|
|Sigil of Geomancy||Inflict Bleeding on nearby foes for 3s / 5s / 7s on weapon swap|
|Sigil of Hydromancy||Damage nearby foes and inflict Chilled for 1s / 2s / 3s on weapon swap|
|Superior Sigil of Intelligence||Your next 3 attacks after weapon swap have a 100% critical chance|
|Sigil of Leeching||Your next attack after weapon swap steals health|
|Sigil of Renewal||Heal allies within 180 / 240 / 300 range on weapon swap|
- Sigil effects are not restricted to the respective weapon's skills. For example, a Sigil of Force on an off hand weapon will also increase the damage of mainhand skills or utility skills.
- Sigils continue to function while holding a bundle, such as engineer kits. In several cases, both equipping and dropping them in combat also counts as a weapon swap.