From Guild Wars 2 WikiJump to navigationJump to search
2 1 3
|Location within The Desolation|
- The Desolation
- Connects to
- Boundary Preserve (E)
Elon Riverlands (N)
Silent Vale (NE)
Palawa Cut (S)
Sulfur Quarry (SW)
The Spillway (W)
Click to enlarge.
The Bonestrand has been cut off by the war. Despite their dedication to Joko, the villagers in Purity have seen a rise in suspicious activity, and they've had to endure more more scrutiny from the Awakened at the garrison.
The Bonestrand is an area in The Desolation. A small village inhabitated by Palawa Joko's subjects, both Awakened and human, can be found here, surrounded by fields.
Locations and objectives
- Renown Hearts
- Help Kisha Odili keep the village running (80)
- Help Tariq weaken the garrison (80)
- Bonestrand Waypoint —
- Points of Interest
- Bonecage Paddock —
- Bonestrand Garrison —
- Village of Purity —
- Defeat the Legendary bounty (80) [Group Event]
- Defeat the champion bounty (80) [Group Event]
- Defeat the champion bounty (80) [Group Event]
- Defend the captive villagers from the garrison's Awakened until Zuri returns with weapons (80)
- Escort Zuri to the clanmarshal's pergola (80)
- Help Rebel Keyon steal weapons from the garrison (80)
- Stop informants from delivering spy reports to the raven posts (80)
- Stop the sneaking saboteurs before they poison all the scarecrows in the fields (80)
- Awakened Archer
- Awakened Occultist
- Awakened Mummy
- Awakened Soldier
- Hidden Spy/Vizier's Spy
- Veteran Awakened Abomination
- Veteran Awakened Archer
- Veteran Awakened Canid
- Veteran Awakened Defiler
- Veteran Awakened Soldier
- Outside the bone wall
- Farmer Bunti: The citizens of the Bonestrand are experiencing a rise in suspicious activity lately. Can you help?
- Farmer Bunti waves at <Character name>.
- At the Village of Purity
- Villager (1): Did you hear we lost another villager last night? They're being all secretive about it, but I heard it was poison.
- Villager (2): Who'd you hear that from? I'm the only person who'll talk to you.
- Villager (1): Very funny. I'm serious, though. What if it's true? Someone has to do something!
- Villager (1): Can you believe these kids talking about taking their chances north of the wall?
- Villager (2): Yep. They’re out of their minds. What are they going to do, eat sand and make friends with giants?
- Villager (1): I know, it’s ridiculous. I hope they come to their senses before something bad happens.
- Villager (1): Rebels? Just a bunch of ignorant kids. Don’t they realize they’re attacking our only connection to King Joko’s empire?
- Villager (2): Young and stupid, that’s what they are. I hope her father can talk some sense into her.
- Villager (1): Let’s hope so. Somebody needs to put a stop to this foolishness.
- Villager (1): Sometimes when the gates open, I can see the dunes out there. Golden and shifting in the wind. It's beautiful.
- Villager (2): But could you imagine living out there in all that nothingness? So quiet and so still. It sounds lonely.
- Villager (1): It wouldn't be lonely if you were there with me.
- Villager (2): You say the sweetest things.
- Villager (1): You know, this town is such an oppressive dump nowadays. Maybe Zuri’s right. We should join the rebels.
- Villager (2): Ha! You? I doubt they’d even want you!
- Villager (1): Hey! I have some skills. I could help in some way or other. Probably.
- Villager (2): Oh, please. Last time you tried to butcher dinner, we ended up with vegetable soup, and you ended up with a pet chicken.
- Villager (1): Do either of you ever just feel like leaving Purity?
- Villager (2): Watch what you say. The wrong people hear that kind of talk, they’ll think you’re affiliated with you-know-who.
- Villager (3): Yes, careful. This place may be falling apart, but you don’t want to risk exile.
- Villager (1): Have you seen my boy? He went to help in the fields, but then he never came home. I'm starting to worry.
- Villager (2): He's probably fine. You know how teenagers are, always testing the boundaries.
- Villager (1): Could be. He's just never done anything like this before.
- Villager (1): Have any of you seen my boy?
- Villager (3): Can't say that I have.
- Villager (4): No, sorry. You check with his girlfriend?
- Villager (1): I tried. It turns out she also went missing shortly after he did.
- Villager (4): Sorry to hear that. Hopefully it's just kids being kids.
