Township of Claypool
Township of Claypool
The Township of Claypool is one of the largest towns in Queensdale, located south of Divinity's Reach. Because of its protective walls, it is often a spot where refugees from centaur attacks head to. The town is also used to train militia and Seraph recruits for the war. They are well known for their crafters and are the main manufacturers for the Seraph - most weaponry found in Divinity's Reach was forged in Claypool.
The town itself is named after the noble family who owns the land, the current head being Lord Arrin Claypool.
Locations and objectives
- Renown Hearts
- Train with the militia (8)
- Claypool Waypoint —
- The Apple and the Arrow
- Escort the trading post caravan to Claypool (7)
- Animals (During related events only)
- Cattleman Curtis (During related events only)
- Colm Thompson
- Crafting Crier
- Farmer Hewitt
- Gabrielle Smith
- Innkeeper Mylia
- Kim Johnason
- Lord Arrin
- Lord Mayor Johlin
- Meri Mullins
- Militia Trainee (8)
- Rifle Drill Sergeant
- Seraph Soldier (8)
- Sergeant Liddy (8)
- Sergeant Neal (8)
- Sergeant Soto (8)
- Shield Drill Sergeant
- Sword Drill Sergeant
- Worker (8)
- Armorsmithing Station
- Artificing Station
- Cooking Station
- Huntsman's Station
- Jeweling Station
- Leatherworking Station
- Tailoring Station
- Training Target
- Weaponsmithing Station
- Posted Message
- Resource nodes
- Bulk ingredients
- Sergeant Soto: Pick up a rifle and get in formation. Remember, don't release your shot until the order is given.
- Rifle Drill Sergeant: Take aim...
- Rifle Drill Sergeant: Hold...
- Rifle Drill Sergeant: Fire!
- Rifle Drill Sergeant: Not bad. Not bad at all. Let's keep at it.
- Sergeant Soto: It's not enough to hit the target! You must learn to hold until commanded!
- Sergeant Soto: That rifle is property of the Seraph! You can't just walk off with it!
- Sergeant Liddy: Nobody runs off with my equipment. You train in the ring or not at all.
- Sergeant Neal: Pick up a training sword if you want to train. Wouldn't want anyone getting hurt.
- Sword Drill Sergeant: Come on! That's way too slow! Try attacking me as I LOWER my guard.
- Sergeant Liddy: Show these whelps how it's done. Pick up a shield and get in there.
- Shield Drill Sergeant: You'll never block me like that! Try raising your shield just as I launch my attack.
- Sergeant Liddy: Good! That's how you block an attack. Again!
- Child: Are centaurs evil?
- Lord Mayor Johlin: It's more complicated than just good and evil.
- Child: What's complicated mean?
- Lord Mayor Johlin: We're safe from centaurs here. The garrison protects us.
- Villager: Protection isn't enough. We're at war! We have to win no matter the cost.
- Lord Mayor Johlin: We can't exterminate them.
- Villager: Why not?
- Villager: Don't they have their own land? Why do they want ours?
- Lord Mayor Johlin: They think it belongs to them. But with the garrison nearby, we don't have to worry.
- Elder: Things were different back in my day.
- Villager: Were they any better?
- Elder: Not really.
- Villager: Hmm. I'm not sure.
- Amela: Please. It's perfect for you! You'll be the envy of your friends!
- Villager: Bet he's at the tavern again.
- Villager (1): I can't help feeling that the shadow of the day will become a long, dark night.
- Villager (2): Queen Jennah won't let that happen. She has a plan, I'm sure.
- Villager (1): Your turn to tend the fire?
- Villager (2): Nope. Mine was last night.
- Villager (1): Right. I hope we've got enough wood.
- Villager (1): The craft fair is a good place for a family gathering.
- Villager (2): Oh, yes! I think so too.
- Villager (1): Why do we need extra wheat?
- Villager (2): I told you. My sister's family is coming down from Shaemoor.
- Villager (1): We should go there instead.
- Villager (2): And risk getting robbed? Or worse? No thank you!
- Villager (1): The trade caravans are getting unreliable.
- Villager (2): Damn centaurs.
- Villager (1): Men are dumb.
- Villager (2): Stupid, even.
- Villager (1): Makes it easy for us, though.
- Villager (1): I'm thinking of heading to the market. Know anyone who wants to go?
- Villager (2): Have fun.
- Villager (1): We should move to Lion's Arch. I want to raise a family somewhere safe.
- Villager (2): Claypool is safe. Besides, Lion's Arch is full of charr.
- Villager (1): Centaurs and bandits run rampant out here.
- Villager (2): They think it belongs to them. But with the garrison nearby, we don't have to worry.
- Villager (1): I hear there's good money workin' for the Inquest.
- Villager (2): As long as ya have no morals, it's a good-paying job.
- Villager (1): My sister's friend's uncle went into that dank cave and hasn't been seen since.
- Villager (2): Nobody went after him?
- Villager (1): Not that I know of. Her friends are too scared to leave town.
- Villager (1): I thought I heard hooves.
- Villager (2): You must be hearing things. Believe me, you'd know if a centaur was close by.
- Child (1): Come on! Jump. I did it. It's easy!
- Child (2): I don't want to. I'm tired.
- Child (1): Captain Thackeray would do it. He's never tired.
- Child (1): (laughing)
- Child (2): (laughing)