From Guild Wars 2 WikiJump to navigationJump to search
Some items are always Soulbound:
Items may also become Soulbound in several ways:
- Applying an upgrade to an item
- Damaging or breaking armor will soulbind it until it is repaired
- Equipping Masterwork, Rare or Exotic equipment (but not Ascended or Legendary equipment).
- Equipping items with an upgrade component already applied
- If you stash soulbound items in your bank and delete the character they are bound to, even if you recreate an identical character with the same name you will not be able to utilize the soulbound items.
- During the first BWE, items were known to lose their Soulbound status, usually by being repaired by an armor vendor after breaking.