- Villager (4): Poor guy. That kid probably ran off with his girlfriend to join the rebels.
- Villager (3): Or worse, they might've attempted the Bone Wall.
- Villager (4): (sigh) I hope not. If they were that foolish, we'll be seeing them again soon. As Awakened.
- Villager (1): My son hasn't come by here, has he?
- Villager (5): Sorry, can't say that he has.
- Villager (1): Well, if you see him, tell him he needs to come home!
- Villager (2): Still no luck finding your boy?
- Villager (1): No, he hasn't turned up. It's not like him.
- Villager (2): Don't worry too much—sometimes young men just need to get out and do their own thing. They usually come back.
- Villager (1): That's not very reassuring. Let me know if you hear anything.
- Villager (1): Something's just not right. We get cut off by the war and suddenly our leaders lock themselves in their palace?
- Villager (2): Well, the vizier was never very friendly...but yeah, things have changed.
- Villager (1): For the worse! Food's running low, people are missing... it can't be a coincidence.
- Villager (3): Wait, you think... No they wouldn't do that. Would they?
- Villager (1): The war's been especially tough on this place. It's getting harder to ignore it.
- Villager (2): You're right my idiot cousin made an attempt at the wall. the other day. Now he's idiot drake food. People are desperate.
- Villager (3): Desperate and afraid. And rightly so. It's been nothing but hardship for way too long.
- Villager (1): At least we still have each other.
- Villager (2): Yeah, sure. Until one of us makes a run for it and joins my cousin in the belly of that drake.
- Villager (1): I hear someone spotted some kind of Forged beast out east. Do you think the war will reach us here?
- Villager (2): Let's hope not. The garrison was established during peacetime. I'm not sure they're prepared to handle the Forged.
- Villager (1): You're right. No way they could handle a full-on assault by Balthazar.
- Villager (1): What do you think it's like over there?
- Villager (2): Hard, I imagine. But they're all criminals, so I suppose it's fitting.
- Villager (1): True, but what if you kept going north, what do you think is past that?
- Villager (1): With all these rumors of rebellion, it’s only a matter of time before the vizier and the clanmarshal crack down.
- Villager (2): Really? They're already exiling people. What else can they do?
- Villager (1): Kill them. Think about it. Less unrest, more Awakened...
- Villager (1): That's... No... That’s unthinkable. They wouldn’t do that. Would they?
- Villager (1): A few rough months and people are ready to cut and run. Typical.
- Villager (2): I hear you. It's like they've completely forgotten all those years of safety and prosperity we had before this.
- Villager (1): Absolutely. King Joko will return, and all this will pass.
- Villager (2): Exactly. War isn't easy. We just have to get through it.
- Villager (1): ???[verification requested]
- Villager (2): Definitely! He'd crush the Forged, same as he did with the Margonites. It'd be outstanding.
- Kennelmaster Jalil: Hey! Thanks for all your help around here. Things aren't perfect, but they've definitely improved.
- Near the Bounty Board
- Order of Shadows Agent: Reports of creatures driven insane by ley energy are coming from all over. Are you going to help?
- Order of Shadows Agent: Seeking adventure? Fame? Reward? Take a look at our bounty contracts!
- Order of Shadows Agent: A new bounty has been posted! Go look at the bounty boards.
- Order of Shadows Agent: Take the bounty on the drake Muckstalker. Ley magic has turned him vicious.
- Order of Shadows Agent: That turncoat Zawadi has been snitching to the vizier. Teach her a lesson.
- Order of Shadows Agent: Who will claim the bounty on the Awakened abhorrence?
- Order of Shadows Agent: An oversized choya wild with ley magic? We can't have that wandering around, can we?
- Order of Shadows Agent: Want to take down a legendary bounty? You'll find the Awakened hoarder in a mausoleum.
- Collapsed Stucco
- Grass Fire
- Mine Defusing Kit
- Open Wall
- Prepared Body
- Sand Pile
- Tar-Soaked Bandage Kit
- Trade Cache
- Vizier's Propaganda
- Wasp Damage
- Wasp Nest
- Resource nodes
- Rich Orichalcum Vein
- Mithril Ore
- Mebahya Sapling
- Cluster of Desert Herbs
- Desert Vegetables
- If you go too far north in the water near the Bone Wall, you will get a message that you are leaving the playable area and will be killed.