Chef is a crafting discipline that focuses on food and dyes, which are useful to all professions. Chef is unique among crafting disciplines in that it has no discernible tiers. Crafting requires the use of a crafting station.
Speak to any of these NPCs to become a chef and to buy crafting supplies. Swapping active disciplines costs 10 per level already attained in the target discipline.
|Novice||0 - 74|
|Initiate||75 - 149|
|Apprentice||150 - 224|
|Journeyman||225 - 299|
|Adept||300 - 399|
|Master||400 - 499|
Chefs can learn these types of recipes:
Recipes require ingredients which are purchased from vendors, gathered, looted, or crafted. Some food may only be obtained during special events or festivals. The full list may be found here.
For desserts and meals from rating 100 onwards, recipe sheets for feast versions of them can be made in the Mystic Forge. Feasts are items that, when placed in the world, grant a food buff to all who interact with them.
At Master rank, chefs can craft gifts that are used in the Mystic Forge to craft special weapons.
|Gift of Color
(Learned from: Recipe: Gift of Color)
|Gift of Water
(Learned from: Recipe: Gift of Water)
|Vial of Liquid Flame
(Learned from: Recipe: Liquid Flame)
- See also: Chef/Dyes
Dyes are used to change the color of armor and outfits.
|Simple Chef's Backpack||Fine||0|
|Basic Chef's Backpack||Masterwork||75|
|Savory Chef's Backpack||Rare||150|
|Hearty Chef's Backpack||Rare||275|
|Gourmet Chef's Backpack||Exotic||300|
|Ambrosial Chef's Backpack||Exotic||400|
Mail received upon reaching rating 425
Once the player reaches a chef rating of 425 they will receive the following letter:
Is it true?
People are talking about you. Chefs, mostly. They're saying you're some kind of rising culinary superstar. I know talent when I taste it, so why don't you cook me a Chef's Tasting Platter and I'll give you my professional opinion. With my help, you can attain greatness!
I'll be waiting near your home. Chop chop!
- Primary article: Ascended feast
Upon reaching chef discipline level 500 ascended feasts can be crafted. These feasts stay active for 5 minutes, can be used by multiple players and provides a nourishment effects that last 1 hour.
- Aside from a handful of collection items, up until the End of Dragons Expansion in 2022, there were no fish-related recipes or ingredients for Chef. This was because Linsey Murdock hoped to introduce them alongside a fishing activity. As of 2016 there were however no plans to add fishing to the game.
- Fishing has subsequently been revealed to be a feature of the End of Dragons expansion.
- Since the release of the End of Dragons expansion there are now different recipes for Sushi and Fish Dinners (see Fish (consumable) for more info).
- Tradesman: Gourmet Training (5 )